Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Biden slams Buttigieg, says he doesn't need Obama's endorsement

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

EMMETSBURG, Iowa — Former Vice President Joe Biden on Monday said he didn’t need Barack Obama’s endorsement in the Democratic primary, even if the field were down to three people.

Biden reiterated that he asked Obama not to endorse him, and he stuck by that stance even when asked whether he’d want Obama’s backing if the field narrowed to three people.

“No, because everyone knows I’m close with him,” Biden said. “I don’t need an Obama endorsement.”

Biden was asked about a POLITICO Magazine article that recently reported how Obama had confided in another candidate that his former vice president “really doesn’t have it” when it comes to an intimate connection with voters.

“He may have said that. And if it’s true, and he said it, there’s truth to it,” Biden acknowledged on Monday before saying that he has “mostly campaigned for other people in the time I’ve been here. And I’ve never been in a position seeking the nomination where I have had the money and the organization to be able to get open headquarters all over the state.”

Biden lamented media coverage that he said initially dismissed the durability of his candidacy because he was too moderate and didn‘t embrace policies like Medicare for All. Biden said the field was now moving closer to his views and away from the left. When asked whether he unintentionally set the stage for Buttigieg, who is leading in the polls in Iowa, Biden grew animated.

Set it up? He stole it! Set it up?” Biden said of the mayor of South Bend, Ind.

When asked whether Buttigieg now had the enthusiasm and the moderate positioning, he again scoffed. “No, he doesn’t have the enthusiasm and the moderate — moderate plan. It’s the Biden plan.”

The former vice president then accused the media of going too easy on Buttigieg, saying his opponent had once supported a more liberal health care plan but then pivoted. Buttigieg embraces a plan he calls “Medicare for All Who Want It,“ and he has advertised heavily in Iowa and other early-voting states on that proposal.

Biden contended that if he had supported one plan then shifted toward another plan that looked like that of an opponent‘s, the media would have shown him no mercy.

"What would you have done to me? You would have torn my ears off," Biden told reporters. "I would be a plagiarizing, no good, old man who did bum bum bum.”

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/02/biden-obama-endorsement-074856

Edited by Morphine Prince
Thought I could fly, so I stepped off the Golden
  • LMAO 4

PartySick

We need to collectively hire someone to travel to all his events and interviews with an "Ok, boomer" sign :sure:

#KeepAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 5

PunkTheFunk
47 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

"What would you have done to me? You would have torn my ears off," Biden told reporters. "I would be a plagiarizing, no good, old man who did bum bum bum.”

Literally wtf is this :deadbanana:

#Marianne2020
  • LMAO 10

Musicnotthebling

When did everyone become so unprofessional, theatrical, and outlandish. These candidates are running for what is supposed to one of the most professional positions in the country and world. No matter what party they are a part of, they all act like this. 

What happened to just being normal? :saladga:

Edited by Musicnotthebling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Economy
On 12/3/2019 at 2:27 PM, Musicnotthebling said:

When did everyone become so unprofessional, theatrical, and outlandish. These candidates are running for what is supposed to one of the most professional positions in the country and world. No matter what party they are a part of, they all act like this. 

I honestly don't know... I have two citizenships (Portuguese and Canadian)... Ive lived in both and I follow news and politics from both a lot

As a economy interested person to some extent I follow other nations as well

The US is the only major Nation I know of that has such comical and unprofessional people in politics :rip:

Every country has exceptions. Here in Canada Toronto's old mayor (Rob Ford) was arguably even more unprofessional than Trump if u can believe it (proof in short video below, I suggest you whatch ull actually laugh :air:)

But that's an exception not the rule... Generally speaking the US is the only place with so much goofiness and I think it's because more variety of ppl can run. In most countries parties select a professional candidate to represent the party where as the way it works in the US, people who wouldn't make it into politics in other nations manage to in the US

• LMAO 1

ltlmnstr
On 12/3/2019 at 1:27 PM, Musicnotthebling said:

What happened to just being normal? 

Someone didn’t live through Bush 2004 election

• Thanks 1

Musicnotthebling
14 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

Someone didn’t live through Bush 2004 election

No, I certainly remember that craziness. It just seems like everyone has just gotten crazier. 

I expect a certain level of composure, especially with people running for president. I didn’t like Bush, but I respected how each president who attended the hurricane fundraiser put their differences aside and acted as they should.

ltlmnstr
3 minutes ago, Musicnotthebling said:

No, I certainly remember that craziness. It just seems like everyone has just gotten crazier. 

I expect a certain level of composure, especially with people running for president. I didn’t like Bush, but I respected how each president who attended the hurricane fundraiser put their differences aside and acted as they should.

I’m sorry but if you remember Bush but don’t remember the Tea Party and people carrying lynched dolls of obama. Literally nooses. At tea party rallys.

Biden saying this about Pete is nothing. This is barely craziness.

• Thanks 1

Musicnotthebling
4 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

I’m sorry but if you remember Bush but don’t remember the Tea Party and people carrying lynched dolls of obama. Literally nooses. At tea party rallys.

Biden saying this about Pete is nothing. This is barely craziness.

I definitely agree. This is nothing compared to what has happened, but I’m sure that you agree a person running for president should act with composure.

I guess politics has always been like this. Social media just amplifies it. 

En_Sabah_Nur
On 12/3/2019 at 2:27 PM, Musicnotthebling said:

Pleaseeee TRUMP is in office right now - SMH!  :fail:

Egypt. W
  • Like 1

Musicnotthebling
1 minute ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Pleaseeee TRUMP is in office right now - SMH!  :fail:

This statement also applies to Trump and the last few years.  :ally: 

• Thanks 1

En_Sabah_Nur
36 minutes ago, Economy said:

I honestly don't know... I have two citizenships (Portuguese and Canadian)... Ive lived in both and I follow news and politics from both a lot

As a economy interested person to some extent I follow other nations as well

The US is the only major Nation I know of that has such comical and unprofessional people in politics :rip:

Every country has exceptions. Here in Canada Toronto's old mayor (Rob Ford) was arguably even more unprofessional than Trump if u can believe it (proof in short video below, I suggest you whatch ull actually laugh :air:)

But that's an exception not the rule... Generally speaking the US is the only place with so much goofiness and I think it's because more variety of ppl can run. In most countries parties select a professional candidate to represent the party where as the way it works in the US, people who wouldn't make it into politics in other nations manage to in the US

Every time I would see Ford on TV I would LOL & be like Canada what are ya doing?!?!  😂😂😂

Egypt. W

Economy
8 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Every time I would see Ford on TV I would LOL & be like Canada what are ya doing?!?!  😂😂😂

His brother is the premier of Ontario now and everyone hated him :triggered:

Just today while driving I saw protesters with signs against his cuts lmao

But that has more to do with controversial political decisions and hard measures...

His brother Rob Ford was a real nut case tho. I can't believe someone like that was running Toronto. 

He was on the news like everyday... Sometimes for just everyday wreklessness like eating while driving other times for more serious stuff but regardless he was always doing stuff that got himself in the media grilling :selena:

Edit: he's dead tho so I'll give him the respects regardless of his incompetency (in terms of being professional) and say may he rest in peace!

Edited by Economy

ltlmnstr
14 minutes ago, Musicnotthebling said:

I definitely agree. This is nothing compared to what has happened, but I’m sure that you agree a person running for president should act with composure.

I guess politics has always been like this. Social media just amplifies it. 

Everything changes with Trump.

I’m surprised candidates of all parties didn’t just copy Trump’s style and take it one step further with actually calling each other slurs.

Well...we will see post primary...

• Like 1