💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Lizzie McGuire Creator Exits Disney+ Revival, Production Shuts Down

YCHofficial

Featured Posts

YCHofficial

lizzie-mcguire-revival.jpg

TV’s much-anticipated Lizzie McGuire revival has hit a snag: Original series creator Terri Minsky has stepped down as showrunner on the Disney+ project, prompting a pause in production.

“Fans have a sentimental attachment to Lizzie McGuire and high expectations for a new series,” a Disney spokesperson tells TVLine. “After filming two episodes, we concluded that we need to move in a different creative direction and are putting a new lens on the series.”

Minsky was also attached to the revival as an executive producer, but it’s currently unclear if she will continue in that role. The search for a new showrunner is now underway.

As previously reported, the Lizzie McGuire revival will bring back Hilary Duff in the title role, this time as a 30-year-old Lizzie who is living in New York City. In August, Duff revealed that Lizzie’s life “is framed pretty perfectly” when the show picks up: “She has her dream job [as] an apprentice for an interior designer,” as well as a “cute little apartment in Brooklyn” and “a gorgeous fiancé who is a chef at this cool SoHo restaurant.”

Adam Lamberg (as Lizzie’s best friend, Gordo), Hallie Todd (as her mom, Jo), Robert Carradine (as her dad, Sam) and Jake Thomas (as her younger brother, Matt) all will be back for the continuation, as well. Animated Lizzie will make a comeback, too, once again serving as Lizzie’s 13-year-old inner voice.

A recent Disney+ promo offered a brief glimpse at new Lizzie McGuire footage, though it remains to be seen if any episodes will be reshot once a new showrunner boards the project. 

https://tvline.com/2020/01/09/lizzie-mcguire-revival-showrunner-leaves-disney-plus/

Pop Music

What!? 

so sad bc I was so excited to watch this ASAP with production but now they are holding back

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

I guess it's hard to take an old show and make it modern without losing its essence, very few shows could do it

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I mean they haven’t completely cancelled it. But I can totally get the pressure they’re under to reboot a show like this. I hope they can still capture the essence of the show. Especially in this time and age where people can be so sensitive about everything and back then shows were more mature and touched on real issues and real problems faced by teens/young adults etc. 

David Ward

After I read some articles a few years ago that Hilary Duff would tip off reporters and paparazzi where she would be all the time, I wasn't a fan of her any more. It's kinda sad.

I love Lizzie McGuire but we don't need to reboot everything. I honestly feel like she's rebooting it to advance her career further rather than have it be a natural reunion type reboot.

zakariah

why do they like taking old hit shows and, in my opinion, ruin their legacy and image just to profit off of nostalgia :saladga:

Gov Hooka
52 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

why do they like taking old hit shows and, in my opinion, ruin their legacy and image just to profit off of nostalgia :saladga:

Disney's MO on anything

Archived