Stupid Love
Sign in to follow this  
politics

AOC Launches New PAC Challenging DCCC 'Blacklisting'

Featured Posts

Gagaloo92

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) has had a long held policy of “blacklisting” any vendors or firms that helps candidates who mount primary challenges against Democratic incumbents. As someone who successfully mounted a challenge against a Democratic incumbent, it’s safe to say Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) feels some type of a way about that.

The Washington Post reports that Ocasio-Cortez has formed the political action committee Courage to Change. According to its website the PAC was created to “elect working-class champions who have lived the hardships we seek to eliminate — people who have experienced racial, economic, environmental, or social injustice firsthand.” According to Ocasio-Cortez’s campaign, the PAC has already raised $107,000 since its launch this past weekend.

Notably, Ocasio-Cortez has not paid her dues to the DCCC this year. Earlier this month she tweeted, “DCCC made clear that they will blacklist any org that helps progressive candidates like me. I can choose not to fund that kind of exclusion.” Money sent to the DCCC goes into helping fund and organize Democratic congressional campaign runs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theroot.com/aoc-creates-new-pac-to-fight-against-democratic-blackli-1840981550/amp

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Morphine Prince

This woman needs to be president. Challenge the norms, Queen. We love to see it. 

• Like 6
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 8
  • Love 2

PoshLife

The DCCC had its best off-cycle fundraising year EVER in 2019. They won't really miss AOC's dues and in fact are extremely well-positioned to defend our 40 Frontliner seats and even expand our majority this year given the high number of Republican retirements.

I agree with the DCCC's policy of working with vendors who support Democratic incumbents. I have nothing against people who want to mount primary challenges - that's democracy for you. But the national entity that is responsible for helping Democrats get elected and stay elected should prioritize vendors who are committed to that mission, and election protection is an important part of that mission.

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Thanks 1

JusKeepBreathin

Is she still a thing? Yawn.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Sad 6

ItsTommyBitch
30 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

The DCCC had its best off-cycle fundraising year EVER in 2019. They won't really miss AOC's dues and in fact are extremely well-positioned to defend our 40 Frontliner seats and even expand our majority this year given the high number of Republican retirements.

I agree with the DCCC's policy of working with vendors who support Democratic incumbents. I have nothing against people who want to mount primary challenges - that's democracy for you. But the national entity that is responsible for helping Democrats get elected and stay elected should prioritize vendors who are committed to that mission, and election protection is an important part of that mission.

Supporting people only for their affiliation and not what they believe in as politicians is AOC (and progressive's) problem with this entity though.

Why should we support someone that's anti-choice, anti-gay, or racist just because they have a D by their name? And why would Nancy and the party endorse someone who has these anti-democratic views over someone who actually agrees with democrats just because that person happens to be a Progressive? :shrug: Why should primary elections be an anointing by a party official and not an honest endorsement by the people that live in that district, state, etc.? That's what informs this. AOC is able to honestly represent her districts interests because she has no financial ties to people who put her in office, and that's a future I can't imagine anyone would argue against at face value unless you honestly believe that being bought as a politician is ideal.

We should primary bad politicians and replace them with good ones, whether they are progressives like this PAC wants, or just better than what is currently there.The country loses when either party plays a game of holding onto power forever and never conceding it.

Edited by ItsTommyBitch
私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Gagaloo92
38 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

So basically, you're all for the status quo and keeping every Democratic incumbent (even the corrupt ones who take bribes from corporate donations) in power, effectively ruling out any regular American who isn't part of the elite or handpicked by the Democratic establishment from running for office.

Cause that's effectively what the blacklisting does. Deters average Americans from running since they won't get any backing from DCCC if they primary a Dem, and protects elite Democratic politicians including those who are corrupted by their donors. Even those who don't actually support the policies and ideas the party espouses (see Crowley who AOC defeated and countless other conservative Dems). 

Good to know! You hide behind this false argument about the DCCC but in reality they're just there to protect the swamp and keep the establishment in power. 

26 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

You mean one of the most popular politicians in the entire country? And one of the best fundraisers the House or Democrats have ever seen? 

You bet!

And she'll remain a thing for a long time coming since she gets actual people excited and fights for them. 

But I guess that's not something you or politicians you support would be concerned with. 

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Woolfsmck
28 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

yeah, 

I agree that some incumbents have outlived their post, but simply going against the norm because … 

I need more of a reason....plus her policy proposals are too French sociaistic...

Edited by Woolfsmck
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Woolfsmck
7 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

one of the most popular politicians in the entire country? And one of the best fundraisers the House or Democrats have ever seen?

heh...not really...

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Sad 1

Gagaloo92
33 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

heh...not really...

You're clearly pretty ignorant about her aren't you? Obviously don't know much except your own biases against her. 

As of now (according to https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/01/13/ocasio-cortez-campaign-cash-congress-098018

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez raised nearly $2 million over the final three months of last year, according to the star House freshman's campaign.

Ocasio-Cortez’s sizable cash haul — $1.97 million in the fourth quarter of 2019 and over $5.3 million for the entire year — is one of the largest revealed so far among members of Congress, and the size of her fundraising base will likely stoke speculation about the New Yorker's ambitions.

Her fundraising in the final quarter of the year is a dramatic increase compared to the total raised for her entire first election campaign in 2018, which came in at $2.1 million.

December was Ocasio-Cortez’s strongest month to date, with 120,000 contributions received and an average donation about $16.50.

----

Clearly, she's doing amazing and is raising record numbers compared to most of her colleagues. She's a strong performer in this and in individuals donors. 

I guess next time you should actually do your homework instead of coming with your own preconceived notions against her :ohwell:

By the way, there is a reason she goes against the norm. Because they don't work. The gap between the poor, middle class, and the rich is as big as it's almost ever been in American history. And she's in office because she took a stand and is there to fight against that.

And if she hadn't, she wouldn't be in office in the first place as the youngest woman ever elected to Congress. 

@En_Sabah_Nurjust so you also know I have the receipts to show it and that AOC ain't going no where with her huge fundraising and donor numbers :kiss:

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Thanks 5

Gagaloo92

Yikes. How embarrassing and void of any ethics or credibility must one be to believe ALL Democrats must be protected, regardless if they actually support the ideals and beliefs the Democratic party is SUPPOSED to, purely based on the sole reason they have a D next to their name? 

Unlike some in here would have you believe, that's not how it has to be. We don't have to have corrupt politicians who take money from corporate interests and sell you out to them. 

Unlike some would have you believe, we can fight back against them, and have honest people elected to office by voting them out even when they're a Democrat. By fighting back against a corrupt system. 

Unlike some would have you believe, having a D next to their name doesn't automatically make them honest, decent, or good politicians who will do what's right. 

That's ludicrous. And it's ****ing stupid. 

Anyone who believes that is foolish and ignorant of the reality of the American political system. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 4

En_Sabah_Nur
35 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

@En_Sabah_Nurjust so you also know I have the receipts to show it and that AOC ain't going no where with her huge fundraising and donor numbers :kiss:

ScornfulDeadlyHammerkop-size_restricted.

Egypt. W
  • LMAO 2
  • Sad 1

Woolfsmck
2 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

You're clearly pretty ignorant about her aren't you? Obviously don't know much except your own biases against her. 

As of now (according to https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/01/13/ocasio-cortez-campaign-cash-congress-098018

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez raised nearly $2 million over the final three months of last year, according to the star House freshman's campaign.

Ocasio-Cortez’s sizable cash haul — $1.97 million in the fourth quarter of 2019 and over $5.3 million for the entire year — is one of the largest revealed so far among members of Congress, and the size of her fundraising base will likely stoke speculation about the New Yorker's ambitions.

Her fundraising in the final quarter of the year is a dramatic increase compared to the total raised for her entire first election campaign in 2018, which came in at $2.1 million.

December was Ocasio-Cortez’s strongest month to date, with 120,000 contributions received and an average donation about $16.50.

----

Clearly, she's doing amazing and is raising record numbers compared to most of her colleagues. She's a strong performer in this and in individuals donors. 

I guess next time you should actually do your homework instead of coming with your own preconceived notions against her :ohwell:

By the way, there is a reason she goes against the norm. Because they don't work. The gap between the poor, middle class, and the rich is as big as it's almost ever been in American history. And she's in office because she took a stand and is there to fight against that.

And if she hadn't, she wouldn't be in office in the first place as the youngest woman ever elected to Congress. 

stan's for wack job politicians aren't particularly important, or intelligent.  

I could care less as to what your opinion of me is,  the topic is about AOC's political aspirations .. not me... so your opinion of her is fine , what you think of me is irrelevant 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

ltlmnstr

Just wanted to let everyone know that the person who lost to AOC is now part of a Trump Lobbying group to Build The Wall 

I've heard of RINOs but best believe there are DINOs y'all

• Shook 1

Ladey Gaygay

Certain users hate to see it:vegas:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkjsAiuqXm8zWiUMXrAUj

Now if Bernie can be president then everything will fall into plan:vegas:

𝖎 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖌𝖚𝖞𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖚𝖌𝖘
  • Like 1