💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

What do you think about Michael jordan playing super man

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde

So it has been reported that Michael B Jordan has been meeting with producers to  to pitch new ideas regarding the new man of steel,  which includes him playing the role. What do y'all think about this?

I thinks its a terrible idea personally, superman has been here for such a long time . he has a look and aesthetic and Michael jordan simply does not have that.

RAMROD

Depends on what Earth they are trying to adapt on this reboot. DC Universe got lots of alternate universe, the way MCU does. 

Earth 2: Val Zod

main-qimg-0778a6cb33247c121a7ac9a7830c3a

Earth 23:

Kal-El, aka Calvin Ellis

president-superman.jpg 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Terrible and not just because I don't like his acting. The Superman character is who he is because he's white. He's allowed to operate as he does because he is white. The new Watchmen tv show sort of addresses this with regards to Hooded Justice. Whiteness is intrinsic to how Superman functions so you'd have to erase MBJ's race if he were to be Kal-El and THAT'S problematic af. The same as Peter Parker not being able to be black; he wouldn't be the same guy. His growing up white shaped his personality for better or worse so you can't just swap a race.

Now, if MBJ *isn't* Kal-El then it is a totally different story and is perfectly possible. I still don't like the idea of "black superman! lady thor!" because it feels patronizing, but if it's the Miles Morales route where the Superman title becomes a mantle of sorts for different characters the inhabit then I could possibly get behind it. Basically, if it doesn't feel cheap and exploitative then I'd be down.

This shallow fake kind of diversity is what I dont like. Hollywood should create real diversity, not things like this. Diversity should also be on who works on the movies, not just the main character.

RenegAde
3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

This shallow fake kind of diversity is what I dont like. Hollywood should create real diversity, not things like this. Diversity should also be on who works on the movies, not just the main character.

Apparently Michael jordan is the one really pushing for this to happen 

DeanWinchester

Why is it that when hollywood promotes "diversity" it's almost always black and not latinx, asians or native americans? :enigma:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Daylight Jokers
10 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Why is it that when hollywood promotes "diversity" it's almost always black and not latinx, asians or native americans? :enigma:

Films may now be in HD but Hollywood is still in black and white.

What is cool about comics is that there's always an alternative story with a different kind a perspective of the character, even the color of their skin.

He's an alien, he grew up as a white American because he was found by white Americans, but he's NOT white American, he's a Kryptonian.

They could rewrite that he has been found by an Afro-American family and people would still complain..

This obsession with the "original story" with comics characters is annoying, especially when it comes from people who never read the comics and has no clue about the alternative stories.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

sampool
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

president-superman.jpg 

Off topic but Aquawoman looks like Madonna.

OT: Superman isn’t a good live action character anyway, regardless who plays him, they made him too powerful to the point people couldn’t relate to him. He’s the vanilla ice cream of superheroes, very recognizable but nobody’s favorite.

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, sampool said:

Off topic but Aquawoman looks like Madonna.

Probably from the angle/shading. She is from Earth 11 tho. The gender swap alternate.

Wonder Woman is now Wondrous Man. :fan:

e44.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I think you know... in the Antiquity, Egyptians were black people and we tend to represent 'em way lighter. Hum.... I mean... There is just no problem with changing the face of a superhero. It's just fiction, it's not supposed to do no harm, and considering our civilisation it's also a good way to empower young kids so it's great. It's absolutely not a problem, it's not even that bold, it's just something that companies do now looking for new marketing strategies (but it's also fine for black people, culture owes them even more)

hello hello baby.

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Terrible and not just because I don't like his acting. The Superman character is who he is because he's white. He's allowed to operate as he does because he is white. The new Watchmen tv show sort of addresses this with regards to Hooded Justice. Whiteness is intrinsic to how Superman functions so you'd have to erase MBJ's race if he were to be Kal-El and THAT'S problematic af. The same as Peter Parker not being able to be black; he wouldn't be the same guy. His growing up white shaped his personality for better or worse so you can't just swap a race.

Now, if MBJ *isn't* Kal-El then it is a totally different story and is perfectly possible. I still don't like the idea of "black superman! lady thor!" because it feels patronizing, but if it's the Miles Morales route where the Superman title becomes a mantle of sorts for different characters the inhabit then I could possibly get behind it. Basically, if it doesn't feel cheap and exploitative then I'd be down.

come on it's fiction. For better or worse you can't even fly or X-ray stare at people.

Open your heart and don't be that conservative. 

hello hello baby.

yes and
6 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

True, but latins, asians and native americans are considered as white people at some point, so that's why. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived