Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

I'm about tired of ARTPOP and Joanne getting ignored though :giveup:

They spoke about BTW, Cheek to Cheek, and ASIB so wth :giveup:

Just now, Loeppke said:

I love Solange but her cultural impact is close to none, I’m surprised to find her on the list. No shade intended but she’s still struggling to go beyond being known as Beyoncé’s sister. 

Isn't she the chick that beat up Jay Z in an elevator or something? :spin:

💚

Great list!!!!

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Modern Ecstasy2

All I see is the truth :applause:

What a time to be alive 

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

20 hours ago, Brie Candy said:

ENOlqgGWwAMRk1w?format=jpg&name=large

LADY GAGA

For: Her wide range of musical ability and her experimental edge.

Lady Gaga has always been unapologetically herself.

After last decade's success of "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance," Gaga wasn't content to be a flash in the pan. She cemented her star with "Edge of Glory" and "Born This Way," a song championing LGBTQ rights. Her acrobatic voice was a welcome surprise among radio-friendly pop and she used it well, from effortlessly scatting with Tony Bennett on their jazz record, "Cheek to Cheek" to unleashing a primal wail in "Shallow," the anthem that scored her an Oscar.

She's a colossus of pop for a few reasons, among them the iconic fashion moments (the meat dress happened this decade, as did her arrival to the Grammys in a giant egg), her unabashed support for the causes she loves and, above all, a strain of pop that is at once subversive, referential and entirely her own. Brava, Mother Monster.

Why she matters

Gaga isn't afraid to be weird, and she encourages the same acceptance and inclusivity among her fans.

And her music has always straddled the decades and genres, citing everyone from Beyoncé to Iron Maiden as influences. Her lyrics touch upon subjects other artists wouldn't dare, and her performances always bring the heat, incorporating experimental elements that go beyond the comfort zones of other artists.

Gaga can do everything, from emotional ballads to dance pop tracks. She doesn't let barriers like genre or others' expectations hold her back. Whether it's music or fashion, everything Gaga does is groundbreaking.

Beyoncé, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, Solange and Kanye West are on the list too. 

SOURCE: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/31/entertainment/2010s-music-artists-define-decade-trnd/index.html

They really had to include Beyonce as her influence... 😑 And not Bowie, or Madonna, or even Britney... 

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, Rio said:

They really had to include Beyonce as her influence... 😑 And not Bowie, or Madonna, or even Britney... 

Clearly there were  bigger influences of hers to mention but I think they wanted to show how diverse her references are therefore took Beyoncé and Iron Maiden. :) 

54 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Clearly there were  bigger influences of hers to mention but I think they wanted to show how diverse her references are therefore took Beyoncé and Iron Maiden. :) 

Then they should have stuck with Madonna or Britney lmao

Archived