Antonio

It's about time!

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PatrickMonster
19 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I need pop culture history lessons, so this song has never been #1 before?! Shook! 

I can copy-paste the Wikipedia article :huntyga:

In the United States, in the first week of January 1995, "All I Want for Christmas Is You" peaked at number six on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary and at No. 12 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[28] The song placed on these two charts again in December 1995 and in December 1996.[28] The song was ineligible for inclusion on the Billboard Hot 100 during its original release, because it was not released commercially as a single. This rule lapsed in 1998, however, allowing the song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 (peaking at No. 83 in January 2000). The song topped the Billboard Hot Digital Songs chart in December 2005, but it was unable to attain a new peak on the Billboard Hot 100 chart because it was considered a recurrent single and was thus ineligible for chart re-entry.[29]

Every December from 2005 to 2008, the song topped the Billboard Hot 100 Re-currents chart. In 2012, after the recurrent rule was revised to allow all songs in the top 50 onto the Billboard Hot 100 chart, the single re-entered the chart at No. 29 and peaked at No. 21 for the week ending January 5, 2013. In December 2017, the song reached No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100, giving Carey her 28th top 10 in the country and first since "Obsessed" in 2009.[30] "All I Want For Christmas Is You" subsequently rose to No. 3 on the chart dated January 5, 2019, becoming the second holiday track to reach its top 5 after "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" by David Seville and the Chipmunks peaked at No. 1 in 1958.

43 minutes ago, PatrickMonster said:

"The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" by David Seville and the Chipmunks peaked at No. 1 in 1958.

Wait what? :air:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Adrenaliner
4 hours ago, Runway said:

#1 hits through the 90’s, 00’s and 10’s. Not everyone has that :heart:

Britney does :firega:

SlaeUrAnus

The most iconic Christmas song in history. 

It’s timeless. I really do hope she gets that 19th #1!

all i want for christmas is you GIF

In my messy era.

4 hours ago, Virgin Ryan said:

Good for her. But it's supposed to be Christmas Tree Farm. :enigma:

You’re welcome, sweetie. :ohwell:

5 hours ago, Runway said:

5 hours ago, Runway said:

Gaga soon! 00's, 10's and 20's :vegas:

warioaddams

What about the other iconic songs like "Rockin around" and "Jingle Bell Rock" They are in the top 10 as well. Very impressive.

My delulu ass thought for a hot second that AIWFCIY was the acronym for Always Remember Us This Way and I just about jumped. Really had me thinking the SOTY Grammy nomination did something. :bradley:

angels forever, forever angels

insight

Lord, have mercy! Just let her have her 19th #1 and be done with it. I'm sure she will throw this feat in everyone's face.

Archived