Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

5 Years Ago, What Did You Expect From Gaga

SeasonOfTheWitch

Featured Posts

Clumsy Monster
15 minutes ago, Saint Jude said:

i've learned to not set myself up for disappointment and just embrace whatever comes from her and decide if i like it as i go

Literally this! This is what I've been trying to do. Some of us set their expectations so high that they ended up being disappointed for something that Gaga has never promised for the first place.

xoxo Craig

5 years ago... we are talking 2014, beginning of 2015.

I expected Gaga to take a huge break from music, lasting around 3 or 4 years, and maybe just spend time with family and her then fiancee Taylor Kinney. I think after what happened after ARTPOP, a good break would have been needed. Maybe do the odd few shows here and there like in Jazz clubs so that she gets the ASIB role. 

I would have expected for her to make a comeback in 2017/18. Its Gaga, so a reinvention is expected. I definitely would have expected that Gaga came back with a healing record - not just for her, but for her fans too. These artists that take massive breaks then come back with the same music they were doing before they took a break show no growth as an artist or as a person. I would have hoped that she stopped smoking, and made Joanne with more/higher production value... and longer than 12 tracks.  

Then once Joanne/ASIB was done, release LG6 and Haus Labs simultaneously... with LG6 be a combination of dance, house, techno, funk and soul :tony:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

Pretty sure i was waiting for more ARTPOP music videos :selena: 

Even though she moved on with C2C? :selena:

End Racism Now

I honestly thought she would release flop after flop and fade to become a modern Cyndi Lauper :emma:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Even though she moved on with C2C? :selena:

I thought it was a side project lol i was very into gaga‘s music but had no idea about her career in general. Just always watched her performances and music videos, sometimes interviews

Musery

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Red said:

I honestly thought she would release flop after flop and fade to become a modern Cyndi Lauper :emma:

Cyndi Lauper is still seen as a massive icon, especially within the LGBT community  :emma:  

I think if you have the talent, that will shine through regardless of how well you do on the charts... and thats exactly what Gaga did. She showed people her talent, and now because of ASIB and her talents, she is pretty much ontop of the world :tony:   I just never expected a make up brand

End Racism Now

Guillaume Hamon

I was still wishing for gaga to do dance-pop music cause I didn't know how versatile and great at every genre she could be.

I also wanted her to do more acting so I'm spoiled and I didn't dare to dream of her being on AHS! :) 

I expected her to have a fashion line and still am but so far I'm glad to see her make up. :D 

IAmNotHere1997
36 minutes ago, Red said:

Yeah pretty much this :sweat:

54 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Cyndi Lauper is still seen as a massive icon, especially within the LGBT community  :emma:  

Don't you act like you don't know what I mean

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived