🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Sources: Sanders believes a woman can’t win

Gov Hooka

Key words: December 2018

yeah i'm calling bulls.hit on this one. They sat on these alleged comments for over a year and just came out with this now? right as bernie is leading in the Iowa polls and before the debate?

cardi b GIF by REVOLT TV

probably not real, and on the offchance it is, can bet that these staffers manipulated and twisted the words that came out of Bernie's mouth to make a headline. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Florin
5 minutes ago, Flopplause said:

Well with the current political climate... I don't think he's wrong...just look at the previous elections... eventually Trump won...eventho Hillary had more votes. I don't think Sanders is misogynist.

Probably not, but I imagine there will be a serious outrage if a woman would act and say some of the things he said. Other candidates had it worst and he can defend himself at the debate by saying what you said. 

That is if Warren doesnt have something more to continue this.

Morphine Prince
2 hours ago, Cocaine Heart said:

@Morphine Prince I thought you were biased in your reporting ? :green:

I thought so too. Guess the Far Left isn’t scared of posting about their candidate’s scandals. 

• LMAO 7

lego

:air:

racist ppl really be like “so just because I’m a racist that makes me racist ??? wow”
  • LMAO 14

President Biden
3 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Hey corporate media and neoliberals trying to squash Bernie. :fthis:

This sounds like the stuff Trumpsters say about The Donald.

:saladga:Bernie Bros here being just as bad as Republicans. 

I got drunk
  • LMAO 4
  • Sad 2

President Biden
59 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Key words: December 2018

yeah i'm calling bulls.hit on this one. They sat on these alleged comments for over a year and just came out with this now? right as bernie is leading in the Iowa polls and before the debate?

Doesn’t change the fact he said them. Like it or not, he made a mistake

I got drunk
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Guest vivre sa vie

giphy.gif

establishment is pressed! :lolly:

Edited by vivre sa vie

sarahb

Warren's communications director declined to comment, but Sanders had a vehement response:

It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn't win. It's sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren't in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/889147/bernie-sanders-fires-back-cnn-report-saying-told-elizabeth-warren-woman-cant-president-ludicrous

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Gov Hooka
2 minutes ago, Halsey said:

no it points to the fact that he likely never made these comments. These would have come out SO  much earlier if this is true. Warren still hasn't said anything which makes me think this isn't true tbh

• Thanks 5

lego
2 minutes ago, Halsey said:

The fact? lol were you there?

"It's sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren't in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016."

racist ppl really be like “so just because I’m a racist that makes me racist ??? wow”
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

ItsTommyBitch

Here we go with the smears!

Luckily theyve already vehemently denied this and no one who doesnt already have it out for Bernie would believe this :emma:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Thanks 5

Florin
4 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

no it points to the fact that he likely never made these comments. These would have come out SO  much earlier if this is true. Warren still hasn't said anything which makes me think this isn't true tbh

This hasn't come out because there was an agreement between them to not attack each other. But since Bernie campaign violated the deal, I guess Warren campaign put this out as a response. 

• LMAO 1

Gov Hooka
1 minute ago, Florin said:

This hasn't come out because there was an agreement between them to not attack each other. But since Bernie campaign violated the deal, I guess Warren campaign put this out as a response. 

what "agreement?" it's a primary, not a birthday party... And when did Bernie allegedly "violate" this so called deal? 

• Thanks 1

ItsTommyBitch
7 minutes ago, Florin said:

They didnt though, and Warren's team is pretending to be upset over something that is incontrovertible.

In a document that is not an official document of the Sanders campaign on slack, 1 Sanders canvasser was suggesting that if a voter's primary concern in choosing between Warren/Sanders was "electability", you could point out that Sanders has a broader appeal demographically in a general election than Warren, whose support is overwhelmingly white, affluent, upper middle class. That is just a FACT. And it is a fact that Warren's own team is cognizant of, Politico just wrote a story a few weeks ago about how Warren's internal polling concluded that shifting her messaging on M4A to be about "choice!" (conceding to Buttigieg essentially) because the average Warren voter has good enough health insurance and isnt as easily persuaded by that argument. She's playing to her base, the same way any candidate does.

Now, the fact that they didn't know if this was even true at the time, and immediately started fundraising off of it like it was an "Attack" and brought up 2016 factionalism... That imo, is the real "attack" - They couldn't have waited 2 hours for an official response from the Sanders team? Even though Sanders in an interview said he never condoned any sort of attacks on Warren, who he considers a friend :emma: ?

Sanders, despite the hatred his fans receive, is not the kind of person who would okay any sort of playing dirty against his friends, and this is actually a point that many of his supporters have been critical of him for - he's too nice and doesnt want to draw distinctions too much because he doesn't want to appear volatile, even though its what everyone else is doing (wine cave pete comes to mind!)

They are trying to distract us from the fact that Bernie brought up Joe Biden's TERRIBLE voting record and he has not responded to any of it yet. They want it to be Bernie vs Warren instead of Bernie vs Joe or Bernie + Warren vs Joe, and Warren's team unfortunately is taking the bait.

Edited by ItsTommyBitch
私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Thanks 3