other

Halsey samples Gaga in new single

Swallow

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

It's not sampled, but the melody is a little similar to You and I.

This the first time I've heard the song, and I think this is one of the few songs from her that I do like.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Economy
15 minutes ago, Keanu Reeves said:

they just sound similar

16 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

It's sung the same way and the music is similar but might be coincidence?

This! It's not the exact same and therefore not a sample

Yeah it's simmilar just like So Happy I could die sounds even more simmilar to pocket full of sunshine

Simmilarities will happen. This is not that bad, it's only on a little part too

Daylight Jokers

No credit means she didn't sample it. They don't even sound the same that much.

9 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

But didn’t Gaga sample Queen’s song for You And I? So if Halsey did, then she sampled the same Queen song.. 

Gaga only sampled the drums.

The song sounds really similar to a lot of songs. You & I, The Only Exception, Johnny & June, Don't You Wanna Stay... I'm sure there's more. It's a very generic sound.

My name isn't Timmers

TropicOfCANCER
1 hour ago, ReginaGeorge said:

But didn’t Gaga sample Queen’s song for You And I? So if Halsey did, then she sampled the same Queen song.. 

1 hour ago, Enzo said:

We Will Rock You if anything 

Y’all realize that gaga didn’t sample a melody, but only the clap  of the background if we will rock you? Halseys does NOT contain that element. 

anyway, I definitely hear it. 

Roboboy

Everytime she releases I remind people that she called me a bitch on twitter. I wear it with pride.

Grigio Guy

If anything, this sounds like “When I was Your Man” by Bruno Mars. That was like cut and paste melody, IMO.

Religion is a product to sell.

beaublue

I def hear it in the verses. It’s melody is structured the same way as You & I’s verse melodies.

PartySick
1 hour ago, ReginaGeorge said:

She sampled the drums from We Will Rock You because she had Brian May (queen's guitarist) on the track :rockstar:

OT: Well it was a lie but this is the first Halsey song I've listened to and liked so you accomplished something :vegas:

Brb, liking this song on Spotify :vegas:

đŸ–€

Suspiria
1 hour ago, Timmers said:

The song sounds really similar to a lot of songs. You & I, The Only Exception, Johnny & June, Don't You Wanna Stay... I'm sure there's more. It's a very generic sound.

The more the song went on the more songs I heard lmao.

Must be so hard to write a song nowadays worrying about plagiarism considering pretty much every melody has already been written.

Archived