🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

Sign in to follow this  
society

Canada Alert System "Incompetent" & "Unreliable" After Nuclear Alarm

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/opinion/matt-gurney-false-nuclear-warning-shows-canadians-are-on-their-own-in-case-of-disaster/amp

Analysts and investigators are weighing in on the false alarm about of nuclear plant meltdown and warning people that they would be on their own given a disaster

First they point that for years the attempted set up of the system has been failure after failure with some warnings for other stuff failing to go thru to everyone while other warnings like Amber alerts meant for specific Provinces or Regions end up being accidentally broadcasted Nation Wide

In addition the correction to the false alarm took a while to get thru the system to calm people down

Experts are saying in a real crisis evidence has shown the alert system is slow, Unreliable to get initial warning out and then slow to give updates and that in some cases standard news channels could probably update you faster. If the Government couldn't get its act together during this false alarm odds are it wouldn't do any better in a real situation

These glitches and hiccups have been a nuisance for years and still not fully worked out

Edited by Economy
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2

Eighteen

i personally believe we should move to clean energy with the LEAST amount of nuclear power plants as possible (ie none)

Edited by Eighteen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

gabeoz
3 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

i personally believe we should move to clean energy with the LEAST amount of nuclear power plants as possible (ie none)

But this clearly isn’t an issue with the nuclear system but all alert systems 

• Like 1

Judas Society

They better buck up. War comes as sudden as thunder and they need to be prepared for that.

Economy
17 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

This was about the alert system not the nuclear reactors themselves. This is the same system that sends out Amber alerts when kids are missing

And any reduction in nuclear is good but a 0 CO2 electric can be tough in some climates and geology without any nuclear

Teal Ambition

We were talking about this in class today and someone dead ass said "Well, it's better so send out a false alarm than a missile by accident" 

EOKu-GSXUAABCVh?format=jpg&name=900x900

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌
  • LMAO 1