celeb

Harry Styles: not gay, straight or bi; “Who cares”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Madling

Finally someone has pressed him on it. He totally queer baits. He's as straight as they come and v pretty models are his type. He clued in early on that the fervour over Larry stylinson meant that the fanbase really want him to be gay or at least bi because it means he would never pick a girl who wasn't them. I don't think he is being totally honest. If he framed himself as a staunch ally I would have no problem with what he does, but these non answers are more to do with keeping the fantasy alive for LGBTQ fans/fangirls than "who cares" bs

Madling
56 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I really like him and his music but I honestly think this comes of as a straight guy wanting to profit from the LGBTQ community and therefore not saying he’s straight or gay or whatever. This reminds me of Tom Hardy’s reply to the same question. I think it’s totally okay to ask someone about their sexuality and the replies like “I don’t want to label myself” are kinda... questionable. When you think about it Harry’s whole career has been kinda centered around him being this free guy wearing whatever he wants and singing about doing it with boys and girls and when people ask him about his sexuality he’s like “yea I don’t like labels” or whatever.. It’s like me constantly singing about depression and kinda profiting from it and when someone asks me if I’m depressed I choose to stay quiet about the topic.. doesn’t make any sense 

I think someone like Kristen Stewart saying she doesn't want to label herself is acceptable as she very clearly has had relationships with men and women and quite possibly doesn't see herself as gay, straight or bisexual. Nobody is left doubting that she is attracted to women. She's never hid it and by living openly she helps normalize it. Even as a very private person, she has started to talk about her relationships more. Harry just hints and winks but then rocks up with that Jenner chick or another random model. 

Guest ARTPOPSlays
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Why people make such a big deal about sexuality?! Just say Ok, I’m bi. That’s it :interestinga: He is starting to sound way too pretentious and taking himself too seriously. 

but the interview has a point. Don’t go out acting all “femme” and then you say you’re a hetero and there’s nothing different about you 

The way I few it, acting “femme” has nothing to do with sexuality. Hiwever you want to look is how you want to look whether your straight or not. I just think society views it that way because gays have more confidence right now to act that way, (if they please). But I think one day so will straight people. That’s how I personally view it, hope that made sense. 

SchwineLove
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Why people make such a big deal about sexuality?! Just say Ok, I’m bi. That’s it :interestinga: He is starting to sound way too pretentious and taking himself too seriously. 

but the interview has a point. Don’t go out acting all “femme” and then you say you’re a hetero and there’s nothing different about you 

Because it's constraining to label yourself. Why bother? Why you all care? Why can we all just live? And let ourselves enjoy anything without the duty to have an exact definition of ourselves, moreover to explain ourselves to others.

Note: And this goes to Shawn also, let him live. Not all things are intended to be gay-pandering.

StuckInMyMind

I think I posted about this back when it happened but back in 2013 I went to see One Direction the day after i saw Girls Aloud and when they were singing Change My Mind, Harry kept looking at me in the crowd with a very seductive look in his eyes. I was surrounded by girls that were obviously too young for him and I’m around the same age as him, so I know for sure he was aiming it at me, I’ve never thought too much about it because of the fact that people can misread signals, but the signals were definitely there. He didn’t just look at me once, it was multiple times for an extended period of time during the song, I never mentioned it to my parents as I wasn’t out at the time so I figured I’d keep my mouth shut, also there was so much speculation around him and Louis at the time too

He certainly cares enough to queer-bait and profit off of the LGBT community, just like he has since he started as a solo artist  :oops:

like the good sis @ReginaGeorge says, it really isn't okay to have one without the other, so if he wants to keep singing about sleeping with guys and wearing dresses he should fess up and say something, not try to be edgy and not answer the question. Otherwise he comes off as this straight guy trying to sell and make room for himself in an untapped market, but he has his stans so it's whatever I guess.

this new generation of male pop singers pandering to the gays is so annoying 

who will love me when the night is over

codymonster

Normally I would say he has every right to do whatever he wants. But I don’t like this “I can wear a dress and appear gay and include gay imagery” stuff, but then be like, “I dunno, I don’t want to say what I am.” It just seems so disrespectful to the gay community..

On the other hand though, I truly don’t mind if he said he was straight and just enjoys gay culture and celebrates it, which I think would also be great. That way he is bringing awareness and showing straight people there are many ways to live. It at least would be more authentic, and also create more inclusive allies.

Its just this ambiguity that he is portraying that I don’t like. It gives me the vibe of “I want the gay people to think I’m one of them but the girls to still think I’m straight” and that is not cool. Using a sexuality for popularity isn’t it.

Archived