ASIB First SoundTrack To Grab 2 Song Of Year Noms Since 1994

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Yes, but ASIB was clearly a front runner. Some of these albums weren't as praised as ASIB. And Grammys do actually consider commercial success in some categories. Not all of them, but I read somewhere that they do

They consider it in the sense that they look at impact, and a more commercially successful album is far more likely to have impact...

but its still just one of the many things they consider

when ppl wonder how Esperanza Spalding beat Justin Bieber for best new artist, or how Arcade Fire (i think that was their name) beat out huge artists for album of the year in the early 2010s...

Its cuz the Grammys try to look beyond sales and charts

of course between impact which is considered, and record label submitions, big artists and hit albums/singles still always have some degree of advantage 

Economy
4 minutes ago, mamo said:

are you kidding me? have you seen most of the nominees in the main 4 categories? most of them are commercial sis :saladga:

I didnt say commercial isnt a factor

labels are more likely to submit hit content and impact is considered too so hit content always has an edge

but im saying for the grammys its not all thats considered

Mirages
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

I didnt. Hence why im not commenting on it.

but i doubt the half of GGD criticizing him did either tbh. Maybe a few did im sure...

but considering most here dont care for that type of music abd wouldnt care to even give the whole album a chance... im sure 80% are forming an opinion based on 2 or 3 tracks top that they know and on that basis decided it shouldnt have been nominated

ppl have a very nasty habit of forming opinions on things they know like 20% of the content or facts. And something tells me this is no different :emma:

im generalizing. Maybe u are one of the few that did for all i know

Well if you didn't sit through all of the albums nominated how do you know ASIB wasn't snubbed? 

Honestly it's not just Lil Nas X, some of those albums have no business being there at all, there's been netter albums this year and out of the populars ASIB would be a much better contender than let's say TU, N. But because general field is controlled and some nominees are added in "artificially" its what it is. 

I thought last year's nominees were much better. 

It was a snub, especially since a song from the album that didn't crack top 20 and wasn't popular with radios got a SOTY. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mister G
26 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dont think it was a snub tbh

between Bradleys meh songs and vocals and even Gagas other fillers...

many fans themselves have admited they only listen to tracks like shallow, INLA, ITA and ARUTW and kinda never play the rest...

the grammy voters had to listen to that rest :emma:

i personally found ASIB had a few exeptionally good songs but half the album was boring

Whaaaattttt??? Heal Me is the best “Ally” song from the soundtrack. It was her “first single” and feels like the yang to Gaga’s “The Cure.”

Doncho
5 minutes ago, Mirages said:

It was a snub, especially since a song from the album that didn't crack top 20 and wasn't popular with radios got a SOTY. 

I agree that it was snubbed from AOTY, but ARUTW got into "Song" the same way ASIB was left out of "Album" :huntyga:

At least they still gave Gaga a main nomination

Mirages
Just now, Doncho said:

I agree that it was snubbed from AOTY, but ARUTW got into "Song" the same way ASIB was left out of "Album" :huntyga:

At least they still gave Gaga a main nomination

Definitely... I think it was kind of a damage control, she probably wasn't getting a Pop Vocal nom according to votes, so they just slapped it into SOTY :huntyga:

One would think it's time for her to finally win in the general field, but this ain't happening. :interestinga:

Economy
13 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Well if you didn't sit through all of the albums nominated how do you know ASIB wasn't snubbed? 

Honestly it's not just Lil Nas X, some of those albums have no business being there at all, there's been netter albums this year and out of the populars ASIB would be a much better contender than let's say TU, N. But because general field is controlled and some nominees are added in "artificially" its what it is. 

I thought last year's nominees were much better. 

When i say i dont think it was snubbed i mean in general terms. I dont like half the album so i dont think it deserves album of the year... that doesn’t automatically mean i think others on the list deserve it more. I havent heard other nominees fully as u said

but at least im not bringing out specific names i havent heard

also this album as a while gets a total of 7 noms now. Thats hardly an unrecognized piece of work

Mirages
16 minutes ago, Economy said:

When i say i dont think it was snubbed i mean in general terms. I dont like half the album so i dont think it deserves album of the year... that doesn’t automatically mean i think others on the list deserve it more. I havent heard other nominees fully as u said

but at least im not bringing out specific names i havent heard

also this album as a while gets a total of 7 noms now. Thats hardly an unrecognized piece of work

Nnnn just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not worthy a nomination, people were shitting on Lana's album over here yet it got a nom and was critically acclaimed. Snubs are not about what you like or don't like but about works that are widely expected to be nominated or win not being recognized. I'm just gonna leave it at that cause I don't feel like arguing and you have your opinion and everybody else has theirs. 

Economy
4 hours ago, Mirages said:

Nnnn just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not worthy a nomination, people were shitting on Lana's album over here yet it got a nom and was critically acclaimed. Snubs are not about what you like or don't like but about works that are widely expected to be nominated or win not being recognized. I'm just gonna leave it at that cause I don't feel like arguing and you have your opinion and everybody else has theirs. 

4 hours ago, Mirages said:

Of course it's an opinion... Just like the Grammy voters have their opinions that don't agree with Gaga fans obviously

Art at the end of the day is highly subjective and hard pick out a best. That's why even the Grammys are largely just someone's opinion

But again I should not be criticized cuz im at least not making direct comparisons to albums I haven't even listened to :selena:

5 hours ago, Economy said:

So many GGD members keep bringing up Lil Nas X

i have to genuinely question how many of these critics here actually sat thru his entire album

ppl have a tendency to criticize nominations of albums and often know like maybe 2 tracks from it :rip:

I actually enjoy Lil Nas....

Economy
Just now, Eggsy said:

I actually enjoy Lil Nas....

I liked old town road (tho I do think it was overrated and blown out of proportion)

That's his only song I know tho so :sweat:

Actually I heard one other but I don't even remember the name

Archived