Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

I just got back from watching! I really liked it overall but I do feel there are so many illogical things in the whole universe that I can’t help but think of (I.e. stormtroopers are still fking idiots 40+ years later, all this new technology yet all hand weapons are the same, etc) but could be said with many many films so. I gagged at Palpatine, especially when he lit up the sky, but he also feels so wasted. Overall it was good, I think for this latest trilogy my rating is 8 > 9 > 7 lol unpopular probably but oops 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was so much pointless chaff in this movie that served almost no purpose. I'm glad that the Skywalker story is over now. Star Wars needs to move beyond this and start creating stories that are character driven instead of what ever it is we got with these movies.

Main things that bothered me:

- The Chewbacca death fakeout was so stupid. How did Finn not know which ship he was on?

- Rey healing that random snake creature. Why? Who cares?

- Special coin/badge Poe was given by the masked character. Literally never came up again and served no purpose.

Stanley Digaga
13 minutes ago, Knife said:

Special coin/badge Poe was given by the masked character. Literally never came up again and served no purpose.

They use it to have access to Kylo's ship.

However Zorri say she needs it to get off the planet but it didn't stop her to pop up at the final battle :spin:

GoldenPonyboy

This last movie was a trajedy. Did not like it at all. It was obvious they wanted to please the ones who were pissed about the last jedi. Truth is, TLJ was at least memorable. I hardly remember anything about this new one and i saw it a few days ago

Gov Hooka

To me the most unforgivable mistake of this film/series is repeating what’s already been done. Resistance vs. First Order is basically Rebels vs. Empire. Bringing back Palpatine AGAIN as the ****ing villain takes a fat dump on the OT and Anakin’s/Vader’s entire storyline. Basically Vader’s sacrifice and return to Anakin at the end of ROTJ was in vain because JJ Abrams lacks any creativity. Truly a shame. 

gagzus
10 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

To me the most unforgivable mistake of this film/series is repeating what’s already been done. Resistance vs. First Order is basically Rebels vs. Empire. Bringing back Palpatine AGAIN as the ****ing villain takes a fat dump on the OT and Anakin’s/Vader’s entire storyline. Basically Vader’s sacrifice and return to Anakin at the end of ROTJ was in vain because JJ Abrams lacks any creativity. Truly a shame. 

The entire baseline of this new trilogy was a rehash of the OT when you think about it, TFA was legit a ANH rehash almost best for beat, TLJ towards the end was almost a rehash of TESB and TROS had elements of all three OT films but the ending battle was an almost exact recreation of ROTJ final segments from Palpatine opening up the viewing platform to show Rey/Luke the Rebels/Resistance losing essentially, Rey/Luke refusing fear and refusing to turn, Ben/Vader turning on Palpatine. Palpatine using force lighting and his arrogance being his downfall. 

I was hoping Hayden was gonna make an appearance towards the end as a force ghost and maybe be the one to stop Palpatine once and for all. Just at least to connect the prophecy from the original timeline to this new one, but I guess this means Rey was the chosen one all along? I also feel like RP&F were all underdeveloped characters by the end which is a shame they had potential.

Hopefully they make a new trilogy based around the old republic set way beforehand with minimal mention of what’s to come or set it wayyy in the future (a few thousand years) or in another Galaxy entirely (like what the ME video game series did after ME3)

• 2 weeks later...
Gov Hooka
On 12/30/2019 at 7:09 PM, Knife said:

There was so much pointless chaff in this movie that served almost no purpose. I'm glad that the Skywalker story is over now. Star Wars needs to move beyond this and start creating stories that are character driven instead of what ever it is we got with these movies.

Idk to me I think it holds Star Wars back. There's such an amazing and multi-faceted universe that focusing too much on just a few characters seems boring imo. 

I watched this last night. I enjoyed it but I still think this trilogy is a M-E-S-S. It seemed like they didn't have a plan for the 3 movies as a whole.  

Don't visit my profile

Archived