event

Taylor's speech at Billboard Women In Music 2019

IllusionLover

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spicemuncher

I was never a big fan of hers because her music doesn’t appeal to me, but I give her props and lots of respect for a great speech.

Sneaky Oliver
42 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Props to camila for standing there for 15 minutes straight :poot:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29024ac6ef40c4f4bfde

Wait that was Camila?! I couldn’t recognize her :air: she looks weirdly different 

Love Taylor. The way she speaks not only for herself but forma generation of musicians who may not have the chance to speak up in such a big platform! 

Also I appreciate how she mentioned Lana as an example to move forward. I hope Lana responds to that, even if privately  

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Regina George
7 hours ago, FameHookah said:

Lana del Rey HAHAHAH what

Gaga was 100000x times more influential, and she didnt get mentioned, even tho they are "friends" and she went to her birthday.

She namedroping lana and billie kinda ruined the speech but it was so good still.

You clearly didn’t get the message she wanted to spread. She mentioned LDR for a reason and I suggest you to watch the speech again and maybe then you’ll understand.

Regina George
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Props to camila for standing there for 15 minutes straight :poot:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29024ac6ef40c4f4bfde

Girl that’s Jameela Jamil :saladga:

Regina George
18 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Wait that was Camila?! I couldn’t recognize her :air: she looks weirdly different 

You didn’t recognize her because that’s not her. It’s Jameela Jamil.. :diane:

1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Girl that’s Jameela Jamil :saladga:

Girl it was a joke that’s why I added poot...:selena:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293bbb3b24ec0366fd11

Hottie Detector

Bambino

Kuods to her tbh :applause:

Those who remained silent or didn't support her, well it's the business, it's not an excuse but oh well :shrug: 

Runway
8 hours ago, FameHookah said:

Lana del Rey HAHAHAH what

Gaga was 100000x times more influential, and she didnt get mentioned, even tho they are "friends" and she went to her birthday.

She namedroping lana and billie kinda ruined the speech but it was so good still.

To be honest she only mentioned smaller artists than her. Gaga is in her tier celebrity wise 

1 hour ago, gagzus said:

I don’t care much for her music but she spoke nothing but facts here. I’m dissapointed Gaga didn’t win Woman of The Decade since she has had the most colossal career this decade beyond sales (I guess this is about sales that you win since it’s Billboard?) but I’m glad Taylor used this speech to talk about important issues and not herself (much) but only using herself as an example.

dont worry there gonna give her woman of the millenium 

IllusionLover
2 hours ago, Red said:

Taylor's trajetory this decade was really interesting, someone should make a documentary about that, she's like, the prototype of the cancel culture and comeback narrative.

Uh... she has already a documentary premiering in January...

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

JohnnyVersace

It’s the most Taylor thing to do to speak on female empowerment and activism while shadily dragging another woman. 

StrawberryBlond

I thought it was all a bit overblown and fake, to be honest. It's amazing how Taylor managed to be a bully and a victim at the same time. One minute, she wants us to feel sorry for her because people are dragging her down and the next, she's dragging others down for petty reasons. It was so hard to watch her attempt to paint herself as a victim when nothing seriously bad has ever happened in her life. I remember watching Madonna's same speech and while I'm not exactly her biggest fan, I have to admit, she's had quite a hard life, especially when she was trying to make it and it made me feel for her. She was talking about having her apartment robbed, getting raped on a rooftop at knifepoint, experiencing so many of her friends die from drugs, AIDS and shootings. She was abused by her ex husband. She nearly had her career end with Erotica, with so many people deserting her and with a newspaper comparing her to Satan. Compare this to Taylor complaining about struggling to sometimes be taken seriously in the industry and having a bit of overexposure pushback. It's just not comparable. She was reaching to find struggle, but it just wasn't there. And to be introduced by the condascendingly fake Jameela was the icing on the cake. Two people who think they're so much more important than they really are.

Archived