exoskeleton123

Featured Posts

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChicaSkas

couldnt care less. hope it doesnt distract her too much :nails:

No offense but thank god not everyone shares your opinion :hug:

I'm gonna call it here and say the mystery composer will be Gus Khan or Lorenz Hart.

Calling it now on Sept. 28th 2012. Runner up possibilities: Richard Rogers and / or Oscar Hammerstein, Gershwin, Cole Porter.

(possibly Cole Porter because of Gaga's previous familiarity with his songs).

:omgexcited:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas

Jazz album sounds good but given it

"will consist entirely of songs from the catalog of a mystery songwriter"

all the tracks might be too much the same as each other.

omg. it so has to be Gus Khan.

Gus_Kahn.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gus_Kahn

"Everybody Rag With Me" (1914)

"Memories" (1915)

"Pretty Baby" (1916)

"So Long, Mother" (1917)

"Your Eyes Have Told Me So" (1919)

"Ain't We Got Fun?" (1921)

"Carolina in the Morning" (1922)

"Toot, Toot, Tootsie (Goo' Bye!)" (1922)

"My Buddy" (1922)

"On the Alamo" (1922)

"Swingin' Down The Lane" (1923)

"Charley, My Boy" (1924)

"I'll See You In My Dreams" (1924)

"It Had to Be You" (1924)

"When You and I Were Seventeen" (1924)

"Sometime" (1925)

"Yes Sir, That's My Baby" (1925)

"Ukulele Lady" (1925)

"Chloe" (1927)

"Side by Side" (1927)

"Love Me or Leave Me" (1928)

"Makin' Whoopee" (1928)

"Goofus" (1930)

"My Baby Just Cares for Me" (1930)

"Dream a Little Dream of Me" (1931)

"Guilty" (1931)

"San Francisco" (1936)

or Ira Gershwin.

160px-Ira_gershwin.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ira_Gershwin

"But Not For Me"

"Embraceable You"

"I Can't Get Started"

"I Got Rhythm"

"Nice Work if You Can Get It"

"The Man I Love"

"They Can't Take That Away From Me"

"Someone to Watch Over Me"

"'S Wonderful"

"The Man That Got Away"

"Strike Up the Band"

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas

Here is another strong possibility as I mentioned before, Mr. Lorenz Hart.

(with Richard Rogers in 1936)

220px-Rodgers_and_Hart_NYWTS.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_Hart

Mr. Hart wrote "The Lady Is A Tramp", btw. ;)

"A Ship Without a Sail"

"Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered"

"Blue Moon"

"Blue Room"

"Dancing on the Ceiling"

"Falling in Love with Love"

"Glad to Be Unhappy"

"Have You Met Miss Jones?"

"He Was Too Good to Me"

"I Could Write a Book"

"I Didn't Know What Time It Was"

"I Wish I Were in Love Again"

"I'll Tell The Man In The Street"

"I've Got Five Dollars"

"Isn't It Romantic?"

"It Never Entered My Mind"

"It's Easy to Remember"

"Johnny One Note"

"Little Girl Blue"

"Lover"

"Manhattan"

"Mountain Greenery"

"My Funny Valentine"

"My Heart Stood Still"

"My Romance"

"Sing for Your Supper"

"Spring Is Here"

"Ten Cents a Dance"

"The Lady Is a Tramp"

"The Most Beautiful Girl in the World"

"There's a Small Hotel"

"This Can't Be Love"

"Thou Swell"

"To Keep My Love Alive"

"Where or When"

"With a Song in My Heart"

"You Took Advantage of Me"

No offense but thank god not everyone shares your opinion :hug:

I'm gonna call it here and say the mystery composer will be Gus Khan or Lorenz Hart.

Calling it now on Sept. 28th 2012. Runner up possibilities: Richard Rogers and / or Oscar Hammerstein, Gershwin, Cole Porter.

(possibly Cole Porter because of Gaga's previous familiarity with his songs).

:omgexcited:

You're brilliant! I would love for them to do Gus Khan or Lorenz Hart

Anyways, I LOVE when Gaga does Jazz. Mostly because I'm actually like..90 years old and pretty much only listen to 20-40s music (with the exception of Gaga & a few others of course)

& sweet sweet Tony :flutter:

More excited for this than ARTPOP.....

kiss kiss

ChicaSkas

You're brilliant! I would love for them to do Gus Khan or Lorenz Hart

Anyways, I LOVE when Gaga does Jazz. Mostly because I'm actually like..90 years old and pretty much only listen to 20-40s music (with the exception of Gaga & a few others of course)

& sweet sweet Tony :flutter:

More excited for this than ARTPOP.....

Likewise! Congrats if you are a nonogenarian, even if you aren't, we understand one another! I adore music of that time frame (post WWI and pre-WWII) and beyond up until the present day. (although some of the garbage that passes for sound/harmony these days... :blehga:)

my god, me too, for Christmas last year I purchased the entire 402 song 40 disk Edith Piaf discography. Also enjoy Judy Garland / Liza Minelli, countless others. Would love to see a Gaga/Liza pairing or a Gaga/Sarah Brightman pairing before I croak.

:crazy: hi new friend :)

Likewise! Congrats if you are a nonogenarian, even if you aren't, we understand one another! I adore music of that time frame (post WWI and pre-WWII) and beyond up until the present day. (although some of the garbage that passes for sound/harmony these days... :blehga:)

my god, me too, for Christmas last year I purchased the entire 402 song 40 disk Edith Piaf discography. Also enjoy Judy Garland / Liza Minelli, countless others. Would love to see a Gaga/Liza pairing or a Gaga/Sarah Brightman pairing before I croak.

:crazy: hi new friend :)

OHMYGOD. I changed my profile pic to Liza and then I read this and you mention Liza!

No, I'm 20 but I have the music taste of someone 70 years older haha.

Oh, I adore Edith Piaf! When gaga used her in one of the Monstervisions and when the FAME launch opended up with her on the couch and Milord starting playing..I thought I was going to have aneurysm.

Can you imagine a Liza/Gaga collab? :cry: Or her singing any Judy song (not even gonna explain my lifelong obbsession with her omg) Her voice would suit The Man That Got Away so perfectly. She has a strong theatrical voice that neeeds to be showcased more often.

Hi! :hug:

kiss kiss

ChicaSkas

OHMYGOD. I changed my profile pic to Liza and then I read this and you mention Liza!

No, I'm 20 but I have the music taste of someone 70 years older haha.

Oh, I adore Edith Piaf! When gaga used her in one of the Monstervisions and when the FAME launch opended up with her on the couch and Milord starting playing..I thought I was going to have aneurysm.

Can you imagine a Liza/Gaga collab? :cry: Or her singing any Judy song (not even gonna explain my lifelong obbsession with her omg) Her voice would suit The Man That Got Away so perfectly. She has a strong theatrical voice that neeeds to be showcased more often.

Hi! :hug:

Omg. if gaga sings Milord, in full voice, or anything by G. Moustaki or Charles Aznavour, I *will* die :dies:

I think it's a HUGE promotional mistake that she doesn't sing songs like Someone To Watch Over Me and Orange Colored Sky more often. I hate how the stigma of pop-slut permeates the opinions of non-fans or the older general public. by older I mean 50+. She could stand with so much more artistic credibility and respect and win over the older generation who writes her off as trash. I mean, my mom is 67 years old, and cannot stand Gaga, thinks she's a "crotch-spreader", and will not give her any credit for being talented. That's just an example of one 67 year old, but still, multiplied over entire regions and countries, it's quite sad. i like to call this the 'low-information voter' mentality. People take very little info and base their entire judgments on it. Thank god for more mainstream exposure like this diversion with Tony Bennett.

miamorevolefeyah

2014 release I imagine. She will work on it after ARTPOP is done and the tour is done. When she's in the US just promoting. Then she will probably work on it again after international promotion before she starts the next tour. I reckon a 2014 release date.

YES!!! this is what I have been thinking about or years!!

but this little word "SOON" ... we probably have to wait for a looooooong time... :D

hmm - sounds like somebody is already concerned about restoring her 'bad girl' image after ARTPOP. wow, so Gaga really does plan way ahead.

Archived