interview

Akon: 'Gaga and I will 100 per cent hit the studio again in the future'

monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2019 at 11:37 AM, LilyLark said:

See, I never really bought that claim. Gags is obviously very physical, but she was with Taylor and had multiple people she was very close with her on tour...and some off tour. I just don't buy she'd ask her assistant, who hadn't worked for her that long, to share a bed to sleep in when she had her boyfriend and close friends if she was feeling lonely.

But yeah, I agree that girl tried to wreck Gaga's career. She had one valid point about the overtime, but the rest seemed like real BS and she seemed like a piece of work (still can't get over that an assistant complained about...having to get lunch/prepare lunch for their boss). Ironically, I think the judge barely awarded her anything...she probably lost money hiring lawyers to sue Gaga and all that.

On 12/27/2019 at 1:16 PM, LGs LM said:

Oh I kind of heard about this a few years ago. Isn't this the assistant who claimed Gaga ordered her to sleep (literally)/cuddle with her? And comparing grocery shopping to slavery? Gurl, :bye:. All the crap that Gaga had to go through during the ARTPOP era is insane.

I've always heard/sensed that Gaga hated/hates being alone.Even in 5ft2 you can sense that a bit, when Ashley tries to leave the studio (during the MR segment). In those earlys days, various close people would just reveal that--that tour manager couple, this assistant O'Neill, Wendy Starland def had a story , maybe even mentioned in that Rivington book?--to these paying media outlets using it to pad an article about how weird she is offstage. It always struck me as so insensitive  and exploitative to divulge such an intimate thing. She was clearly very vulnerable. It's an understandable anxiety considering her trauma/PTSD. It sounds like somiphobia.

The thing about the assistant tho...

All of this happened btw 2009-11 , but the trial took place in 2013ish.

Ask me anything about this case cuz I got the court records happy toddlers and tiaras GIF

Facts:

O'Neill was Gaga's old roommate

O'Neill took full advantage of Gaga's name and kindness

Gaga telling people off in court depositions is my fave sport now!!

tenor.gif?itemid=9479342

If someone here is good with legal jargon I may be able to find more docs

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

On 12/27/2019 at 11:22 AM, LilyLark said:

The assistant thing made no one look good. The basics, as far as I remember, are the following: Apparently, you have to pay overtime even if someone doesn't work more than a standard 9 hours in certain cases—something to do with schedules, contacts, and not working 9 to 5. No one on Gaga's team apparently knew this, and so her ex assistant sued Gaga for overtime because they didn't want to pay up (they should have just paid up, imo, and her team f*cked up on that imo and looked greedy and incompetent for not knowing the law). That said, the assistant was some wealthy white girl who apparently barely worked for Gaga  and complained about having to buy and make Gaga food when she was working (which is pretty standard assistant sh*t) along with some other mundane things (can't remember them all...this was ages ago during the ARTPOP era).  I just remember the assistant, a wealthy white chick, compared grocery shopping to being a "slave" which is...gross.  Plus, Gaga said she stole from her and would call up designers asking for discounts using Gaga's name. All this was in the NY Post or NY Daily News, back in the day, but slanted pretty heavily against Gaga.

So...the assistant thing was a hot mess. I'm sure there's more, but that's the meat of it as far as I remember.

It's basically everything you said-- and so much more tho! -- but not this part. 

The assistant ,Jennifer O'Neill, was trying to get money on the basis of overtime for those three days just before Xmas in 2010 when Monster Ball kept getting snowed out in Paris. Even though, she earned a genourous $75K flat salary, got all the perks, went around the world, took full advantage of Gaga's name and generosity, was so bad at her job two other ppl were hired( Sonja being one), even tho she been a PA and PA'd for Gaga before, without OT, and got an Xmas bonus just like everyone else who had to stay...she decided she was owed nearly $400,000 in damages for that and whatever else could be dredged up in this messy-ass lawsuit. She went to a lawyer who prob saw a celeb attached and decided to work this weak OT angle.

She's a selfish, lazy, entitled 40yo women who acted like the star not the assistant.  She was actually the subletter of 176 Stanton, Gaga's neighbor there and eventual roommate. She was unemployed...again (her then resume cites  barely staying 2yrs at one place in the previous 10 yrs)...trying to peddle Gaga mic cases when Gaga offered her the job. Even tho underqualified.

Gaga did her friend a favor cuz  she's a loyal bitch....JO turned out to be anything f#cking  but.

I AM STILL DYING to talk to someone about this case!!!!

This bish tried it, saying she was "abused": She slept in til noon, she called YSL in Gaga name to get free clothes, she delegated her work to hotel staff,she bought her own Xmas presents on Gagas dime at Tiffany's, disrespecting Haus members AND MomGerm and Papa G with that f'n plane situation, etc etc

spongebob squarepants tea GIF.

HOOD RAT! Gaga called her a hood. rat.

bad ass beyonce GIF

Like I said, If Gaga Depositions were a sport, I'd have season f#cking tickets! This... Kesha vs Dr. Luke... Gaga like:

s reactions no GIF

And it looked like Gaga cussed out one of the lawyers a bit  :ohwell: but those pages are missing !! Someone help, I need that T :giveup:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

LilyLark
11 hours ago, KNJ said:

It's basically everything you said-- and so much more tho! -- but not this part. 

The assistant ,Jennifer O'Neill, was trying to get money on the basis of overtime for those three days just before Xmas in 2010 when Monster Ball kept getting snowed out in Paris. Even though, she earned a genourous $75K flat salary, got all the perks, went around the world, took full advantage of Gaga's name and generosity, was so bad at her job two other ppl were hired( Sonja being one), even tho she been a PA and PA'd for Gaga before, without OT, and got an Xmas bonus just like everyone else who had to stay...she decided she was owed nearly $400,000 in damages for that and whatever else could be dredged up in this messy-ass lawsuit. She went to a lawyer who prob saw a celeb attached and decided to work this weak OT angle.

She's a selfish, lazy, entitled 40yo women who acted like the star not the assistant.  She was actually the subletter of 176 Stanton, Gaga's neighbor there and eventual roommate. She was unemployed...again (her then resume cites  barely staying 2yrs at one place in the previous 10 yrs)...trying to peddle Gaga mic cases when Gaga offered her the job. Even tho underqualified.

Gaga did her friend a favor cuz  she's a loyal bitch....JO turned out to be anything f#cking  but.

I AM STILL DYING to talk to someone about this case!!!!

This bish tried it, saying she was "abused": She slept in til noon, she called YSL in Gaga name to get free clothes, she delegated her work to hotel staff,she bought her own Xmas presents on Gagas dime at Tiffany's, disrespecting Haus members AND MomGerm and Papa G with that f'n plane situation, etc etc

spongebob squarepants tea GIF.

HOOD RAT! Gaga called her a hood. rat.

bad ass beyonce GIF

Like I said, If Gaga Depositions were a sport, I'd have season f#cking tickets! This... Kesha vs Dr. Luke... Gaga like:

s reactions no GIF

And it looked like Gaga cussed out one of the lawyers a bit  :ohwell: but those pages are missing !! Someone help, I need that T :giveup:

The tabloid papers at the time were awful. I just remember Gaga kind of sarcastically snapped back, at least in the legal documents, sure, she's my slave after the wealthy white woman said grocery shopping was slavery...but the tabloids ran with that headline and got people riled up because they were willing to think the worst of Gaga at the time (some people assumed the assistant was Black, when she was very clearly white, and the tabloids didn't make it clear the (white) assistant was the one who offensively compared having to prep Gaga food as slavery and started the whole "slave" thing).

Archived