💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Body Revolution 2013

Silver Keith

Featured Posts

:smh: Are people really going to try and search for a reason to criticize this beautiful action in helping people accept themselves? Please excuse my anger, but you queen b---hes really need to take a damn seat already. Go find the negatives in everything while playing in traffic or something, bye.

Also, for anyone who has contributed in these posts on LM.. If you are somehow reading this, you are Brave and Beautiful!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miss Murder

• Nemo

• MJ Holland

• bammitssamm

did gaga actually suffer with anorexia though?..

"I've starved myself for weeks for this moment."

Much of a clue

Amongst that she also said around that time she was on a 'diet' and eating 'not too much'.. and had often a raspy voice in interviews.. (mia?). She also appeared more low energy in interviews in comparison to when you see her in interviews of recent years. People also forget that anorexia is not a synonym for emaciated.

I really don't think she would lie about something like that. Although she never talked about it before, you can tell by the way her body looked at the end of 2009 that she was likely semi starving herself. When people starve they lose muscle along with fat. That is why Gaga looked bony, fragile, and sort of unhealthy. When she performed Born This Way at the Grammy's, she was very thin but more toned and solid looking. It looked like she got her body to look that way by exercise instead of intense food restrictions.

Exact same observations I've made about her around the end of 2009. You'll notice aswell her live voice was completely different, often tired sounding, compared to the power house that it is in recent years.

I love the idea of helping people not listen to what others say or what the media portrays as perfect. I don't agree with glorifying living a un-healthy lifestyle and being obese. If I posted a photo of someone being anorexic and saying "I accept my body and who I am. Omg thank you Gaga" people all say you need to gain weight etc. but if they post a obese photos everyone is like they are beautiful.

There are always things we can do to better ourselves, like eat better, exercise more, study harder, work harder, make more money, whatever. But we are all human, which is why we are not all super-fit genius millionaires.

So, you do want to set some goals, and put what effort you can into achieving them. But you also have to accept yourself as you are in the middle of all that. I'm not saying be complacent, but just be compassionate with yourself.

If you are obese, start by having compassion for yourself and stop tearing yourself apart from the inside. Start with who you are, and accept that, and THEN you'll be in the right place to try and make some improvements.

But if you are obese and hate yourself, it's only going to make things worse. Set goals going forward, not regrets going backward.

It's from one of her writing assignments while she was at Tisch.

The full text is here:

http://www.spencertu...?id=4&view=text

(This is Spencer Tunick's site, and he posted it there because she references him in the paper. :wub:)

Thank you! So interesting!

This tbh. People have deformities and lost limbs, yet she thinks a perfectly healthy and fit body is going to make them feel better ... ?

It's a reaction specifically to the press labelling her fat. She is not claiming to be imperfect, she is simply sharing that she has suffered with body image issues (anorexia/bulimia) and stating that she is now brave no matter what outsiders view her as. She is inspiring people to not be defined by what other people think of them and to be comfortable with themselves. It's not a contest of who is the most deformed.

HausOfHarlow

Just that she would take the time to post pictures of herself, and to inspire bravery and love and compassion amongst people in phenomenal. It's amazing how loving and caring she is as a human. Wy can't there be more Gaga-like people? She's inspiring bravery through millions of her fans! I love her so much :')

CroatiaGeisha

I love the idea of helping people not listen to what others say or what the media portrays as perfect. I don't agree with glorifying living a un-healthy lifestyle and being obese. If I posted a photo of someone being anorexic and saying "I accept my body and who I am. Omg thank you Gaga" people all say you need to gain weight etc. but if they post a obese photos everyone is like they are beautiful.

This is a mental health campaign- the whole point is to be comfortable with your image- regardless of what you look. Obesity is another issue entirely- no one here is telling people to not exercise, not eat right, and not be healthy (and keep in mind that image is not always a good indicator of healthiness). An obese person is just as much entitled to a healthy level of self-esteem and confidence as anybody else- this state of mind even helps them allow their goals to be more health based (healthy diet and exercise) than image based (which may include controversial dieting , weight loss pills, laxatives, tapeworms & the like, surgical procedures, etc).

And an anorexic person would never say they accept and love their body as how it is- what were you trying to say with that?

Edited by CroatiaGeisha

LittIe Monster

--Stefani Germanotta, 2004

It's a little hard for me to understand that. :sweat: Can you break down her point in simple words? xD

@whoriscope ig

giskardsb

It's a little hard for me to understand that. :sweat: Can you break down her point in simple words? xD

society has a ****ed up view towards nudity and body image. :D

I really like this idea, like a lot. Looks like something meaningful, and besides I rather look at people redefining their flaws than at naked guys. . . (cant believe I actually said that). But yes, has lots of potencial and IMO really she what kind of person she is.

Guest TheSexCult

And an anorexic person would never say they accept and love their body as how it is- what were you trying to say with that?

I'm a dancer and I have friends that are, they love their bodies.

Wow. I bet people feel like dicks because she just explained why she can't control her weight.

I love this new program Gaga. Keep inspiring people around the world! :pawsup:

miamorevolefeyah

This is really empowering on their behalves.

Question: Doesn't Gaga have lupus as well? If so, that could affect her too like Tara.