đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Glam Room No. 1 - Reviews

ThatAsianGuy

Featured Posts

FameHookah
26 minutes ago, Lois Griffin said:

Thanks guys!! The glam attacks were what I was most interested in. Do you have any shade recommendations?

Chained Ballerina and Legend are my faves

Also the green one đź‘Ś these are very good

WTF is MDNA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G U C C I

I have bought all of the Haus Labs products available except for the palette. I have several and honestly the color and finish of the shadows is so close to two that I already have I decided not to purchase it. I do think it is gorgeous though.

I will say that all of the products are really really great. I wear them a lot and they hold up like all luxury makeup products I've purchased from Sephora. However besides the colors being similar to my other palettes I had was worried about the texture and blend-ability of the shadows. I am not bashing Sarah but the way she likes to use her fingers with makeup made me hesitant these would not work well with normal makeup brushes. And well seems I was right based off these reviews and looks. Even when Nikkie was putting it on Gaga it looked a touch patchy but I thought maybe it was the lighting or something. I really don't understand the use of your fingers in makeup. Not only can it cause irritation but the application is never as good.

Glamourpuss
6 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

I'd like to second the praise for the Glam Attacks. I LOVE them, even the ones in colors I didn't think I'd like, such as the green one (Dynasty). This morning, I just received a package with FOUR more Glam Attacks in new colors. 

I also love the eyeliner, which is the first felt tip eyeliner I've been able to use without looking like a panda. I love it so much that I ordered the newly released brown (Whiskey) eyeliner, which also just arrived in this morning's package. In my experience, the black eyeliner has stayed put and hasn't smudged. I've even cried while wearing it, and it wasn't messed up. 

I also ordered the palette, which came today. I'll report back on it after using it. Also ordered the brow topper to wear to Enigma (it's supposed to be sparkly) and the new lipstick. 

The lipliners and glosses are fine, but I don't find them as revolutionary as the Glam Attacks. I think the Glam Attacks are awesome, especially for a makeup novice such as myself (been using makeup for decades, but I've never been an expert at it). Just be sure to shake them before use if you want to activate the sparkle magic! 

I'll report back on the brown eyeliner, palette, brow topper, and lipstick after using them. 

I'm excited to know what you think of the new products you got. I only found out about the brow topper yesterday and I like the sound of it so I'm especially intrigued about that... and the lipstick too. :)

I also can't wait for you to attend Enigma and tell us all about it. :fan:

gagasicebath
3 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

I have bought all of the Haus Labs products available except for the palette. I have several and honestly the color and finish of the shadows is so close to two that I already have I decided not to purchase it. I do think it is gorgeous though.

I will say that all of the products are really really great. I wear them a lot and they hold up like all luxury makeup products I've purchased from Sephora. However besides the colors being similar to my other palettes I had was worried about the texture and blend-ability of the shadows. I am not bashing Sarah but the way she likes to use her fingers with makeup made me hesitant these would not work well with normal makeup brushes. And well seems I was right based off these reviews and looks. Even when Nikkie was putting it on Gaga it looked a touch patchy but I thought maybe it was the lighting or something. I really don't understand the use of your fingers in makeup. Not only can it cause irritation but the application is never as good.

I look like a kid who got into her mama's make up if I ever attempt to apply shadows with my fingers!

KillerMonster

I just now got done playing with my glam room palette. I am SO confused at why some people are complaining about the pigment. The pigment was actually really intense! It blended like a literal dream. I would compare the formula to the anastasia beverly hills eyeshadows... I didn’t think the shimmers would be great because reviewers are saying they aren’t good. But boy were they wrong. I am so glad I didn’t let people convince me to not get the palette, because it just easily became my favorite eyeshadow palette. And thats saying something because i’m super picky with palettes... I feel like the majority of people who are trashing the palette just don’t want Haus Labs to succeed because they want music instead. :shrug:

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

Franch Toast

Okay y'all, another member here who actually owns and has tried (twice!) Glam Room No. 1 Palette. 

First off, some background. I'm a woman who's been using makeup for a couple of decades, but it's only recently that I've started to have fun with makeup. Before that, I used makeup to conceal or correct "imperfections" and thought of it as more of a chore than something that could be used as self-expression. In the past few years, I've gotten really into skincare, and as my skin has improved, I've found I don't need makeup to "fix" things so much, which has really helped me to just sit back and play around with makeup. That said, however, I am still very much a novice. I only started wearing mascara two years ago, and I only learned what blending eyeshadow is over the summer. Generally when I wear makeup, I strive for a natural "no make-up look" and prefer to look pretty & ethereal (that's just the kind of girl I am – I tend toward the feminine). Every once in a while though, I like to do something bolder, but not on a regular basis. 

The Palette

In terms of eye shadow, right now I have a few palettes by Urban Decay (from their Naked collection), a Tarte palette, an Anastasia Norvina Palette (Vol. 2) that I bought for Enigma, and some loose shadows by MAC and  Japanese brand called Canmake. I tend to prefer pinks, purples, and browns for my eye shadow. 

Okay, background aside, let's get to the Haus Labs Glam Room No. 1 Palette review. First off, the packaging is not cheap. The top has the pyramid shape like the rest of their products, and the plastic case is heavier than it looks. It doesn't look or feel like a cheap drugstore palette at all. The color names are labeled on the bottom of the case.

I have used the palette twice now, yesterday and today. I swatched all of the colors on my arm. I didn't feel there was a problem with the pigmentation, but I noticed that the off-white color was hard to see. I think this is because it's nearly the same color as my skin (I am very pale). I first applied a brownish/mauvish color to my eyes. I like that it went on lighter than the color in the palette because I prefer subtler looks, but I found applying twice made it look the same shade as what's in the palette. Perhaps some people prefer super bold pigments right out of the palette, but I prefer something that's buildable. Today, I ended up making it too dark (for me), so I applied the off-white color over it, and it blended into it and made the color more subdued, but it did not make my lid white – again, I loved this, because it makes it easier to fix mistakes. Next, I mixed together two of the purple colors and applied them. The product applies well and blends like a dream. I didn't have any issue with fall-out. I noticed one of the YouTubers had a problem with fall-out after packing on a lot of heavy black shadow; maybe that technique and the brush he was using just don't work well with this product. I use a light touch and was using a blending brush and was extremely happy with the results. 

Now, because I also received four (I have no self control) of the new metallic creme Glam Attacks with my order, I couldn't refrain from applying  a Glam Attack over the shadow, but it certainly didn't need it – my eyes looked lovely without it. But I love me some Glam Attacks, so on they went (Angel Baby & Glamour Puss). 

I think the colors are actually good for an everyday use palette, and the palette is travel-size. I have most of those colors in other palettes, but not all together in one palette, so the is very handy for me. I believe you could create bold looks with this if you wanted to. 

I think the people who don't like the product (and aren't just dissing it because they want new music) have different expectations for eyeshadow, which is fine. Like I said above, I have the Norvina palette for Enigma, and while the colors are fun and bold, the palette is so highly pigmented that the shadows are unforgiving and not easy to blend. The first time I played around with it, I looked like a Peking opera mask. I guess this Haus Labs palette is for people who are more my speed, which probably isn't influencers on YouTube. I will definitely get a lot of mileage out of it and look forward to the other palettes. 

Whiskey Eye-Lie-Ner

By far my favorite product that came in my order, however, is this new chocolate-brown eyeliner. I already love the black eyeliner (in Punk), but sometimes black eyeliner feels too harsh for my face – my Scandinavian features are strong, and I have pale skin with pink undertones and icy blue eyes. In the past, I usually used purple or brown eyeliners (usually by dipping an eyeliner brush into a dark shadow). I've been loving the black Eye-Lie-Ner because it applies so smoothly, but I am over the moon about the brown one. It applies just as smoothly and easily, but the shade is much more suitable for my coloring. I don't apply a thick line, so it doesn't even look brown – it looks more like a soft dark color on me. Of course, now I need to buy the Haus of Whiskey products to complete this look, and better buy a set for my sister as a  Christmas present since she also looks good in these colors! 

Risqué Brow and Lash Sparkle Topper

As the name implies, this product is  a topper for brows and lashes that's supposed to be glittery. This was my most disappointing purchase. The spoolie is thin and tiny, and the product just seems like black mascara. I shook the bottle but didn't find any glitter. I applied it over my lashes (which already had mascara on them), and they just looked a little bit darker. I did not apply it on my brows because I don't make my brows black (it would be too jarring with my complexion). I bought this thinking it'd be great for holiday parties and Enigma and Jazz & Piano. I'll give it another good shake as maybe the glitter is all settled at the bottom, but this is the first Haus Labs product that has truly disappointed me. 

Sparkle Lipstick

I don't wear bright red lipstick. It's just not me. But I thought, what the hell, why not? What do I have to lose? I was doubtful and was certain that I'd end up looking like a vicious trollop (Gilmore Girls reference here). Much to my amazement, I f*cking rocked this red lipstick. Somehow, I looked fabulous in it, like I too could be a bad '90s boss bitch like Gaga. Now I just need to work on the 90s hair she has going on in the promo. 

Other Glam Attacks

I also received Angel Baby, Glamour Puss, Gunmetal, and Retro Glam Attacks. I love them! I have a Glam Attack addiction. 

TL;DR: Haus Labs should just declare me as an investor at this point. LG6 better come soon, because I can't keep buying all these new products. 

She/Her/Hers

gagasicebath

Thanks @KillerMonster and @Franch Toast for the reviews, it's great to hear you're liking the palette. Mine is on the way (along with the Rye and Flash Glam Attacks, which accidentally fell into my basket....), so I'm looking forward to testing them all out.

Same on the Sparkle Lipstick...I yelled at myself after I ordered it because I was sure the red would not work on me, so it was a very pleasant surprise that it does!

Franch Toast
20 minutes ago, gagasicebath said:

Thanks @KillerMonster and @Franch Toast for the reviews, it's great to hear you're liking the palette. Mine is on the way (along with the Rye and Flash Glam Attacks, which accidentally fell into my basket....), so I'm looking forward to testing them all out.

Same on the Sparkle Lipstick...I yelled at myself after I ordered it because I was sure the red would not work on me, so it was a very pleasant surprise that it does!

Isn't it funny how these products just fall into your basket? I mean, how does that happen?

Glad the Sparkle Lipstick worked well for you too! 

She/Her/Hers

Archived