Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Do you like/hate albums' deluxe and special editions?

Deluxe and special editions  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel when artists release special and deluxe editions of their albums?

• I love it.
    • I hate it.

Featured Posts

FentyGa

i dont mind tbh

just get the version you prefer:laughga:

sometimes songs just don’t fit the regular edition. with taylor’s red, while tmik shoulda been a regular track, cb...bh and gah wouldnt have fit the original album thematically and made sense as deluxe tracks

i also love alternate cover work

Ryusei

Yeah I hate getting more songs that are potentially better than the ones on the regular. And a lot of people still put 2 different versions on streaming..

judge judy eye roll GIF

Stream PANG by Caroline Polachek
  • Like 1

A Hybrid
42 minutes ago, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

I think the only purpose for a deluxe album should be if artists want to share alternative versions/demos of songs on the standard or even new songs that weren’t finished in time for the “real” standard album.

Florence did this

and it makes a lot more sense than shoving finished songs on a deluxe (why couldn’t they be in the standard?). In other words: Standard should be for finished songs, deluxe for demos/live versions/remixes etc. 

Which Witch needed to be finished :enigma:

what I hate is that I can’t listen to the Target Exclusives in full quality, we deserve them:

Edited by A Hybrid
No family’s safe when I sashay

March34th

As someone who likes collecting music and different editions of albums that I love, I love when artists release deluxe versions of albums.

But when it's the same exact album, same artwork, same tracklist, with like one or two remixes added as a "deluxe" version, that's kinda annoying

I cannot stop the taxi cab from crashin' And only lovers will survive
  • Like 1

NewUsername
4 minutes ago, March34th said:

As someone who likes collecting music and different editions of albums that I love, I love when artists release deluxe versions of albums.

But when it's the same exact album, same artwork, same tracklist, with like one or two remixes added as a "deluxe" version, that's kinda annoying

indeed.

Long live Gaga for TFM with 8 new songs and Angèle for Brol La Suite with 6 new songs and an orchestral version of a previous song :vegas: 

Edited by NewUsername
  • Thanks 1

Amidana

I don't like when artists re-release albums with only remixes of radio edits :/ I don't mind a few more songs :)

dont find me on grindr anymore i have a bf
  • Like 1