Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lady Gaga in Jerusalem

Lemon Pie

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver
45 minutes ago, dit said:

It doesn't take a PHD to know what is happening in West China to Muslims is horrifying, or that the ban Trump did on Muslims was horrible and wrong or or that the Christchurch massacre was one of the deadliest in modern history or that the genocide of the Rohyingias is happening as we speak etc..etc..etc..I mean so so many popstars spoke out about Christchurch or the Muslim ban. Those were inescapable on the media and you'd think Gaga who is literally the leading activist in the pop world would say something. It's a cop out to say that she felt she knew too little to speak out. But I do think perhaps she may not empathize as much with these issues or that she feels like she cannot speak on it for whatever reason because she fear backlash (which would be odd because backlash never scared Gaga away from doing and saying what is right). idk man. I'm sure she has a good reason. I want to believe that. 

Tbvh i know very little about those topics myself so i wouldn't dare to speak. It's very delicate and controversial. i don't think she doesn't empathize, perhaps she feels those issues are way too distant from her life and reality or - again - she's not informed enough. Remember  she has always done a deep previous research to discuss mental health, rape in college, bullying and LGBTQ rights, i think she's that kind of person who doesn't want to sound slightly uneducated

I’m on my Legacy Act era

49 minutes ago, dit said:

It doesn't take a PHD to know what is happening in West China to Muslims is horrifying, or that the ban Drumpf did on Muslims was horrible and wrong or or that the Christchurch massacre was one of the deadliest in modern history or that the genocide of the Rohyingias is happening as we speak etc..etc..etc..I mean so so many popstars spoke out about Christchurch or the Muslim ban. Those were inescapable on the media and you'd think Gaga who is literally the leading activist in the pop world would say something. It's a cop out to say that she felt she knew too little to speak out. But I do think perhaps she may not empathize as much with these issues or that she feels like she cannot speak on it for whatever reason because she fear backlash (which would be odd because backlash never scared Gaga away from doing and saying what is right). idk man. I'm sure she has a good reason. I want to believe that. 

I think you're referring to old Gaga. She's not been all that radical in a few years. Case in point is her being very cognizant about whether or not she should put Angel Down on Joanne. I won't say she's abdicated all political action in recent years, but she's absolutely pulled back a bit especially with regard to things that are complicated. I mean complicated in the sense that homegirl wore a burqa everywhere in 2012 and that would be a bit problematic and not something she wants to shine a light on. Talk about Muslim stuff and woomp there it is, people talking about that again. She means well, but I think she has very purposefully narrowed her political focus in recent years to mental health and lgbtq+ stuff.

I also honestly doubt she knows what's going on in China. Most people don't tbh

1 hour ago, dit said:

A little random but I always wondered why Gaga never spoke up for any problem impacting Muslims in any country ever. She never spoke up for the Quebec City Mosque shooting or the horrible Christchurch killings nor has she spoken about the Uighurs or Rohyingias or anything at all. I think she never even spoke up when Trump did the whole muslim ban or maybe she posted something non direct and not directly addressing pr mentioning the Muslim American community directly. I always wondered if she had a bit of a negative perception of Muslims tbh. Just a thought. I know she loves her muslim fans. I just find it so strange that through out her many years of activism she has spoken up for about nearly every major issues impacting various ethnic and religious groups yet I never hear a peep from her when it comes to stuff impacting Muslims.

She rarely spoke about any terrorist attack. She never said anything about antisemitic murders/terror attacks either. Or attacks on the Christian community in Sri Lanka. 

10 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I think you're referring to old Gaga. She's not been all that radical in a few years. Case in point is her being very cognizant about whether or not she should put Angel Down on Joanne. I won't say she's abdicated all political action in recent years, but she's absolutely pulled back a bit especially with regard to things that are complicated. I mean complicated in the sense that homegirl wore a burqa everywhere in 2012 and that would be a bit problematic and not something she wants to shine a light on. Talk about Muslim stuff and woomp there it is, people talking about that again. She means well, but I think she has very purposefully narrowed her political focus in recent years to mental health and lgbtq+ stuff.

I also honestly doubt she knows what's going on in China. Most people don't tbh

This makes a lot of sense actually. Thank you for giving me this point of view tbh

------------

edit: @Melech She does not have to mention every act committed against Muslims. My point is there has never been a single mention at all not even ONCE. That's the point. She has spoken out against anti semitism and the greatest example is her visiting and promoting Israel and making many touching speeches that were beautiful imo. She also spoke out about different things affecting different christian communities. My point is there has never been a peep of support for anything against muslims. Like ever..even within her own nation. BUT Ziggy's point of view in the comment above ours really made sense to me and it is how i will choose to view it. I think Gaga is more so focusing in on LGBTQ+ and mental health issues which in effect help her muslim fans too. 

Lemon Pie
5 hours ago, Antichrist said:

inb4 she went to jerusalem to pray for jack :bradley:

lady_grande.jpg and she did it :bradley:

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

Lemon Pie

Untitled-1.jpg look her impact :bradley:

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

Lemon Pie

lady-gaga-sports-hijab-covers-up-in-turk :v ok

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

LilyLark
6 hours ago, dit said:

A little random but I always wondered why Gaga never spoke up for any problem impacting Muslims in any country ever. She never spoke up for the Quebec City Mosque shooting or the horrible Christchurch killings nor has she spoken about the Uighurs or Rohyingias or anything at all. I think she never even spoke up when Trump did the whole muslim ban or maybe she posted something non direct and not directly addressing pr mentioning the Muslim American community directly. I always wondered if she had a bit of a negative perception of Muslims tbh. Just a thought. I know she loves her muslim fans. I just find it so strange that through out her many years of activism she has spoken up for about nearly every major issues impacting various ethnic and religious groups yet I never hear a peep from her when it comes to stuff impacting Muslims.

A) I mean, I'm pretty sure Taylor, Adele, Bey, Harry Styles, Frank Ocean, and a lot of other singers who are also activists haven't addressed Islamaphobia, either.

B) Gaga tries—but she grew up an upper middle class white woman and she makes missteps. She's been burned by social media, too, for trying in the past even when she's not really making any missteps. She was one of the first white celebrities to tweet or post on IG about BLM on social media, and then got dragged for asking what other ways she could help.

C) In this day and age, stars get "cancelled" for anything. Obviously, they rarely get permanently cancelled unless it is something truly heinous—like Camila's long history—but they can get short bursts of very negative PR. Gaga tweets anything about Muslims, someone is going to bring up "Burqa" and she'll get dragged for filth and I doubt it will just remain on social media...I could see it spilling over to the press. And yeah, I know back then there were several major stars (not just Gaga) who wore burqas in a very misguided (if well intentioned attempt) to defend a woman's choice in how to dress, but Gaga not only wore one but also wrote a song (that she never claimed, but people know it's hers).

Archived