Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift To Receive Billboard’s First-Ever Woman Of The Decade Award

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

Ryusei
1 minute ago, S0436 said:

Billboard is of course based on US chart sales, so for her to be named Woman of the Decade is fair.  She has knocked out albums consistently from 2010 to 2019.

Exactly. This one is based on charts mainly so it's indisputably her title to have. 

3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Lady Gaga? Or Katy? Or Ariana?

None of them have had as much consistency or chart success though. Ariana wasn't even around the whole decade. 

Taylor has also done a lot for other musicicans such as the apple music letter or the new deal she struck with her new label. Among many many things. Just because she isn't the #1 vocalist doesn't mean she doesn't deserve this. None of them had the amount of attendence to their tours as taylor did either... None of them had the amount of album sales... Idk to me it's very clear. 

Musery

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FameHookah
2 minutes ago, chipz said:

Such a joke. And I thought Beyonce was overrated as HELL. :bye:

Yeah i take that back

Atleast she dances and sings amazingly well + she has stage presence unlike Taylor.

WTF is MDNA

Sanne Godijn

I wish these awards would be given based on talent not numbers im not saying taylor has no talent she does have talent im not hating on taylor 

Serial Chiller

I mean, anyone who says someone else deserves it more - please name them. Remember this is Billboard - so talking about mass appeal, no one really comes close to Taylor. She consistently put out acclaimed albums that also received crazy media and fan attention. Her hits are also spread throughout this decade. 

Only Katy came close and we all know Witness happened.

Beyonce, Adele caused a storm for a year or two years and left. 

Rihanna jumped ship mid-decade for makeup. 

Gaga went under the radar pretty much the few years after ARTPOP. She can already be considered ‘back’ after the superbowl and ASIB. 

Ariana only dominated recently. 

So yeah, it’s Taylor without a doubt. 

FameHookah
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Its not just that... like when I think of Woman of the Decade, I think of the person who had the most impact. Lady Gaga really made her mark in the 2010's, yes she may not have sold as much... but she had an overall bigger impact. She then dipped with ARTPOP and came back stronger and stronger to leave the Decade on the high that was A Star Is Born.

2010s so the birth of Ariana's career and I dont need to say anymore cause she is tight at her peak right now.

Katy had a similar route to Gaga, but nobody can deny the strength of Teenage Dream and Prism, and the impact it had on the Pop/music scene. She is still recovering from her dip that was Witness but she is still a powerhouse artist. 

Yep Gaga and Bey are the closest pop stars to resemble legends like Michael and Madonna on this generation, Taylor is at Camila/Demi/Selena level in my eyes (but with more sales).

WTF is MDNA

Ryusei
Just now, FameHookah said:

Yeah i take that back

Atleast she dances and sings amazingly well + she has stage presence unlike Taylor.

You probably never even watched more than 2 random of her performances and since you're not into her music you'll automatically trash everything she does. Like why even bother? She's getting it wether you bitch about it or not. Billboard is a chart site. It's about CHARTS. Nobody else has had the chart success Taylor had this decade... End of story. And well her Tour attendence and reviews of said tours say something else than your uninformed opinion. 

Musery

xoxo Craig
Just now, IcePrincess said:

Is there Men of the decade billboard award?

Ed Sheeran probably gets that, or Drake

End Racism Now

She deserves it. One of the most ambitious popgirls to have EVER emerged who really cares about what she puts out. Her releases are events, her CD packaging is always nice with tons of things for fans (and to help sales), her tours are HUGE, her singles success is amazing considering she is one of the biggest album sales artists, amazing pure sales and good enough streaming figures (great on youtube), fabulous mvs starting from the 1989, fun artist to follow because of her constant clues / games she does with her die hard fans, engaging with fans, lots of drama lol etc..etc..etc.. she is truly this decades biggest female artist when you take account her overall success. :golfclap:

FameHookah
2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

You probably never even watched more than 2 random of her performances and since you're not into her music you'll automatically trash everything she does. Like why even bother? She's getting it wether you bitch about it or not. Billboard is a chart site. It's about CHARTS. Nobody else has had the chart success Taylor had this decade... End of story. And well her Tour attendence and reviews of said tours say something else than your uninformed opinion. 

I've watched enough of her performances already, she's bad (and the AMAs one was lipped) , its like saying McDonalds its good and the BEST food because it has more clients.

Numbers dont equal Quality.

Nonsense.

WTF is MDNA

Curunir

I mean, she's not my favorite artist and she's certainly not the best performer, but going purely by the numbers she's undeniably #1, so this coming from Billboard is a logical choice.

Anyways, congrats to her, no one can say that it isn't deserved :golfclap:

32 minutes ago, Magui said:

Congratulations. She might be the artist with the most awards most swiftly achieved in their career. I sense that no one has or will have more awards than her at this point. No one can beat  her thats for sure. 

i mean she has been in the industry since 2004...

Shawniqua Mendes

I'm sorry but she's overrated

Wolałabym być sucha, ale przynajmniej jestem mokra. Szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj, szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj

Archived