Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Alicia Keys and Billie Eilish sing Ocean Eyes

Glamourpuss

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss

The two singers appeared on the Late Late Show where Alicia stood in for James Corden as the host.

And just like anyone would, the star lapped up the opportunity to perform with the Bad Guy hitmaker, as the duo sang a stunning duet of the 17-year-old’s hit, Ocean Eyes.

Sat behind the piano, the 38-year-old played the melody while they took it in turns to blast out the verses.

And Alicia didn’t do half bad, despite the song not being her style, as she hit the notes effortlessly while Billie looked on.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/10/billie-eilish-definitely-knows-alicia-keys-pair-duet-van-halen-controversy-11651081/amp

Can the Billie haters please stay silent if you don't have anything nice to say. :huntyga:

corvus albus
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

And Alicia didn’t do half bad, despite the song not being her style, as she hit the notes effortlessly while Billie looked on.

What is this supposed to mean? Alicia Keys is one of the best vocalists of our generation :poot:

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

What is this supposed to mean? Alicia Keys is one of the best vocalists of our generation :poot:

I copied directly from the article but yeah, she's an acclaimed singer in her own right. Whoever wrote this was a bit harsh. :laughga:

A Hybrid
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

I copied directly from the article but yeah, she's an acclaimed singer in her own right. Whoever wrote this was a bit harsh. :laughga:

Someone from billieeili.sh maybe :reductive:

No family’s safe when I sashay

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Someone from billieeili.sh maybe :reductive:

I haven't been there in a while ever since it was overrun by bots. I'm assuming the site is dead now. :rip:

A Hybrid
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

I haven't been there in a while ever since it was overrun by bots. I'm assuming the site is dead now. :rip:

I’m abstaining from commenting on this because it was created by the creator of this site which I love :huntyga:

No family’s safe when I sashay

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, A Hybrid said:

I’m abstaining from commenting on this because it was created by the creator of this site which I love :huntyga:

Aww I know, I didn't mean anything bad by it. I actually want to go back and be a part of it again. 

Daylight Jokers

So good! Ocean Eyes is probably the only song I like from Billie and both of them sounded good. I'm not really keen on her singing style, but Billie is pretty good at singing live. They also showed a clip in the same interview where Billie was singing Fallin' by Alicia Keys when she was 12. She was more belt-y then.

Lord Temptation

The song feels kind of anticlimactic to me but then again most Billie and Alicia songs do. I feel like the song tries to be a mood and that’s it.

But I do like the verses, but not the chorus. Chorus should have more losing control.

Glamourpuss
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

The song feels kind of anticlimactic to me but then again most Billie and Alicia songs do. I feel like the song tries to be a mood and that’s it.

But I do like the verses, but not the chorus.

Billie's studio version is much better. This seems more like an impromptu acoustic performance which explains why it's not perfect. 

this got a bit of rythm and blues and Billie Eilish digged the phrasing. She's very musical. Great performance, Alicia Keys was Amazing tbh. I just kinda was hoping for some syncopated bluesy chords and lick to disrupt the vibe and give the extra kick, but hands down

FlopSlurper
40 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Can the Billie haters please stay silent if you don't have anything nice to say. :huntyga:

shE haS GREen hAIr GaGA diD it fiRsT and BetTer

4d26c41e6a70f6ab6d5d447a793fe0ab.jpg

On a serious note, she sounds so good and I love the song so much :kara:

I wish american late night shows were hosted by singers instead of comedians so we could have these epic duets every day instead of lame games and embarrassing stories no one asked for :diane:

Lord Temptation
23 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Billie's studio version is much better. This seems more like an impromptu acoustic performance which explains why it's not perfect. 

Fair enough. Though I was just talking about the song. As Gagz says a good song needs nothing more than a piano. I’ve heard the studio version and i actually think this acoustic version is better even though it’s not perfect, although I would have preferred a more beltier chorus and possibly a key change.

Mister G

Better Queen Alicia Keys than James Corden. I’m not a fan of his and feel he tries to outstage everyone else.

Archived