Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Staff exodus from House Democrat who plans to switch parties

Featured Posts

PoshLife

"Much of the staff serving a freshman Democratic congressman resigned on Sunday after sources said the lawmaker prepares to switch to the Republican Party, according to a signed letter obtained by CNN.

Five aides to New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew ... wrote in the letter that they can "no longer in good conscience continue our service in the Congressman's employ."

Among the staffers who quit were Van Drew's legislative director, communications director and his scheduler.

The resignations come as Van Drew, who strongly opposes House Democrats' impeachment of Trump, has told colleagues of his intentions to switch parties."

From: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/15/politics/jeff-van-drew-aides-resign-impeachment/index.html

---

This is wild. If you haven't been following this story. Congressman Van Drew is a conservative Democrat who opposes impeachment and plans to switch parties and become a Republican. But he's really doing it because internal polling shows most Democrats in his district won't vote for him again, so he's going to try to run for re-election as a Republican instead. DC Congressional offices have about 10 staff members, so the fact that five are leaving (including his legislative director and communications director) is crippling and really bad publicity. 

Also, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has announced they're hiring those staffers until they land new jobs, which is REALLY nice. 

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

PoshLife
Just now, Brainiac said:

He's basically a traitor. Hope he loses reelection in a landslide.

Me too. It reminds me of Arlen Specter, a senator from Pennsylvania who kept switching parties. He lost a primary eventually. Cuz, like... why would you vote for someone to represent your party who doesn't really agree with the party :laughga: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT

What a loser. 

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 1

PoshLife
Just now, FATCAT said:

What a loser. 

It seems like such a miscalculation to me. I understand you have to navigate the politics back home, but leaving your party is the worst of both worlds - does he think all the Republicans in his district are suddenly gonna forget he was a Democrat and support him? :laughga: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

It seems like such a miscalculation to me. I understand you have to navigate the politics back home, but leaving your party is the worst of both worlds - does he think all the Republicans in his district are suddenly gonna forget he was a Democrat and support him? :laughga: 

Exactly, not to mention the republican primary writes itself. "He was a democrat & pushed democrat votes etc for years" boom, he's tossed out of there too. But I guess he wasn't that smart to begin with haha

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

Zilla

I'm happy to report that he's not from my district. 

What a spineless jellyfish. He went to go meet with Trump and now he's crossing party lines. 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

PoshLife
3 minutes ago, Zilla said:

I'm happy to report that he's not from my district. 

What a spineless jellyfish. He went to go meet with Trump and now he's crossing party lines. 

I think I read somewhere that they're gonna have an event together in his district... disgraceful. 

Imagine betraying the people who voted you into office like this.

• Thanks 1

Zilla
6 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

I think I read somewhere that they're gonna have an event together in his district... disgraceful. 

Imagine betraying the people who voted you into office like this.

Gross. I would be there in outrage, but if he was already conservative I probably wouldn't have voted for him in the first place

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.
  • Like 1

En_Sabah_Nur

Reminds me of Zell Miller & Joseph Lieberman....  🙄😒

Egypt. W

Postboy

Let’s be real... the Democratic Party is full of these people. Decades of hijacking by more and more of right wing Corporatism.

• Like 4