💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

RuPaul's Drag Con UK slammed

Featured Posts

RuPaul's DragCon UK have insisted that they haven't oversold tickets in an official statement.

RuPaul launched the first-ever DragCon UK this weekend (Jan 18-19). However, the event is facing huge backlash from fans.

DragCon is an expo, in which fans are able to meet their favourite drag queens in person and watch them take part in panels and live performances. RuPaul first started DragCon in LA in 2015 and he's since set up DragCon in New York City and now London. RuPaul's DragCon UK boasts appearances from RuPaul, the cast of Drag Race UK and many famous US queens. Bianca Del Rio, Bob the Drag Queen, Trinity the Tuck, Monet X Change and The Vivienne are all on the all-star line-up.

https://www.popbuzz.com/news/rupaul-dragcon-uk-tickets-refund-drag-race/

Thoughts on this ? i was gonna go but I'm glad i didn't !

skaxboy

Oh man. This sucks for people who really wanted to get in and those who traveled far for it. I do want to go to this years LA Drag Con because I’ve never been, but I know the more popular queens have long wait times to meet them. Hopefully they get a larger venue for next year or even have one in 6 months from now and ensure everyone can get in. Plus the demand is there. 

Lawrence

I went to this on Sunday. I arrived there at 8am and was inside by 8:30 (obviously waiting around like a herd of sheep inside but at least I wasn't in the cold). It was very busy inside, the venue was too small but I expected to queue up for a while to meet people etc.. I managed to meet Baga Chipz, The Vivienne and Michelle Visage. Overall, it wasn't that bad. I am just glad I had tickets for the Sunday and not the messy Saturday. 

Gov Hooka

Lol I went to the first Drag Con in NYC in 2017 I believe and it SUCKED. Incredible disappointment. I just wandered around because I didn't want to wait in long lines to meet queens or be forced to buy merch for a conversation. That being said I still met a lot of queens or at least "saw" them from a distance. Some of the panels were good. Overall the best part was seeing the looks that other people were wearing in the crowds.

I didn't go in 2018 or 2019 but I heard it was an improvement so I might show up this year. If you're in NYC, Bushwig is a much better alternative to Drag Con. Much edgier drag and it is performance oriented.   

gagzus

I mean the fact it was in a shopping mall was a fail straight away they better use the coin from this year to get a bigger better venue next year

En_Sabah_Nur
21 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

If you're in NYC, Bushwig is a much better alternative to Drag Con. Much edgier drag and it is performance oriented.   

....Or the newly revamped *WigStock* ☺️👌🏾

Egypt. W

RAMROD

The only reason to go there is to buy merch, just like any other cons, and some items for your drag purpose, if you are doing one. Those queueing for a pic is not worth it, besides, the lighting for profesional photography like that is really sucks there lmao

Besides, how come Ru didn't see this coming, knowing as popular as Drag Race is, but still booking a mall for it, seriously?! Even if this is the first dragcon in UK.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived