Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Vulture: Beyoncé Most Influential Cultural Figure of the Decade

Bambino

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

Beyonka peaked in popularity in 2010 with Telephone. Sure, Self-Titled and Lemonade were pop culcha moments (the press was praising the butt plug out of them), but they were hardly as popular as Gagz, Adeles, Lordes, Ed Sheerans, Taylor’s, Katy’s, Rihannas, Biebers, or even Billie’s peaks. I think it’s safer to say that Bey owned the 2000s, but not the 2010s.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Runway said:

She influenced Katy to steal DH’s writing credits so it must count for something 

Katy actually writes her music though  :triggered:  and has even written for others like Miss Spears

End Racism Now

RAMROD

YAAAAAASS! 👏👏👏

Why Be Pressed, When You Can Be YONCÉ???!!  :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Looking back I'm so glad Moonlight won Best Picture, even though i wanted La La Land to win.

They're both beautiful movies but there was something so heartbreaking and bittersweet about ML and it's a feeling that I will remember forever.

underneath the pine

crisTEAne
1 minute ago, Doot said:

You aren't wrong. 

Edit: didn't see it's vs moonlight. Both are wonderful. 

yeah, but moonlight was a tiny bit didactic for me, while la la land had this technicolor charm about it. 

2de394f03578f9ae63f46020de4aea02.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

LilyLark
16 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Beyonka peaked in popularity in 2010 with Telephone. Sure, Self-Titled and Lemonade were pop culcha moments (the press was praising the butt plug out of them), but they were hardly as popular as Gagz, Adeles, Lordes, Ed Sheerans, Katy’s, Rihannas, Biebers, or even Billie’s peaks. I think it’s safer to say that Bey owned the 2000s, but not the 2010s.

Seriously, will people stop with this Beyonka thing? It's f*cked up. Come up with a snarky nickname if you want, but not one with those implications.

Just now, LilyLark said:

Seriously, will people stop with this Beyonka thing? It's f*cked up. Come up with a snarky nickname if you want, but not one with those implications.

What does Beyonka mean? I’ve always wondered 

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

You aren't wrong. 

Edit: didn't see it's vs moonlight. Both are wonderful. 

I loved La La Land, but I think Moonlight is (slightly) better. Moonlight was so unique and beautifully told, while La La Land was fantastic but definitely echoed some of Woody Allen's earlier work.

RAMROD
Just now, Adarsh said:

Is like Kartel Potty, or Merrier Care, you know? 

RAMROD
19 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Beyonka peaked in popularity in 2010 with Telephone. Sure, Self-Titled and Lemonade were pop culcha moments (the press was praising the butt plug out of them), but they were hardly as popular as Gagz, Adeles, Lordes, Ed Sheerans, Katy’s, Rihannas, Biebers, or even Billie’s peaks. I think it’s safer to say that Bey owned the 2000s, but not the 2010s.

But is not about popularity but impact :diane:

Who broke the internet when:

- surprise drop an album

- have HBO special

- performed at Coachella

in this decade?

answer to all of that: YONCÉ

:shrug:

LilyLark
13 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

It's a low key racist attempt to give Beyonce a more "Black" name that can also be seen as "ghetto" (I dislike using ghetto in this context, but that's the intention). It's like racist white folks making fun of names like Laquisha. People used to do this to Michelle Obama back in the day and other famous Black people—they'd add a "D" in front of the name, a "La", or mess with the spelling and add random "ydn" or "ks."

Edited: TBF, some people who use it might not pick up on the underlying racism—especially if they aren't from the states and don't get the societal context. And Black people do it jokingly on occasion—Key and Peele even have a sketch about "Black" names and pronounciations. But it's not something non Black folks should joke about it or use.

Archived