Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Sources: Sanders believes a woman can’t win

Featured Posts

Florin
3 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

what "agreement?" it's a primary, not a birthday party... And when did Bernie allegedly "violate" this so called deal? 

They talk about it in the article. 

It may be true that this is a primary, but if they had a deal and Bernie violated it first, then he is the one who acted like those politicians progressives hate. :ohwell:

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Gov Hooka
3 minutes ago, Florin said:

They talk about it in the article. 

It may be true that this is a primary, but if they had a deal and Bernie violated it first, then he is the one who acted like those politicians progressives hate. :ohwell:

If you think Bernie's alleged comments are what constitute his violation of this so called agreement then your timing doesn't make any sense. These comments were supposedly made in December 2018 before either of them started their campaigns. This story just now came out and this isn't anything new. Sounds fabricated to me.  

• Like 2

Florin
8 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

They didnt though, and Warren's team is pretending to be upset over something that is incontrovertible.

In a document that is not an official document of the Sanders campaign on slack, 1 Sanders canvasser was suggesting that if a voter's primary concern in choosing between Warren/Sanders was "electability", you could point out that Sanders has a broader appeal demographically in a general election than Warren, whose support is overwhelmingly white, affluent, upper middle class. That is just a FACT. And it is a fact that Warren's own team is cognizant of, Politico just wrote a story a few weeks ago about how Warren's internal polling concluded that shifting her messaging on M4A to be about "choice!" (conceding to Buttigieg essentially) because the average Warren voter has good enough health insurance and isnt as easily persuaded by that argument. She's playing to her base, the same way any candidate does.

Now, the fact that they didn't know if this was even true at the time, and immediately started fundraising off of it like it was an "Attack" and brought up 2016 factionalism... That imo, is the real "attack" - They couldn't have waited 2 hours for an official response from the Sanders team? Even though Sanders in an interview said he never condoned any sort of attacks on Warren, who he considers a friend :emma: ?

Sanders, despite the hatred his fans receive, is not the kind of person who would okay any sort of playing dirty against his friends, and this is actually a point that many of his supporters have been critical of him for - he's too nice and doesnt want to draw distinctions too much because he doesn't want to appear volatile, even though its what everyone else is doing (wine cave pete comes to mind!)

They are trying to distract us from the fact that Bernie brought up Joe Biden's TERRIBLE voting record and he has not responded to any of it yet. They want it to be Bernie vs Warren instead of Bernie vs Joe or Bernie + Warren vs Joe, and Warren's team unfortunately is taking the bait.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/11/bernie-quietly-goes-negative-on-warren-097594

Same facts, a different perspective and quotes. Maybe Sanders can find some Warren campaign notes that does the same with him. Until then, he was the one  who attacked a friend and not the other way around. 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Florin
9 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

If you think Bernie's alleged comments are what constitute his violation of this so called agreement then your timing doesn't make any sense. These comments were supposedly made in December 2018 before either of them started their campaigns. This story just now came out and this isn't anything new. Sounds fabricated to me.  

There is an article at the start of the thread and then there is a video I just post it. You dont have to assume anything. You just have to read the article or watch the segment. Dont just defend a candidate without knowing the facts. :saladga:

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 1

ALGAYDO

The moderate Democrats and the mainstream media doing the most to illegitimately paint Bernie as “bad” lmao I learned to love how predictable and- excuse me for the lack of a better phrase- purposely ignorant they are :ally:

Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Thanks 1

ItsTommyBitch
2 minutes ago, Florin said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/11/bernie-quietly-goes-negative-on-warren-097594

Same facts, a different perspective and quotes. Maybe Sanders can find some Warren campaign notes that does the same with him. Until then, he was the one  who attacked a friend and not the other way around. 

... Yeah no, you repeating it doesnt make it true, nor does a Politico headline.

Are we Trump now? Just repeating lies makes them true? :emma: 

The script wasn't an official document of the campaign, just something a single canvasser brought up, so the article is actually already lying by asserting that the "Bernie Campaign" did anything.

But that's how politics works ~ The facts and knitty gritty details aren't what are important, its about creating a palatable narrative. I thought Democrats were the people that cared about the facts though, guess I'm wrong :rip: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ItsTommyBitch

Honestly, the saddest part about this is just that it means Warren would probably endorse Joe Biden, which to me tells me that she was never actually a progressive.

If she wants to WIN, then she has to know attacking Bernie only helps Biden, and not her, so what is the strategy with this? Her campaign is still freefalling, so shes lashing out at her ideological ally and supposed friend in order to score a few points?

I actually feel like Biden's just going to win now. He's going to be allowed to skate by unopposed because hes never going to get called on anything.

Just last week he said, unlike Hillary Clinton, he wouldn't have to worry about sexism in the general. Where's the expose on that, smfh.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Florin
1 minute ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

... Yeah no, you repeating it doesnt make it true, nor does a Politico headline.

Are we Trump now? Just repeating lies makes them true? :emma: 

The script wasn't an official document of the campaign, just something a single canvasser brought up, so the article is actually already lying by asserting that the "Bernie Campaign" did anything.

But that's how politics works ~ The facts and knitty gritty details aren't what are important, its about creating a palatable narrative. I thought Democrats were the people that cared about the facts though, guess I'm wrong :rip: 

Cool. Then Sanders just have to find a Warren canvasser who did the same with Sanders. It should be easy, no? :huntyga:

Until then, Sanders was the one who attacked a friend.

Btw, I am not blind. I can see that there are political motivations behind these news, but it is something that many other candidates had to deal with in the last months, so it's only fair that Bernie has to deal with them too. It is however funny that not Biden or Pete were the ones who started this, but it is a problem between progressives. 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

HorusRa2
1 minute ago, Florin said:

Cool. Then Sanders just have to find a Warren canvasser who did the same with Sanders. It should be easy, no? :huntyga:

Btw, I am not blind. I can see that there are political motivations behind these news, but it is something that many other candidates had to deal with in the last months, so it's only fair that Bernie has to deal with them too. It is however funny that not Biden or Pete were the ones who started this, but it is a problem between progressives. 

Warren violated the “friend” thing when she didn’t endorse in 2016. 

Im not going to waste much time bc Bernie denied it. The stories were planted by the Warren campaign. CNN didn’t vet their sources and saw an opportunity to smear Bernie and start drama between Bernie/Warren base before tomorrow’s debate and before Iowa caucus where if people don’t hit 15% in a precinct you realign or vote for someone who did. There will be precincts where Warren won’t hit 15% and CNN and the establishment don’t want those votes going to Bernie bc it could be the difference between Bernie winning and Biden or Pete winning. End of. 

• Thanks 2

Florin
1 minute ago, HorusRa2 said:

Warren violated the “friend” thing when she didn’t endorse in 2016. 

Im not going to waste much time bc Bernie denied it. The stories were planted by the Warren campaign. CNN didn’t vet their sources and saw an opportunity to smear Bernie and start drama between Bernie/Warren base before tomorrow’s debate and before Iowa caucus where if people don’t hit 15% in a precinct you realign or vote for someone who did. There will be precincts where Warren won’t hit 15% and CNN and the establishment don’t want those votes going to Bernie bc it could be the difference between Bernie winning and Biden or Pete winning. End of. 

What are you talking about? The agreement to not attack each other was from 2018? 

Not endorsing Hillary in 2016 until after he couldn't win anymore, it sounds to me like a correct move from a friend that also maybe just wanted to have a democratic president. 

ItsTommyBitch
13 minutes ago, Florin said:

"Look, I don't care about lying if it helps my worldview!"  :emma:

I hope you're proud of that one sis.

Also, yes, it would be easy actually :duck: every campaign has a strategy to coerce on the fence voters for their canvassers, and electability comes up when talking to people. There are absolutely Warren canvassers who are saying "I like Bernie, but... he's divisive and we need the entire Democratic tent of voters to win, and moderates just wont vote for him, but Warren? She's liked by the progressives and moderates and will get stuff done" the same way Julian Castro at a rally yesterday said "25% of the country hates Biden, and 25% of the country hates Bernie, so lets vote for Liz, because everyone likes her" 

The difference being that one canvasser posted this document on his own, Bernie Sanders is not distributing that document to his canvassers and campaign to share with people, so all of the "reporting" here is inaccurate, shitty journalism.

Edited by ItsTommyBitch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lion Heart

Uh-oh. 

E. Warren has officially soured on me. 

• Like 3