Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Buttigieg climate advisor worked for Trump admin against climate activists

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg, enjoying a surge in Iowa polling, has a climate advisor allied with the Trump administration against climate activists.

David G. Victor, recently quoted in a New York Times article criticizing Bernie Sanders’ ambitious climate plan, was identified by journalist Lisa Friedman as a “climate advisor to Pete Buttigieg.”

Not mentioned by Friedman were Victor’s ties to the fossil-fuel industry and to the Trump administration, who is a political scientist, not a climate scientist, by training.

In 2007, Victor celebrated a $7.5 million contribution from BP to the program he directed at the time, Stanford University’s Program on Energy and Sustainable Development. “BP’s support has allowed our program to study the world’s most pressing energy problems, such as global warming, energy poverty and the prospects for the world oil market,” said program director and Stanford law Professor David Victor. “In addition to BP Foundation support, we learn from BP’s experience as an energy company because they operate in all the markets where we do research—such as in China and India.”

In 2009, he pushed “clean coal.”

In 2016, Victor emphasized his empathy for corporate polluters, railing against a study finding that 90 corporations are responsible for most greenhouse pollution. ””It’s part of a larger narrative of trying to create villains; to draw lines between producers as responsible for the problem and everyone else as victims,” he complained. “Frankly, we’re all the users and therefore we’re all guilty. To create a narrative that involves corporate guilt as opposed to problem-solving is not going to solve anything.”

In 2018, Victor was paid by the Trump administration to be an expert witness against the 21 youth plaintiffs bringing suit against the federal government for its inaction on climate change and support of a fossil-fuel economy.

“It is my belief that the dependence on fossil fuels which existed prior to the oil crises of the 1970s, and which exists today, in fact, is the inevitable consequence of history,” Victor wrote. He also argued that it is the renewable energy sector, not the fossil-fuel industry, which enjoys the lion’s share of federal subsidies, and that federal policy has little to do with the financial success of the fossil-fuel industry. He was paid $325 an hour to prepare his testimony.

“The progressive wing wants radical change, and climate change is one of those areas where this has really been the most palpable,” Victor told the Times. “The Sanders plan claims to deliver radical change, but it can’t work in the real world.”

Source: http://www.hillheat.com/articles/2019/11/18/pete-buttigieg-climate-advisor-is-a-fossil-fuel-funded-witness-for-the-trump-administration-against-childrens-climate-lawsuit

• Like 1
  • Shook 5
  • Thanks 4

OG Gaga Stan

And his national policy director is a former a Goldman Sachs executive. :rip:

With a team like that, no wonder he's out there attacking progressive proposals left and right. :rip:

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 17
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

PartySick

The Pete vs Bernie thing going on right now :air:

Pete was cancelled for me in the last debate, honestly it just keeps getting worse :toofunny:

#KeepAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Musicisfreedom

I think it's soooo annoying how his supporters run away whenever anything bad comes out about him, or tries to switch it on Bernie. Reminds me an awful lot of Trumpeters. Like, really?

• Like 6

ltlmnstr

First the photos, now this?!

I mean the video of him talking to a Tea Party gathering is making rounds on twitter as well.

It's like how moderate democrats only claim the name because they're pro-choice.
Guess one of the reasons was because he's gay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ALGAYDO

Things just keep getting worse and worse for him. I love it. We need a progressive in the White House now more than ever, not someone like him 

Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

ltlmnstr
32 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Things just keep getting worse and worse for him. I love it. We need a progressive in the White House now more than ever, not someone like him 

I swear DNC might to rig it for him. He's apparently charming to oh so many people.

• Like 1

Morphine Prince
46 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

In early 2019 when people were just getting to know him he seemed like a very intelligent and nice man. And I'm sure he is. 

But now that everything has slowly come out I cannot stand him as a candidate. 

• Like 9

FATCAT
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

The Pete vs Bernie thing going on right now :air:

Pete was cancelled for me in the last debate, honestly it just keeps getting worse :toofunny:

Honestly it's good to see how these candidates hold under the spotlight. They're going to COME for Pete at the debate tomorrow, and it ain't gonna be pretty.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 1

Marilyn MonHoe
9 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

In early 2019 when people were just getting to know him he seemed like a very intelligent and nice man. And I'm sure he is. 

But now that everything has slowly come out I cannot stand him as a candidate. 

Perched to see how the Buttigieg stans are gonna defend this :enigma:

• Like 3

Musicisfreedom
Just now, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Perched to see how the Buttigieg stans are gonna defend this :enigma:

They will defend it by ignoring it and pretending it doesn't exist 

• Like 7