💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ceremony: Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits (Part 1)

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian
5 minutes ago, Talenti said:

Dolly has  really amazing boobs!:heart: 10/10!:heart: 

Not the boob talk again:nooo:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

rumours

#19: Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That (1989)

837507b1-8971-4d79-ab8e-6caba7587e50-88_

Average Score: 7.94

High Score: 10 @OG Gaga Stan @Ronk @Davian

Low Score: 3 @Blue Madonna

Comments:

@Lois Griffin ~ “I really enjoy this song. It gets a little bit lost in the pantheon of amazing Dolly pop songs for me, to the point that when I thought of this song to rate it I somehow mistakenly confused it with both Romeo (omg how is Romeo not on this list) and There's More Where That Came From.”

@Oriane – “why did you do that is shook”

Chart Information:

U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles: #1 (20 Weeks on Chart)

U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles (Year End): #43

Canadian RPM Country Tracks: #1

Canadian RPM Country Tracks (Year End): #2

Song Information:

The lead single from her Gold-Certified album “White Limozeen”, “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” followed the success of the Trio album era in which Parton began her transition back to country from pop music. “White Limozeen” would peak at #3 on the US Billboard Top Country Album Charts, spending nearly 2 years (100 weeks) on the chart. The other singles to chart were “Yellow Roses”, “He’s Alive”, “Time For Me To Fly”, and “White Limozeen”, peaking at #1, #39, #39, and #29. After the success of this album, Parton would record only country material during the remainder of her tenure at Columbia Records.

Other Nominations (N) and Wins (W) Associated With The “White Limozeen” Era:

Academy of Country Music Award (1989) – Top Female Vocalist (N)

Academy of Country Music Award (1989) – Entertainer of the Year (N)

Academy of Country Music Award (1989) – Video of the Year for “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” (N)

Academy of Country Music Award (1990) – Entertainer of the Year (N)

CMT Music Award (1990) – Best Music Video for “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” (N)

Country Music Association Award (1989) – Video of the Year for “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” (N)

Grammy Award (1990) – Best Country Vocal Performance, Female for “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” (N)

1989 Sevierville Chamber of Commerce, Citizen of Year

White-Limozeen-cover.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The Song:

Live Performance:

Cover:

10 minutes ago, rumours said:

#21: Think About Love (1985)

dollyparton1987_2906896k.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score: 7.87

High Score: 10 @Glamourpuss @Enzo @Animal Claws

Low Score: 4 @Blue Madonna

Comments:

@Lois Griffin ~ “This is a fun pop song. Some of the couplets may be a little played out, but then again it's a fun pop song. Hearing it gives me a wonderful nostalgic feeling.”

Chart Information:

U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles: #1 (22 Weeks on Chart)

Song Information:

Released as the third single from Parton’s 1985 album “Real Love”, “Think About Love” reached #1 in March of 1986. Other singles from the album include “Don’t Call It Love” (#3), “Real Love (w/ Kenny Rogers)” (#1), and “Tie Our Love (In A Double Knot)” (#17). The album itself reached #9 on the Country Album Charts, spending 40 weeks there. The album featured pop production typical of Parton’s catalog of the mid 1980s. Despite the success of the album and singles, RCA and Parton decided to part ways in 1986. She would later move to Columbia Records and would stay there till 1995.

Other Nominations (N) and Wins (W) Associated With the “Real Love” Era:

American Music Award (1986) – Favorite Country Female (N)

Grammy Award (1986) – Best Country Vocal Performance, Female for “Real Love” Album (N)

Grammy Award (1986) – Best Country Vocal Performance By a Duo or Group for “Real Love” (N)

Ms. Magazine “Woman of the Year” (1986)

Real_Love_%25281985%2529.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The Song:

Live Performance:

Cover:

WTF I'm mad

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

SharkmanthaC
1 minute ago, rumours said:

Comments:

@Lois Griffin ~ “I really enjoy this song. It gets a little bit lost in the pantheon of amazing Dolly pop songs for me, to the point that when I thought of this song to rate it I somehow mistakenly confused it with both Romeo (omg how is Romeo not on this list) and There's More Where That Came From.”

Chart Information:

Song Information:

The lead single from her Gold-Certified album “White Limozeen”, “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” followed the success of the Trio album era in which Parton began her transition back to country from pop music. “White Limozeen” would peak at #3 on the US Billboard Top Country Album Charts, spending nearly 2 years (100 weeks) on the chart. The other singles to chart were “Yellow Roses”, “He’s Alive”, “Time For Me To Fly”, and “White Limozeen”, peaking at #1, #39, #39, and #29. After the success of this album, Parton would record only country material during the remainder of her tenure at Columbia Records.

Academy of Country Music Award (1989) – Video of the Year for “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” (N)

CMT Music Award (1990) – Best Music Video for “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” (N)

Country Music Association Award (1989) – Video of the Year for “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” (N)

Grammy Award (1990) – Best Country Vocal Performance, Female for “Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That” (N)

The Song:

Live Performance:

Cover:

WHAT?!!

she/her/hers

1 minute ago, rumours said:

Comments:

Chart Information:

Song Information:

The Song:

Live Performance:

Cover:

Why Did You Do That tease

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Davian

This title reminds me so much of "Why'd you come around me with an ass like that?" nnn

tenor.gif?itemid=10787336

Spoiler

Gone way too early tho:madge:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

rumours
1 minute ago, Enzo said:

So when you think about love 

Think about me

Nnnn wait a second...

Why does that have so much potential for iconic memes? :air:

Chromatica

I don't know how to feel about this. I really like this song, but I never expected it to place really high. But there are other songs that I think should've ranked lower than this one. 

giphy.gif 

1 minute ago, Lois Griffin said:

I don't know how to feel about this. I really like this song, but I never expected it to place really high. But there other songs that I think should've ranked lower than this one. 

giphy.gif 

The song's a bop.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours

#18 will be the last song with an average score less than 8.00

#1-#17 all scored higher than an 8 on average...

Archived