Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Vulture: Beyoncé Most Influential Cultural Figure of the Decade

Bambino

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Oh honey, your false accusations are really something. Many of us “haters” actually loved and grew up on Beyonce. We just are awakened to how the media, since 2013 or so, has been completely up her backside - while at the same time revealing a paradox of that while acclaim has gotten through the exosphere, her actual influence and popularity has been very minimal. Her biggest hit this decade was Telephone - which came out in March 2010. We aren’t saying anything negative about her, but the predictably media that uberhypes her is truly laughable.

a) I didn't mention or quote you at all but if the shoe fits, wear it I guess.

b) I'm not talking about saying negative things about her. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I'm talking about resorting to racism when doing so but if you can't separate criticizing Beyoncé from being racist towards her then, again, that says more about you than anything.

Reading comprehension is everything.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1,000,000% agree on Moonlight. To me, it is between that and Parasite as best movie. I maintain that La La Land would be a better short silent film just with the songs like the last dream montage. Gets the same idea across in a more concise manner. Barry Jenkins, though, made a phenomenally compact movie that kind of moves like a bullet. No wasted scenes, moments or lines. It really just works so incredibly well. Parasite is the same. Two hauntingly beautiful movies with incredible care given to them (not saying La La Land does not have that btw).

To me, idk if I’d say Lemonade is the “best album” (idk what would be as I haven’t fully considered it), but I absolutely think it was the most impactful in the US. I think it kind of runs in line with Moonlight’s triumph. They both tapped into the deep zeitgeist conversations that were bubbling up at the time and furthered them with considerable dexterity.

Guillaume Hamon
6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It is. In the age where social media standing is important, only those that can get their names  trending for more than 2 hours will be known.

Back in 2010 it was easy to stay for days on TT, but not anymore. People really have to talk about it to get something or someone go trend. And keep talking about it to keep them stay.

Like, honestly, in the advent of social media, there are a lot of pressures, even to regular people, to get lots of followers. It became very important for someone to have that, to be popular, to be considered cool. There are reasons why fake followers business are not dead yet, there are demands for it. And yes, it is superficial, but that is how it is these days. It is as important as owning latest iPhone just so people wanted to friend you. 

To me impact means launching trends rather than having a lot of buzz. :shrug:

Your documentary/ performance/ album etc being talked about means you're known and eventually that you make nice things but not always that you have actual "impact".

Many people are massively followed just by doing what was done before them and not impacting by bringing changes in their industry. I'm not saying B is generic cause I don't think she is but I don't know if she did bring massive changes to her industry in the 2010s.

Lord Temptation
3 minutes ago, nenhures said:

a) I didn't mention or quote you at all but if the shoe fits, wear it I guess.

b) I'm not talking about saying negative things about her. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I'm talking about resorting to racism when doing so but if you can't separate criticizing Beyoncé from being racist towards her then, again, that says more about you than anything.

Reading comprehension is everything.

Accusing people of racism when there is zero evidence is truly demeaning to victims of real racism. At this point anyone who does not glorify Beyonce must be racist, right?

Guillaume Hamon
5 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

but the predictable media cult that surrounds her hyping her every move is truly laughable.

That's why she was called overrated for years by people recognizing she was very talented.

Nearly everybody was honest enough to acknowledge her gift yet plenty said medias were trying too hard to make us stan her and I kinda agree. The only big mainstream performer I see worthy of getting all the praise she got was MJ.

PACGAGA

Lemme just remind y’all that this isn’t the only publication that hasn’t named her artist of the decade as well, even some that aren’t fan voted. :huntyga:

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

That's why she was called overrated for years by people recognizing she was very talented.

Nearly everybody was honest enough to acknowledge her gift yet plenty said medias were trying too hard to make us stan her and I kinda agree. The only big mainstream performer I see worthy of getting all the praise she got was MJ.

Agreed. Although the media started destroying him in 1993 and literally haven’t stopped, even years after he is dead. Everyone knows Beyonce is talented but the only people saying she is influential is the media. It’s their fault for hyping her to the point of driving away fans who can’t stand all the phoniness. They build them up just to see them fall.

7 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Accusing people of racism when there is zero evidence is truly demeaning to victims of real racism. At this point anyone who does not glorify Beyonce must be racist, right?

You actively chose to ignore the point I was trying to make and felt attacked by a statement that wasn't even directed at  you. Stop trying to twist my words and pretend I said something that I didn't just to act like I'm out to get everyone. Get over yourself and learn how to read things as they're written out, not as you want to interpret them. This isn't a poem, it's a paragraph with simplistic language and you should be able to comprehend it just fine.

I didn't claim at any point that "anyone who does not glorify Beyoncé must be racist", I simply said that SOME OF THE PEOPLE HERE (and of course, not only here) can't criticize her WITHOUT resorting to racism. No one needs to use racist language to express their problems with her or the accolades she's received. The evidence is written out, I don't have to make it up. It's really that simple.

You're perfectly entitled to thinking that she doesn't deserve the title Vulture gave her. You're perfectly entitled to think that she's overrated. That's not what I'm objecting and you know that. Quit the childish act.

Lord Temptation
6 minutes ago, nenhures said:

You actively chose to ignore the point I was trying to make and felt attacked by a statement that wasn't even directed at  you. Stop trying to twist my words and pretend I said something that I didn't just to act like I'm out to get everyone. Get over yourself and learn how to read things as they're written out, not as you want to interpret them. This isn't a poem, it's a paragraph with simplistic language and you should be able to comprehend it just fine.

I didn't claim at any point that "anyone who does not glorify Beyoncé must be racist", I simply said that SOME OF THE PEOPLE HERE (and of course, not only here) can't criticize her WITHOUT resorting to racism. No one needs to use racist language to express their problems with her or the accolades she's received. The evidence is written out, I don't have to make it up. It's really that simple.

You're perfectly entitled to thinking that she doesn't deserve the title Vulture gave her. You're perfectly entitled to think that she's overrated. That's not what I'm objecting and you know that. Quit the childish act.

I haven’t read a single racist comment from anyone on this thread, have you?

Just now, Lord Temptation said:

I haven’t read a single racist comment from anyone on this thread, have you?

I wouldn't be talking about it if I hadn't, would I?

HoneyB

She keeps winning:heart: they hate to see it but she’ll keep on winning as she should:heart:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Guillaume Hamon
13 minutes ago, Talenti said:

they hate to see it but she’ll keep on winning

You'll talk about folks in this thread lol? :) 

Disagreeing is not "hating".

HoneyB
Just now, Guillaume Hamon said:

You'll talk about folks in this thread lol? :) 

Disagreeing is not "hating".

I’m not talking about anyone though?:confused: this is just a general statement. I don’t really care if they disagree I respect their opinion.

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Guillaume Hamon
1 minute ago, Talenti said:

I’m not talking about anyone though?:confused: this is just a general statement. I don’t really care if they disagree I respect their opinion.

Oh okay I was curious about the "they".  Thanks for the answer Talenti! ;) 

Archived