Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Fantastic Beasts: A Natural History

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51021327

_110420112_nhm-jeffspicer-getty_2.jpg

It's one of the more remarkable specimens taken into London's Natural History Museum. It's certainly one of the most "fantastic".

The horn comes from an Erumpent, a fictional beast created in the mind of author JK Rowling.

It's going to feature in a major new exhibition at the South Kensington institution this spring, in which the extraordinary creatures of the Harry Potter universe are used to shine a light on some of the "magical" animals that exist in the real world.

The NHM is describing the show as its most ambitious to date.

It's a joint venture with Warner Bros, who own the film versions of Rowling's Potter books and their Fantastic Beasts spin-offs, together with the BBC, whose Natural History Unit in Bristol, will be filming a companion programme.

"We want to show people that the natural world is just as amazing as the mythical, wizarding world," said Clare Matterson, executive director of engagement at the NHM.

The exhibition will put 50 specimens from the museum's world famous collections next to props from the Potter movies. Interactive displays will compare and contrast different animals.

"You'll recall the Erumpent's mating dance from Fantastic Beasts. We'll be making comparisons with the peacock spider, which has its own extraordinary movements that it uses to attract a mate," explained the NHM executive.

Harry-Potter-Fantastic-Beasts-magical-cr

Spock

How about focusing instead on making the movies actually good and not insulting for lifelong fans? :ohwell:

who will love me when the night is over

Cody James

I can’t pinpoint why I didn't like these movies as much as the HP movies. I think it is the unlikeable character. The only character I care for is Queenie and the niffler lol. 

Sepsami
6 minutes ago, Cody James said:

I can’t pinpoint why I didn't like these movies as much as the HP movies. I think it is the unlikeable character. The only character I care for is Queenie and the niffler lol. 

Newt is also a pretty boring character that doesn't really have a reason to be involved in the story.

Slight spoiler below

Spoiler

The only thing that excites me is to see what the people that chose to follow Gellert are gonna be doing in the next movie (Credence & Queenie basicly lol) 

Gagaloo911

That's pretty cool. 

Now make the next installment better and actually interesting beyond the visuals! 

The first Fantastic Beasts was soo good. It had charm, visuals, and a compelling storyline. 

The second one just fell flat, was boring, and just looked like they made it to show off all the incredible visual effects it had. 

Sneaky Oliver
39 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Newt is also a pretty boring character that doesn't really have a reason to be involved in the story.

Slight spoiler below

Hide contents

The only thing that excites me is to see what the people that chose to follow Gellert are gonna be doing in the next movie (Credence & Queenie basicly lol) 

Harry Potter was just as boring tbh :messga: but the story and other characters make him more interesting 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Creyk
1 hour ago, Cody James said:

You are correct. The movie fails in getting you to care about it's characters.

ChromaticaPunk

fantastic beasts just dimoesn't feel magical enough. the characters aren't relatable either. i like credence though.

Archived