1. 1. Would Gaga endorse Bernie?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lion Heart

She'll probably support Pete because you know.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Brainiac
18 hours ago, M Monstre said:

She’s only going to endorse the democratic nominee, no matter who that is. If I remember correctly, Gaga only publicly endorsed Hillary when she became the nominee, and not during the primary campaign. She’ll do the same thing here. 

I’d be interested to know who she actually likes though. I could see either it being Warren or Biden, because of her history with him.

This is incorrect. She openly supported Hillary over Bernie very early on while they were still in the primary. And we all know the only reason was because "FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT." I remember being extremely disappointed back then.

ItsTommyBitch
7 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

I dont care about the 5% success rate specially that it is a very slow process that could take decades with changes that only effect a fringe group of people. And it all could easily be reversed by someone like Trump! Going on the streets and demanding your rights is what Americans should do in my opinion. If over 70% of Americans support something like Medicare for all (including republicans), why cant Americans have that? why do you have to wait a lifetime for the possibility of it? who even knows what would happen to America in that future? I understand your choice, but its not something I would accept.

Its important to create a culture that exposes the system instead of participating in it. People now vote Democrat based on fear and being against Republicans instead of a voting for whats good for the American people. The Democratic party now feels extremely entitled to get your vote and demands it without offering any change, and if you dont vote for them, you will be shamed and attacked. That alone is very dangerous, there is no incentive to change and stop corruption.

Another way is for someone as popular as Bernie to create a third party which could easily happen. Or allow ring choice voting which is a great solution. I dont know, anything but accepting the possibility of a "5%" success rate after I die.

As a Libertarian, I dont agree with progressives only for being anti establishment! I agree with progressives on literally everything, we just believe in different solutions to reach our goals. I obviously prefer Libertarianism but if thats not an option, id love to live in a progressive system. Any step forward from what we have today would be great even if its not Libertarian. Im not even sure a Libertarian society would work, but I would hope so as I morally agree with it.

Bernie is a grassroots activist and organizer, this is EXACTLY what he is suggesting, so there it makes perfect sense to support someone like Bernie. And Bernie caucuses with Democrats, so voting for Democrats is literally the only way to make any change here if these are your true concerns. Like, sorry you can disagree if you want, but you won't be able to argue that 0% and 5% are equally bad, they just aren't. 5 is higher than 0 fundamentally. 

Also, again youre way oversimplifying things with "fringe group of people" - Those fringe groups of people are millions of people that are impacted by things like immigration policy, healthcare, foreign policy, climate change, infrastructure, the economy... This isn't fringe, and the goodness of policy does not require a net 100% gain for it to be worth anything. The same arguments were made against ending slavery - it'll be worse for the economy than it actually helps black people, there aren't that many black people in america, so its a fringe benefit. The thing is just that the current people who are helped by incrementalism are rarely black people, women, and minorities - its usually upper-middle class and rich white men.

Your position reduces way too much to be feasible, that's what I'm saying about privilege. If you are a black person in America who wants equal rights, treatment, and opportunity in any facet of life, you support the Democratic party - yes partly because the opposition is mostly immoral and stupid, but it's not like Democrats just plain DON'T care about change, its that they are ineffective at it and the odds are stacked against them electorally due to things like gerrymandering and outdated political systems. Yes, even the Nancy Pelosis and Hillary Clintons of the world *do* want to make things better for people. Neoliberalism fails because of the scope of its ambitions and a misdiagnosis of the problem, it isn't to say that it does absolutely nothing, it just does absolutely not enough by design. The democratic party does offer *change* - some people just believe it isn't enough change. And again, corruption exists in both parties especially in regards to campaign finance and donations and dark money and campaign promises. 

Also, no, third parties have virtually 0% chance of success in a national presidential election and will not likely ever have a chance. 5 is never going to be lower or equal to 0. 

You're talking to a hardcore leftist that's anti-capitalism. It doesn't mean I have to reject all material benefits. Ending slavery only affected a fringe group of people, and it didn't end "wage slavery" or the process of workers selling their work to capitalists, but it doesn't mean it didn't liberate people, like :rip: Obama passing the ACA and guaranteeing coverage for "pre-existing conditions" DID greatly increase coverage and reduce deaths due to avoidable healthcare related issues. It didn't solve the for-profit motive in insurance which needs to be eliminated entirely like M4A would, but it did result in millions of people more having insurance and having their lives saved. Thankfully Bernie is not blind to progress, he supported the ACA while also believing it didn't go far enough, just like I did and do.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

33 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Bernie is a grassroots activist and organizer, this is EXACTLY what he is suggesting, so there it makes perfect sense to support someone like Bernie. And Bernie caucuses with Democrats, so voting for Democrats is literally the only way to make any change here if these are your true concerns. Like, sorry you can disagree if you want, but you won't be able to argue that 0% and 5% are equally bad, they just aren't. 5 is higher than 0 fundamentally. 

Also, again youre way oversimplifying things with "fringe group of people" - Those fringe groups of people are millions of people that are impacted by things like immigration policy, healthcare, foreign policy, climate change, infrastructure, the economy... This isn't fringe, and the goodness of policy does not require a net 100% gain for it to be worth anything. The same arguments were made against ending slavery - it'll be worse for the economy than it actually helps black people, there aren't that many black people in america, so its a fringe benefit. The thing is just that the current people who are helped by incrementalism are rarely black people, women, and minorities - its usually upper-middle class and rich white men.

Your position reduces way too much to be feasible, that's what I'm saying about privilege. If you are a black person in America who wants equal rights, treatment, and opportunity in any facet of life, you support the Democratic party - yes partly because the opposition is mostly immoral and stupid, but it's not like Democrats just plain DON'T care about change, its that they are ineffective at it and the odds are stacked against them electorally due to things like gerrymandering and outdated political systems. Yes, even the Nancy Pelosis and Hillary Clintons of the world *do* want to make things better for people. Neoliberalism fails because of the scope of its ambitions and a misdiagnosis of the problem, it isn't to say that it does absolutely nothing, it just does absolutely not enough by design. The democratic party does offer *change* - some people just believe it isn't enough change. And again, corruption exists in both parties especially in regards to campaign finance and donations and dark money and campaign promises. 

Also, no, third parties have virtually 0% chance of success in a national presidential election and will not likely ever have a chance. 5 is never going to be lower or equal to 0. 

You're talking to a hardcore leftist that's anti-capitalism. It doesn't mean I have to reject all material benefits. Ending slavery only affected a fringe group of people, and it didn't end "wage slavery" or the process of workers selling their work to capitalists, but it doesn't mean it didn't liberate people, like :rip: Obama passing the ACA and guaranteeing coverage for "pre-existing conditions" DID greatly increase coverage and reduce deaths due to avoidable healthcare related issues. It didn't solve the for-profit motive in insurance which needs to be eliminated entirely like M4A would, but it did result in millions of people more having insurance and having their lives saved. Thankfully Bernie is not blind to progress, he supported the ACA while also believing it didn't go far enough, just like I did and do.

Yes 5% is better, but its not worth it in my opinion. Privileged people are the ones who dont mind waiting a lifetime or decades for the possibility of a 5% change. Telling poor struggling people to wait a lifetime or after death for the possibility of a 5% change is not something I can stand for.

Bernie is someone I would support, im not speaking against Bernie, im speaking against what the Democratic party is today. If the Democratic party become progressive, ill support them. Bernie said if he is president, he wont rely on government and wont accept 5% change, he will ask Americans to march the streets and demand their rights.

But I cant believe you think someone like Hilary and Pelosi have good intentions but are not capable of doing anything!!

KleinGa
22 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

Lol no she’s a rich white woman with a mansion in Malibu who performs private concerts for rich software people and who actively supported Hillary Clinton over Bernie in 2016. Love her and her art but she’s out of touch when it comes to progressive politics... She fits in with the rest of the Hollywood establishment/corporate Democrats

The majority of the software people that she performed for are actually as rich as bernie and probably own less houses than he does.....

KleinGa
55 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

She'll probably support Pete because you know.

I think she’ll wait it out until the nominee emerges to announce her support for whoever that person is. 

I dont think she’ll weigh in on the primaries...

ItsTommyBitch
22 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Precisely. There's no way in hell she's class conscious but I could easily see her supporting leftist policies based on her bleeding heart liberalism. Most liberals do support M4A and free tuition, after all. Let's not forget she suffers from chronic pain and she's spoken in the past about how she feels empathy for people who can't afford care. I don't know how chronic pain couldn't radicalize a person in this era. That said, I myself am someone who supports Bernie's agenda but I genuinely love Hillary (even now!) so I feel it's like... not as big of a leap as people seem to think! 

For all the hate I seem to get about being Bernie or Bust, I supported Bernie in my own primary, but ended up switching to Hillary a month or so before it was over and ended up canvassing a little for Hillary in 2016. I was very vocal about it, even on this website if people care to recall. 

I've become a lot further left in my politics since then, but I knew she was a bad candidate even then - but I was still enthusiastic in my support for her to people I tried to get to vote for her. 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived