💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

"Will 2020 Be Katy Perry's Year?"

COOOK

Featured Posts

So after watching the ARTPOP analysis from this thread I went to the channel that made that video and saw this one about Katy Perry, where they explain Witness' fall:

It's a very polite take on what happened and shows an insight into her struggles that I never knew were that deep during that era. Then there's this new video about how 2019 has been to her. I know we've all been knew and have been following her and whatever but to me and my OCD brain these videos tidy up everything from the end of Prism, up to HIH. The video ends on a high note with nice advice and suggested strategies for her to gain public engagement once again.

What are your thoughts on this, and what are your theories and hopes for what 2020 holds in store for Katy?

Evan Peters

If she actually revamps her image then yeah, she could have some success again. It seems that neither her nor her team are committed to that tho. 

emma roberts is an abuser

FfFfFfFF

She won't regain the GP regardless of any strategies. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve a share of success but everything she released underformed harder and harder. People moved on from her at this point, frankly.

Guillaume Hamon

To me she can "only" be good at singing pop/ pop rock/ folk/ ballad/ country. Any other genre wouldn't suit her vocal style  or would be too demanding for her vocal skills imo.

Since that's not really the trendy genres now except for pop rock after shallow/sucker went #1  I guess a pop rock track à la I kissed a girl could be the way to make her get a hit again.

I think she also shouldn't go for the "political katy perry" promo speech cause it kinda looked like a gimmick... She should just place it in her art and let it speaks for itself.

ssslyboy

The guy discusses everything that went wrong with her recent releases but never mentions the possibility that the songs didn't connect with people because they just lack in quality. 

8 minutes ago, Runway said:

Yes she will win a Grammy in 2021 for her first jazz album, Tit To Tit :heart:

This is just great :ladyhaha:

Tbh when you compare his video analyzing ARTPOP with the Witness video you can clearly tell he's WAY more fond of Katy and pretty much biased in a way, there's much more insight on Katy's personal struggles and plus he tries to sugarcoat the commercial failure that Witness was, sure it debuted at #1, but he didn't seem to mention that witness had the biggest second week sales drop in the history of the Billboard charts.

I'll say this, Katy is never going to recover her career without major changes. To put it simply, people didnt like Witness because it felt cheesy and unauthentic, and singles like SS really hurt her image and made her the butt of a joke and with time people ultimately forgot about her. With her recent singles, yeah they're okay but people dont care about them, they don't stick. You have to make people care enough about a song to tell others about it and want to listen to it again, and to be honest, her recent music just doesnt have that quality. Listening to 365, NRO, ST and HIH, a trend I immediately notice is just how underwhelming the songs are.

You cant remain successful if you cant interest people enough to stay. 

Reject False Icons

Imagine her having the same success like Teenage Dream 10 years ago :heart: a dream literally a dream

not a french fry
1 minute ago, Reject False Icons said:

Imagine her having the same success like Teenage Dream 10 years ago :heart: a dream literally a dream

witness world wide #kpwww GIF by Katy Perry

social experiment gone wrong

Chromaticunt

It won't if she keeps releasing sub-par 2011 pop.

I truly believe her only route to a successful future as a singer is by reinventing herself entirely. New genre, new look, new style. None of the Betty Boop dressing-up shtick; just a mature singer who's pushing 40. 

Gaga reinvented herself and it worked out great. I don't know why Katy is so afraid to do it. Who is her fanbase anymore? Cos I sure as hell know my teenage nieces wouldn't be caught dead listening to her. Is she just relying on her fans from ten years ago? Gurl...

TheRealJT

She could be like Christina and find success through being a feature.  Maybe she can be on the next big Maroon 5 song 

Archived