💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Billboard's Greatest Dance Songs of the Decade

ferretti

Featured Posts

ferretti

Billboard has made a list of the greatest dance songs form the decade according to their editors.

Obv, everyone will disagree. You can ignore Billboard's pro subscription lock if you see it by entering reading mode. 

#15 Born This Way

“Born This Way” was the lead single from Lady Gaga’s 2011 album of the same name, but in terms of being the best single, it had stiff competition in follow-up singles such as “Marry the Night,” “Edge of Glory” and “Judas.” While they all shared the same DNA -- a fully charged concoction of electro, disco and synth-pop -- “Born This Way” had a message for everyone, everywhere: You’re a superstar the way you are. Confident, assuring and a little (okay, maybe a lot) campy, it felt like permission to live life out loud. “Born This Way”’s resonance reached the charts, too, debuting at the top of the Billboard Hot 100. “That's the kind of record I need to make,” Gaga said Billboard about the track in a 2011 cover story. “That's the record that's going to shake up the industry. It's not about the track. It's not about the production. It's about the song. Anyone could sing 'Born This Way'. It could've been anyone.” -- K.R.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8544613/best-dance-songs-of-the-decade-top-60

Top 10 in spolier.

Spoiler

10. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams, “Get Lucky” (2013)

9. Skrillex, “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites” (2010)

8. LCD Soundsystem, “Dance Yrself Clean” (2010)

7. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin, "Don't You Worry Child" (2012)

6. Kavinsky, “Nightcall” (2010)

5. TNGHT, “Higher Ground” (2012)

4. Disclosure feat. Sam Smith, “Latch” (2012)

3. Avicii, “Levels” (2011)

2. Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris “We Found Love” (2012)

1. Todd Terje, “Inspector Norse” (2012)

disco stick tester, inquire within

witchcocktor

I think it's pretty good overall that Lady Gaga got a spot in this list, and it's pretty high up too.

Andreu

Considering how off they tend to be when it comes to EDM, I'm not gonna complain since there is Godvicii and SHM :lolly:

never heard the #1 and I like it but it's not #1 worthy imo

Lilmonzter

Don't you worry child, latch, levels, higher ground,we found love and get lucky in a single list :bradley:

Sing C'est la vie 

PartySick

What is that #1? :toofunny: it's just a common club beat. What even.

The rest of the list looks fine though :diane:

Nice to see Get Lucky in the top 10. I stan Nile Rodgers :pray:

🖤

Archived