Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Haus Labs palette PANNED on reddit

Supersonic

Featured Posts

MessyTop
10 minutes ago, SKANK said:

"I tried to sell myself, but I am really laughing because i just love the music, not the bling". She wasn't lying when she said she didn't remember ARTPOP. :lolga:

Yeah. And who will remember her crappy make up in 10 years!? Nobody. Her legacy is music and art. In 10 years we will be talking about her music, not her make up or the ARTPOP app 🤪

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all need to stop treating her like a piece of sh*t. She's allowed to do whatever she wants that makes her happy. 

You don't have to purchase it, but saying she should only make music to appease you simply makes you look like an asshole. 

10 minutes ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

Yeah. And who will remember her crappy make up in 10 years!? Nobody. Her legacy is music and art. In 10 years we will be talking about her music, not her make up or the ARTPOP app 🤪

You might be right, that no one will remember Gaga putting her name on a toothbrush or redundant make up pallet, but I think things like this do put small dents in her legacy. Patti Smith was given the great advice by William Burroughs to protect her name. I wish Gaga would do a little more of that.

In spite of what some over zealous fans on GGD might want you to believe, no one thinks Gaga is a "piece of ****" for doing Haus Labs, but there are legitimate reasons to be critical of the project.

Hopefully LG6's lead single, Spatchcock, comes soon so we can all forget about lip gloss.

Franch Toast

First off, this is a leak of ONE palette that hasn’t even been released officially. Perhaps the other palettes will be bolder. Also, for those of us who use makeup daily, sometimes a “basic” palette with a couple of bold colors is just what we need.

She/Her/Hers

Some of them are a little rude, but the main point of "it's pretty, and decent quality, but it's Gaga so we expected more" is honestly really valid.

3 points in and ready for more

4 hours ago, Doot said:

So sit and wait for that like a normal person instead of choosing to bitch and complain about something you aren't interested in. 

Absolutely no one should be validating you for being ridiculously negative for no reason. 

i can voice my opinion on my fav artist.

i think its a ridiculous endeavor.

1 hour ago, SKANK said:

You might be right, that no one will remember Gaga putting her name on a toothbrush or redundant make up pallet, but I think things like this do put small dents in her legacy. Patti Smith was given the great advice by William Burroughs to protect her name. I wish Gaga would do a little more of that.

In spite of what some over zealous fans on GGD might want you to believe, no one thinks Gaga is a "piece of ****" for doing Haus Labs, but there are legitimate reasons to be critical of the project.

Hopefully LG6's lead single, Spatchcock, comes soon so we can all forget about lip gloss.

You can @ me next time. :huntyga:

13 minutes ago, Fish said:

i can voice my opinion on my fav artist.

i think its a ridiculous endeavor.

And just like you can voice your opinion on what you think, we can all voice our opinion on what you think. 

🥂

19 minutes ago, Miel said:

Some of them are a little rude, but the main point of "it's pretty, and decent quality, but it's Gaga so we expected more" is honestly really valid.

Yes but half of those comments are expecting "more from someone who wore a meatdress in 2010",

Do people need a calendar?

She hasn't been overly avant garde or crazy on the regular in years. 

ChristianVolden
12 hours ago, ChristianVolden said:

tbh.. how often do we see gaga witch crazy coloured makeup? 

with** 

Gagaplayer315

Y'all are really that bothered by this makeup you claim not to care about 

pathetic the little mermaid GIF

15 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

1) If it was gagaesque as they expected they would say: "Sorry but that's not wearable... It's fine on gaga cause it's gaga but I'm not going out in the streets with that on my face!". :D

2) If it was gagaesque 90% of the GP would have been like "OKAY NOT FOR ME".
Here she starts making everybody feel calm about her line with regular products then she give the crazy stuffs away for the ones who want it.

Hide contents

They bash her but they don't see how smart she is! :D

Literally no one would have said that if the first secnario happened. 

The biggest makeup influencer rn is Jeffree Star and his brand is all about bright colours that are mostly unwearable for beige people.

ALSO there is a way of making some neutral shades with some effort in it. Everything about this palette is cheap. Why is it all black? If you can't do interesting makeup can you at least make some interesting packaging? Why is the name of the palette literally the most generic, unpersonal boring thing you could find?! 

It's just so weird and offputting how a "faceless" brand like... idk, Tarte, has more personnality in their shade names, palette designs, etc. than a brand that revolves around a huge excentric popstar :oprah:

Fenty is perfect for a brand. It truly made an impact on the industry, is relevant, is quality, and it looks good. Yet it's not some bright colours. It's foundation and some mostly neutral palettes. But at least the palettes have some cute packaging, some themes, some... inspiration

It's so bothering how tacky and boring the Haus Labs packaging is. This is GAGA and the best she could do for her brand was all black packaging with a white Arial font ?!

And it's a shame because the products (Well, the Glam Attacks at least) are actually good. 

5 hours ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

Aint nobody got time for avant garde make up. The GP wants a wearable palette. The everyday use make up!city girl period GIF

Then why is Jeffree Star one of the biggest influencers with a business worth plenty of millions based on rainbow palettes and blue highlighters worth 50$ ? :oprah:

Artistic makeup is bigger now than ever and has even became a daily wear thing thanks to Instagram trends.

There are PLENTY of bold colorful brands making BANK.

Also it's sad to see y'all are just happy that she gives up on her artistry to pander to the GP for a few cheap bucks.

Also also there are ways to do wearable palettes that are cohesive, look cute and are refreshing. Anastasia Beverly Hills exists.

This whole brand is a knockoff version of Path McGrath labs.

It's honestly depressing to see everyone get caught in their admiration for Gaga and not being able how messy this brand is on many levels.

Guillaume Hamon
16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Literally no one would have said that if the first secnario happened. 

The biggest makeup influencer rn is Jeffree Star and his brand is all about bright colours that are mostly unwearable for beige people.

In  my opinion the big majority of the make up fans don't want crazy palette so many would say that I believe. :)

And he's the biggest cause he's one of the rare famous big brand who super frankly went for colors. He took the niche and he's famous for that and mainly for doing it with a great quality cause other famous "crazy colors brand" don't always have the quality.

I mean maybe you could surely find many other good quality over the top palettes but I'm talking about the famous brands, the ones that the GP knows about and think about.

So to me his success doesn't really mean crazy colors are globally super loved. His strategy paid cause it wasn't crowded there and cause he did it well but overall I think going eccentric make many people go away globally.

Guillaume Hamon
8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It's honestly depressing to see everyone get caught in their admiration for Gaga and not being able how messy this brand is on many levels.

Dude don't be depressed over that! ;) Folks here care for gaga's music and wait for the HL launch era to be done for LG6 to come it seems so that's why they don't expect so much from gaga as a beauty entrepreneur.

Archived