💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

ASIB Ally Poster (traditional/digital art collab with a friend)

K-Mail

Featured Posts

Hello again :) 

So, some of you may know me from my Gaga-related art I've been posting here from time to time. I thought it’d be suitable to end the year with one of the most interesting pieces I’ve worked on in 2019. Here’s my first ever collaborative artwork I’ve created with my dear friend, Casualchoice (check him out on IG, great stuff!). We wanted to combine our techniques of digital/traditional art and got inspired by the character of Ally from A Star Is Born. We aimed to use our creative differences to reflect the change her character undergoes throughout the movie. So, here’s the two-technique character poster with a raw pencil portrait of the unknown bar singer Ally (by me) and the polished, colorful digital portrait of the world-famous superstar (by my friend). 

Please take a look at the finished piece and tell us your thoughts :oops:

Catnikko
2 hours ago, NFRockwell said:

They do look like Ally... especially the right one. :messga: I hope Gaga sees 

they kinda look like Gaga :pole:

Actual patient

5 hours ago, Trillion Reasons said:

For me they don't look like Ally but omg they're so beautiful! :giveup: Amazing job! 

Thanks for the feedback! I've been trying to make her resemble Ally as much as I could and I'm kind happy with the results but maybe I'm not seeing something that you are. Thanks nonetheless!  :oops::heart:

4 hours ago, NFRockwell said:

They do look like Ally... especially the right one. :messga: I hope Gaga sees 

2 hours ago, Sarah H said:

They're very good. I really like the black and white one! 

2 hours ago, Ivy said:

Beautiful! The pencil drawing looks especially like Ally

Thanks so much guys! The pencil sketch is mine so I'm especially glad you liked it so much :kiss:

2 hours ago, Unbeweavable said:

they kinda look like Gaga :pole:

Oh yeah, I've been drawing her like a lot  :ladyhaha:

PoetsTryinWrite

This is absolutely amazing. Your styles are wonderful together and I can tell you worked really hard on it. You perfectly captured Ally's self-doubt in your pencil drawing. She looks like every singer-songwriter who has yet to be discovered. The passion, hope and ambition is highlighted wonderfully in her face. As for Casualchoice's artwork, it's amazing to see the dreaming pop star working it like "fck yeah I knew I could do it" 

Well done, never give up! :heart:

Defend Your Humanity.

2 hours ago, PoetsTryinWrite said:

This is absolutely amazing. Your styles are wonderful together and I can tell you worked really hard on it. You perfectly captured Ally's self-doubt in your pencil drawing. She looks like every singer-songwriter who has yet to be discovered. The passion, hope and ambition is highlighted wonderfully in her face. As for Casualchoice's artwork, it's amazing to see the dreaming pop star working it like "fck yeah I knew I could do it" 

Well done, never give up! :heart:

This is such an amazing interpretation, thank you so much for this! :kara: This is exactly what I was going for when planning it in my head and choosing the photos. I'm so glad to hear you liked it!

11 minutes ago, SissyFromSpace said:

beautiful 

Thanks! :heart:

11 hours ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

@K-Mail I have to say this is one of the best fan art I have seen in a very long time. It is so beautifully drawn! I browsed the rest of your work, and I have to say that the Joker is my favorite one. :giveup:

Thank you SO much! :kara:

Yeah, I also love the Joker one. I loved how twisted and unsettling the movie was and I found the use of that particular song in the soundtrack so dark I just had to put it into my artwork. Very glad you liked it!

Archived