NY might ban “Virginity tests” after T.I. commentary

Featured Posts

Andreu

how was this legal to begin with :air:

soundcloud.com/andreusongs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Talenti

What that rat is doing to his daughter is illegal:triggered: he’s coercing her to reveal her results despite being allowed to have confidentiality:triggered:

His son lost his virginity at 15 why doesn’t he care about that? He’s a despicable misogynist and what he forced her to do all these years is disgusting and weird. And nobody is checking about the fact that this man is sleeping around and cheating on his wife as if he has anything to say on who or when his daughter should be having sex:rip: gtfo sir:rip:

Happy Holidays fatties luv u xx stream 8 Days Of Christmas🎁
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 10

AlexanderMagno

Virginity tests are of course incredibly controversial and unethical, but I work in Health Sciences and I didn't even know these tests were performed in so-called "developed" countries.

I'm thinking that this is far more sensationalist than it really is. Yes, these tests should be banned, but I assume it's almost impossible to find a doctor who will do it anyway :rip: T.I. is certainly paying a lot for one particularly special, probably only-for-celebrities, gynecologist.

• Like 2

BuddyDoodle

Yay!! :heart: I don't even live in NY but I'm happy that there's something being done about this. Some people like TI shouldn't even have kids. The daughter deserves freedom as an adult, she's like 18, right?

That's so you, that's so me, that's so us <3

StarstruckIllusion
40 minutes ago, Talenti said:

What that rat is doing to his daughter is illegal:triggered: he’s coercing her to reveal her results despite being allowed to have confidentiality:triggered:

His son lost his virginity at 15 why doesn’t he care about that? He’s a despicable misogynist and what he forced her to do all these years is disgusting and weird. And nobody is checking about the fact that this man is sleeping around and cheating on his wife as if he has anything to say on who or when his daughter should be having sex:rip: gtfo sir:rip:

T.I. is a super delusional person 🤢🤢

• Thanks 1

Sarah H

They shouldn't have ever been a thing in the first place! Unbelievable. 

Edited by Sarah H

the Devil of Pop
21 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Virginity tests are of course incredibly controversial and unethical, but I work in Health Sciences and I didn't even know these tests were performed in so-called "developed" countries.

I'm thinking that this is far more sensationalist than it really is. Yes, these tests should be banned, but I assume it's almost impossible to find a doctor who will do it anyway :rip: T.I. is certainly paying a lot for one particularly special, probably only-for-celebrities, gynecologist.

Hey, I value your perspective as an industry insider. But just saying, it's a common way to sweep sexual assault under the rug to say "Well I don't notice it so it must only happen exceptionally."  Surprisingly, gynos do perform this procedure pretty regularly. From the article:

A 2016 survey of 288 doctors found that one in 10 had treated patients who requested virginity tests in the previous 12 months.

I mean, I assume a patient would never request a virginity test... for herself... cuz she would know, right? 

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Like 1

AlexanderMagno
1 minute ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Hey, I value your perspective as an industry insider. But just saying, it's a common way to sweep sexual assault under the rug to say "Well I don't notice it so it must only happen exceptionally."  Surprisingly, gynos do perform this procedure pretty regularly. From the article:

I mean, I assume a patient would never request a virginity test... for herself... cuz she would know, right? 

Again, I didn't say it shouldn't be banned. Of course, it shouldn't be performed. 

I'm from Europe and the reality is much, much different from the USA (people don't really have this idea, but it's true, we are two different worlds, even more when we talk about Health). I'm not saying there are no virginity tests in Europe, I'm just saying that my perception about the USA reality might be wrong indeed (the T.I. controversy and that survey are from the USA).

About the survey: it tells us that patients require virginity tests. A patient might request this examination in one situation: sexual assault. Because so many women are raped at a young age and want to make sure if they are still virgins (unfortunately they lose it), and virginity is much more symbolic, and physical, for a woman. Given that the USA has high rates for sexual assault, I'm not surprised that there are patients who require a virginity test. Rape is a very delicate situation. Would I perform this kind of examination in these situations? No, because it's almost certain that the woman lost her virginity.

But if you read the scientific publication, you will find out that only 10 of those 288 doctors (3,5%!) performed the examination. Not 1 in 10, that is the number of doctors that are requested. Only 0,3 in 10 do it.

And 3 doctors performed virginity restoration: which makes me think, once again, that these women who request the virginity test might be rape victims and are willing to restore it.

Of course there might be more T.I. situations in the USA, but it truly is the exception, I want to believe.

Doctors have an Ethical Code, and people should not forget that this Code is, in the doctors' case, as important and powerful as the Law.

SamanthaC

As they should.  I didn't even know about it until I watched this video.  There is so much wrong with this.

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Economy

I do think they should remain legal for crime case investigations tho... For example if a man is accused of rapping his 12 year old daughter :shrug:

But then again, these tests aren't 100% accurate and even basic things like masturbation or sports can cause an innacurste test so...

Maybe nvm. I dunno :madge:

Diamonster
14 minutes ago, Economy said:

I do think they should remain legal for crime case investigations tho... For example if a man is accused of rapping his 12 year old daughter :shrug:

I don't know a lot about it, but I'm sure if a girl was getting raped, she'd have other things that'd show she was being raped, like scarring or something? which they'd look for in just a check up of her when investigating, not a "virginity" test, but again I don't know a lot

• Like 1

Economy
3 minutes ago, Diamonster said:

I don't know a lot about it, but I'm sure if a girl was getting raped, she'd have other things that'd show she was being raped, like scarring or something? which they'd look for in just a check up of her when investigating, not a "virginity" test, but again I don't know a lot

Not sure if it could be tested that way... Unless it was very rough and stuff, sex doesn't necessarily leave scaring even in rape so absense of it wouldn't prove a rape didn't happen

I dunno these tests in general are not perfectly accurate. Only if semen and sperm is found inside and they can DNA match it, only then can they confirm intercourse occured

Lilmonzter

TI is such ignorant misogynistic ass:nails:

We are here. We're Queer. Get used to it.

Vitleysingur

They wouldn't let her father test her virginity, poor thing.

Spoiler

:selena: If you know, you know.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.
  • LMAO 2