Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Chart Discussion

Rifek

Featured Posts

Swallow
3 hours ago, corvus albus said:

I also doubt it is 14x Platinum eligible. It didn't sell 5 mil copies in 2,5 years.

Umm Billboard confirmed it has 1.1 billion streams in the US and we already know it sold 5.5M pure copies so it is for sure eligible for 14x Platinum. 

To compare, Cardi's Bodak Yellow is 9x Platinum with 1M pure copies and 1.2 billion streams in the US.

Es solo una paja entre colegas

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
corvus albus
1 minute ago, Swallow said:

Umm Billboard confirmed it has 1.1 billion streams in the US and we already know it sold 5.5M pure copies so it is for sure eligible for 14x Platinum. 

To compare, Cardi's Bodak Yellow is 9x Platinum with 1M pure copies and 1.2 billion streams in the US.

So they either undercertified it mid 2017, Billboard is lying or SIO really sold 5 mil more copies in 2,5 years. All seem unlikely but I guess everything is also likely :shrug:

DeanWinchester

Bad Romance overtakes MR in Gaga's stop streamed Spotify songs :popcorn:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, ArtGagaPop said:

* The first song interscope promoted on streaming

MR is actually Gagas first streaming antidote, Going towards 500M streams this year/early next with 0 playlist support meanwhile The cure struggles to hit 300M despite months in TTH and top 50 global :vegas: 

1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Because MR had the added bonus of fitting, sonically, perfect into ASIB while The Cure was abandoned after one month :huntyga:

Corvus is right. MR benefitted from being a country ballad playing right after ASIB songs. Let's not pretend it has this huge streams before ASIB. It was merely decent. Cut the **** and give credit to the Cure where it's due. Besides, another 300m before it is completely forgotten is good for Gaga's stats

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

corvus albus
1 minute ago, DeanWinchester said:

Besides, another 300m before it is completely forgotten is good for Gaga's stats

It will probably need the entirety if 2020 for 300 mil but that's good enough. I remember a lot of people here advocating to add The Cure to Joanne for streams so it couldn't be that bad :huntyga:

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

It will probably need the entirety if 2020 for 300 mil but that's good enough. I remember a lot of people here advocating to add The Cure to Joanne for streams so it couldn't be that bad :huntyga:

I'm not in a hurry but it should cross 300 by the end of this year, yes. That's why I wanted it back in the top 10 so it can get as many streams as possible before getting kicked out.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Swallow
19 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

So they either undercertified it mid 2017, Billboard is lying or SIO really sold 5 mil more copies in 2,5 years. All seem unlikely but I guess everything is also likely :shrug:

RIAA has some weird rules when it comes to certifications. I noticed Cardi's label certifies Bodak Yellow every 6-7 months, it's already eligible for 11x Platinum, guess they are about to certify it Diamond first.

Es solo una paja entre colegas

nodandsmile
11 hours ago, hausofdave said:

doubt it, this wasn’t like with the ‘16 GG’s with AHS where her win was filled with mixed reactions, she was expected to double up for ASIB by almost every single critic and publications, she likely only lost b/c either the HFPA thought it would start her “overdue status” campaign or those bombardment’s of emails by the Close stans to the HFPA members helped influenced their vote

The backlash would have occured because this is Gaga we are talking about... people always overreact when it comes her because it guarantees attention (especially on social media).

Close won because she gave an incredible performance! Thing is she was being underestimated because HFPA has the reputation of being starf*ckers (I mean Madonna beating Oscar winner Frances McDormand just to be left out at the Oscars afterwards!). That's the reason why goldderby was predicting JLo to beat Dern! + They had the possibility to reward Gaga somewhere else!

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Shake it Off wasn't on Spotify prior to 2018, now it has almost 400 million streams and it did about 800 views on YouTube since its certification. I think it does a lot of units in recurrent streams.

Fame Romance

My Oh My sounds like a smash and I think it will reach the top 3 in the Hot 100.

I have mixed feelings about this since I used to like Camila and see her as the cute talented Latina girl  but with her racism jumping out I don’t think she deserves this success. 

Doncho
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Because MR had the added bonus of fitting, sonically, perfect into ASIB while The Cure was abandoned after one month :huntyga:

The Cure also fits sonically with ASIB pop songs, but the public just said NO to them :messga:

corvus albus
14 minutes ago, Doncho said:

The Cure also fits sonically with ASIB pop songs, but the public just said NO to them :messga:

These pop songs were deemed superficial and stupid by the movie so keep that in mind :selena:

corvus albus

Torn - Ava Max

Spotify 48.048.009 (+381.465)

YT 41.046.100  views

#55 (-3) WW Itunes

#24 (+3) European Itunes

#166 (-5) European AM

Spoiler

iTunes:

#30 Switzerland

#33 France

#46 Italy