💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

2 new reddit threads about HL

Adakam

Featured Posts

I guess most of you will dismiss this as HaTeRz, but for those open minded enough to realize that the market isnt embracing HL, some interesting points are raised on those threads,

On the ones about her comments on the color variety, basically noone bought her explanation, and theyre saying that it still doesnt justify selling a color selection that you can get with any other brand for cheaper prices. And people are rolling their eyes at her compassion/self love message, specially because of her Amazon deal.

And about Nikki's video, many are saying that the formula looks really bad and patchy and that Gaga "in QVC" mode feels fake and forced.

I know therell be a weirdo or two that say that I made this thread "beCaUsE i WaNt gAgA tO fAiL", which couldnt be further from the truth, I want her to succeed, to do better than Fenty (her most similar competition), and than Jeffree Star (king of the industry), but at this rate, I dont see HL getting there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edonis
2 minutes ago, Adakam said:

And about Nikki's video, many are saying that the formula looks really bad and patchy and that Gaga "in QVC" mode feels fake and forced.

I actually felt the opposite. That interview felt very 2011/early BTW era-ish to me. In her speaking style and choice of words. I guess everyone has their own interpretation, but it seemed sincere to me. 

Stephen

You have to realize that a LOT of people who would take the time to write comments in beauty subreddits are homosexuals and homosexuals adjacent, who probably already have an opinion of LG and will use any excuse (however valid it may be) as an opportunity to criticize her. Who cares what they say. For every hater there’s 1000 fans. It does not matter. Gaga will stay wealthy and release makeup as long as she wants to.

7 minutes ago, Adakam said:

do better than Fenty

That door slammed shut the minute she signed a contract with Amazon and didn't do everything she could to get her product in Sephora imho. The demographic that buys their makeup from Sephora matches HLs targeted demographic (economically) much better than the demographic that orders their makeup from Amazon

Dukttape
13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

You have to realize that a LOT of people who would take the time to write comments in beauty subreddits are homosexuals and homosexuals adjacent, who probably already have an opinion of LG and will use any excuse (however valid it may be) as an opportunity to criticize her. Who cares what they say. For every hater there’s 1000 fans. It does not matter. Gaga will stay wealthy and release makeup as long as she wants to.

Translation: "I didn't read those threads but that doesn't matter because they're all haters and they're wrong nanny nanny boo boo."

Glamourpuss

I've seen nothing but praise for Haus Labs from the fans on GGD who have bought the makeup, myself included. I never see any negativity like on these Reddit threads. :noparty:

The business is new and it's doing well and there is time for the products to improve. Gaga is proud of HL and seems to be really happy these days. 

I try not to pay attention to the negativity with HL because there are always going to be haters and it seems like people want a reason to drag Gaga for going into the beauty industry. 

Dukttape
12 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

That door slammed shut the minute she signed a contract with Amazon and didn't do everything she could to get her product in Sephora imho. The demographic that buys their makeup from Sephora matches HLs targeted demographic (economically) much better than the demographic that orders their makeup from Amazon

The Amazon thing still *reeeeally* baffles me. They went for a distributor that would be most beneficial for the lowest common denominator instead of one that would give the brand more legitimacy.

Glamourpuss
14 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

I think she wanted to do something new because she likes to be innovative and do things differently. So I think that's why she chose Amazon. It wouldn't surprise me if she was aiming to open her own chain of beauty stores in the future. 

SeasonOfTheWitch

I don’t come to GGD to hear the opinions of people on Reddit. And that’s on period love 

Jennie Kim

Haus Labs is such a non event in the beauty industry that is hard to imagine it even being a thing a year from now.

Every aspect of it is relying solely on Gaga's star power but it won't be enough to keep this business going. 

To be completely honest, as long as Gaga keeps mixing business with friendship, every project she decides to launch from now on is likely to fail.  I won't be shocked if she releases a Wig line by Lady Gaga and Frederic Aspiras in the future.

And my statement above applies to her music career as well, we all saw the decline in quality when she stopped hiring real directors to direct her videos, professional choreographers...

Marilyn MonHoe

Wow you became so triggered at my comment that you had to go and make a thread about it.

My impact! :vegas:

Gagaloo911

K

17 minutes ago, Kara Brasil said:

Haus Labs is such a non event in the beauty industry that is hard to imagine it even being a thing a year from now.

Every aspect of it is relying solely on Gaga's star power but it won't be enough to keep this business going. 

To be completely honest, as long as Gaga keeps mixing business with friendship, every project she decides to launch from now on is likely to fail.  I won't be shocked if she releases a Wig line by Lady Gaga and Frederic Aspiras in the future.

And my statement above applies to her music career as well, we all saw the decline in quality when she stopped hiring real directors to direct her videos, professional choreographers...

K

tenor.gif

thank you next kris jenner GIF by Ariana Grande

13 minutes ago, Kara Brasil said:

To be completely honest, as long as Gaga keeps mixing business with friendship, every project she decides to launch from now on is likely to fail. I won't be shocked if she releases a Wig line by Lady Gaga and Frederic Aspiras in the future.

I would love to show you the receipts, but why bother when you make "honest" comments like this? :ladyhaha:

Sickness
38 minutes ago, Adakam said:

And people are rolling their eyes at her compassion/self love message

Honestly I felt the same way while watching that video. The first 2 times it was okay, part of the Lady Gaga brand. But when Nikkie kept asking technical, tangible questions about Haus Labs, "we're kind :)" was her only response like... if we're not gonna play Mother Monster in 2019, can we separate business from motherhood for a bit? :oprah:

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived