💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB is Gaga's highest peak and defining moment

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

It's interesting to think of ASIB from Gaga's point of view.   She always wanted to be an actress, had a bit role in Sopranos and the salad scene in MTV boiling points, but could never get traction as an artist until she gained some fame as Lady Gaga, hooked up with Robert Rodriguez (Machete, Sin City), then AHS, and finally connected with Bradley, who was obviously the perfect director for her for her first feature film.   We know the results,  movie hugely successful and a pop culture phenomenon, Award nominations everywhere including Oscars Best actress, Oscar win for song, Huge selling soundtrack, massive success on a scale nobody imagined for this movie. I personally find it odd so many don't consider ASIB as Gaga's music, given she wrote and sings some of the best songs she's ever actually done.     

Gaga probably considers this the high point of her career and her greatest success so far, considering it incorporates all of her identities as a musician, songwriter, and actress, and opens up her career opportunities  considerably.  She put a lot of hard work into ASIB and it paid off hugely.  

Interesting then that so much of her fanbase essentially wants to erase ASIB as part of Gaga's "career" and still want to act like she hasn't done anything  "Gaga" related since Joanne or earlier.  Like ASIB was some nice side project rather than the defining moment of Gaga's career. 

And I do think it's the defining moment of her career, and I suspect she does also.  Gaga's idea of her career has always been at odds with many fans idea of what her "career" should be.   But she's never she's never played by the straight pop star "playbook", and ASIB is going to really allow her to spread her wings in any direction she chooses.   Pop star was never the top of her career ladder, it was the bottom rung.  She's climbing and spreading out from there.

I think it's exciting to watch someone who put so much work into developing her talent, and who through drive and ambition created her own opportunities, to hitting new heights while constantly challenging herself to new things.   

giskardsb
5 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

wait, what?

sorry my bad, I tend to conflate Robert Rodriguez and Tarantino, :)

Reality

I agree, for the most part. I think that this is a defining moment in her career, but I don't think that this is the defining moment of the career. Also, if we're talking about commercial success, nothing will ever beat TF/TFM and even some of the BTW era. It will be very difficult to try and get past that level of success.

That being said, I definitely think that this will be a turning point in Gaga's career, in terms of what she decides to do in the future. All her past film/tv projects were great, don't get me wrong, but none of them were the "it" factor Gaga needed to further pursue acting. I mean, she got an Academy Award nomination for her first  major movie role. That's huge. In future movies, they'll be able to put "Oscar Nominated Actress, Lady Gaga" in the trailer, and that'll just be so surreal for her!

I just hope she continues to expand her career path, because I'm so excited to see what she'll do next. I need her in more movies badly :giveup:

🃏🖤👹

MaryJaneHolland
7 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

and the salad scene

Gaga is the "right in front of my salad" girl??? :enigma:

Lord Temptation

In Australia ASIB is definitely her biggest peak. She’s worked her way back up to the top, an almost impossibe mission considering we were one of the first countries to drop her and develop an anti-Gaga backlash. It’s way harder to get back to the top after everyone hates you than doing it when noone knows anything anything about you.

Here the album is 3 (or 4x) platinum and the Shallow would be 8 (or 9x) platinum! While ARUTW is 2 (or 3x) platinum eligible and INLA 1 (or 2x) platinum eligible. 

Plus, now that everyone who saw the movie knows, she’s a talented actess and she is beautiful without make up AND she can sing. She is the ultimate triple threat these days, and her legendary status has not only been reaffirmed, it’s been goldstamped! 

Regina George

It’s definitely not her highest peak because it’s not even close to her 2009-10-11 reign BUT it is definitely HUGE achievement and something that will go in history when it comes to her career. I think she has potential to make her highest music peak tho with her next record BUT only if she’ll give 100% and if she and her team make good decisions. 

Economy

If by peak u mean popularity... We're u around in 2009 and 2010? Ppl literally got pissed off with her having hit after hit on radio, constantly on tv and music awards were heavily dominated by Gaga winning like everything. She was also the biggest on social media and YouTube at one point :awkney:

If u mean in terms of her self fulfilment and general public respect, yes I agree

Archived