💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ME! Is a deserved BOP!

DC

Featured Posts

ME! Came out in April and is mostly known for the fun lyric “Spelling is fun!”

Honestly it’s one of the best songs on Lover and I have AMAZING memories with this song. Why do so many people hate it? Like can they not handle happy supposed-to-be cheesy lyrics? :laughga:

I’ve been saying this since April and I’m still saying it here in November, ME! Is AWESOME!... and you can’t spell it without “me” :firega:

To me this happy little song is within my top 3 favorite tracks from Lover and it’s just SUCH a mood lifter! I’ll always love this song no matter how much hate it gets, it’s just a great song to feel better with on a bad day :heart:

FRANK1991

I guess I'm just not into happy songs for children who likes spelling and think it's fun :ally:

:lmao:

I much prefer hints of darkness like 

Cruel Summer 

or heartbreak ballad

Afterglow

or finding hope after in

Daylight

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

14 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Honestly it’s one of the best songs on Lover

tumblr_nt3wf5SkIF1shaaz3o1_500.gif

I mean, I like the song and I think people take it too seriously but the album is full of masterpieces. I should never have been the lead single and it should never have been released with some of those lyrics  

Cornelia Street, False God, Cruel Summer, The Man sweeties 

who will love me when the night is over

59 minutes ago, Spock said:

tumblr_nt3wf5SkIF1shaaz3o1_500.gif

I mean, I like the song and I think people take it too seriously but the album is full of masterpieces. I should never have been the lead single and it should never have been released with some of those lyrics  

Cornelia Street, False God, Cruel Summer, The Man sweeties 

Cornelia Street is one of my top 3 songs from there but I just prefer ME! Than any of those other ones, those to me just sound a little rushed besides maybe False God. ME! Is like the perfect lead single.

FRANK1991
9 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

More like a deserved FLOP!

I really really really really like your profile photo btw

music video fist bump GIF

2 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Cornelia Street is one of my top 3 songs from there but I just prefer ME! Than any of those other ones, those to me just sound a little rushed besides maybe False God. ME! Is like the perfect lead single.

I agree it’s a fun song and would have been GREAT for a Trolls-like movie or whatever, but I will never understand why it was picked as lead.

The lyrics (especially the bridge) are really childish to me and not representative of the album at all, which is what a lead single should be? IMO it kind of tanked the era but ofc she was able to turn it over with critical acclaim and success :fan: 

GaGaAst
13 minutes ago, FRANK1991 said:

I guess I'm just not into happy songs for children who likes spelling and think it's fun :ally:

Cruel Summer 

or heartbreak ballad

Afterglow

or finding hope after in

Daylight

Triple threat.  Your taste 👍👍

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

59 minutes ago, Spock said:

I agree it’s a fun song and would have been GREAT for a Trolls-like movie or whatever, but I will never understand why it was picked as lead.

The lyrics (especially the bridge) are really childish to me and not representative of the album at all, which is what a lead single should be? IMO it kind of tanked the era but ofc she was able to turn it over with critical acclaim and success :fan: 

Neither is We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, or Shake It Off, or even Look What You Made Me Do, but the leads are almost never to be what the albums are really like :staymad:

FRANK1991
3 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

Triple threat.  Your taste 👍👍

Taylor really shines when her vocals and strong melodies come through

Tho I feel like I'm still stuck in the 1989 era:vegas:

these three songs all feel like they could belong on that album

Pop Music

worst song on Lover but still such a bop and I listen frequently 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

FRANK1991
2 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Neither is We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, or Shake It Off, or even Look What You Made Me Do, but the leads are almost never to be what the albums are really like :staymad:

I agree, I almost always disliked the lead because they are just that: to grab as many GP as possible by being inclusive, basic, and easy on the ears

That actually sometimes worked against me since the album might be really good but the lead threw me off and I thought the album was bad overall.

6 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

No, but even if her leads end up being not the best tracks of the albums, those tracks still make sense in the album/project as a whole. ME sticks out like a sore thumb and almost all stans universally agree it was a choice (and not a good one) :ohwell:

58 minutes ago, Spock said:

No, but even if her leads end up being not the best tracks of the albums, those tracks still make sense in the album/project as a whole. ME sticks out like a sore thumb and almost all stans universally agree it was a choice (and not a good one) :ohwell:

It's literally a sequel to Afterglow and right after they finally realize they're better off being friends, It's Nice To Have A Friend is next in the list. Don't come at me with that "It sTicKs oUt anD nOt in A gOod WaY" tea :reductive:

Just now, FRANK1991 said:

Cruel Summer 

or heartbreak ballad

Afterglow

or finding hope after in

Daylight

this :sweat:

ice heard one side from above

Archived