• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miss Murder

• Nemo

• MJ Holland

• bammitssamm

Gaga was anorexic? Good for her for turning this into a positive thing, although it does sorta look like everything was planned :shutup:

Between this Body Revolution campaign and seeing Gaga kill at the BTWB recently...I'm really getting my Stan on!! :legend:

:dies: In my head, I just pictured a new Gaga fragrance..."Stan". People who wear "Fame" will attract those who wear "Stan". :dies:

Wow... just, WOW.

Where did you get this from.. ?

It's from one of her writing assignments while she was at Tisch.

The full text is here:

http://www.spencertunick.com/templatePages/bibImView.php?id=4&view=text

(This is Spencer Tunick's site, and he posted it there because she references him in the paper. :wub:)

This really hits a nerve with me for various reasons...

As most of you probably know, I was born with a birth defect. I've been in a wheelchair my entire life and I've had 29 surgeries so far (many more to come, but what can you do?). I struggled with depression literally starting around the age of seven. One of the reasons I never post pictures of anything but my face is because I have always been too self-conscious to show the "real me."

I finally did post that "real me" on LittleMonsters today, and it was an absolute weight lifted off my shoulders (granted, it's not the most flattering picture, but hey!). I am so inspired by everyone's stories of bravery. Gaga's, Tara's, and fans included. To know the hardships they have gone through and in some cases, continue to go through is sad, but they are strong, and independent. We cannot get lost in their imperfections; we must focus on what makes them a great asset to the world and the great things that they CAN do.

This is something I thought I would share with you all - if you can, please take a minute to sign the CurePity pledge sponsored by a hospital that is very near-and-dear to my heart (I have been receiving treatment here for the last 17 years or so). By signing the pledge, you are helping cure pity. I think it goes for all of us - no matter what personal struggles you suffer through, whether it be illness, disability, depression... it all starts with curing pity. Look on the bright side and see all the beautiful things about yourself that make you, YOU! Stay strong! Smile! Paws up!

Cure Pity Today!

You are so brave. Thank you for sharing your story with us and feeling confident enough to share your picture.

Free Monster

I don't really understand how posting pictures her an amazing looking body may inspire others to love themselves, but whatever works for them I guess...

This tbh. People have deformities and lost limbs, yet she thinks a perfectly healthy and fit body is going to make them feel better ... ?

So proud of her. <3 ...Embrace your body, people! If there's something you don't like, and are able to do something reasonable about it, do it, but love your body, always! Remember, our bodies are temples in which our souls rest.

This tbh. People have deformities and lost limbs, yet she thinks a perfectly healthy and fit body is going to make them feel better ... ?

What you are calling a perfectly healthy and fit body what she's be practically slaughtered for in the media for being FAT, by their standards.

did gaga actually suffer with anorexia though?..

I really don't think she would lie about something like that. Although she never talked about it before, you can tell by the way her body looked at the end of 2009 that she was likely semi starving herself. When people starve they lose muscle along with fat. That is why Gaga looked bony, fragile, and sort of unhealthy. When she performed Born This Way at the Grammy's, she was very thin but more toned and solid looking. It looked like she got her body to look that way by exercise instead of intense food restrictions.

codymonster

So what is she supposed to do, cut her legs off to inspire people?

I think a huge misconception out there is that people who look healthy/happy are. But that is SO not the case. She is obviously a gorgeous, talented woman, yet she has suffered extremely with many things such as bullying and eating disorders. By showing what makes HER insecure, she can inspire others to love what THEY find is bad about them. A physical deformity is just one of the many things people may not like about themselves. She doesn't have a deformity, so she is not going to pretend she has one or pretend to understand how they feel, cause she doesn't. She is just doing what she can do; which is tell her story :yes:

I'm so happy that Gaga did this project. Not only has it brought the fan base together, it has also puts her in a better light in the GP. I was so happy ( and a little shocked and surprised ) when I got on Littlemonsters.com and saw everyone just expressing their insecurities. It was a real personal expression that has bought many monster together. I love seeing people who are not, by societies point of view, beautiful but are brave enough to show that no matter what they look like or how they feel they are beautiful. I'm not cutest boy on the world but I felt a deeper connection to people who showed what they really looked like instead of hiding behind fake pics. I hope this fan base has other moments like this. This is what Gaga is all about.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

I really don't think she would lie about something like that. Although she never talked about it before, you can tell by the way her body looked at the end of 2009 that she was likely semi starving herself. When people starve they lose muscle along with fat. That is why Gaga looked bony, fragile, and sort of unhealthy. When she performed Born This Way at the Grammy's, she was very thin but more toned and solid looking. It looked like she got her body to look that way by exercise instead of intense food restrictions.

Not to mention in 2010 when she passed out before the show. I never want to see her that skinny/fragile ever again :ohno:

I keep going through the pictures and it's amazing how many people are posting. I hope the media talks about this but watch them turn it into her craving attention...

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.