Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

CATS - New Trailer

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see it for the first time and this is terrible. I like Webber's music very much, I have watched some of his musicals including Cats in theater. This is simply horrific. And where are the snippets of the iconic songs in the trailer, this is just instrumental.

1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I dislike Rebel Wilson's humour so much, I can't find her funny one bit :bradley:

I can relate. I used to find it refreshing, but it’s the same repetitive sh*t that it’s just annoying now, honestly. 

Why are people acting completely repulsed by this when Avatar did the same thing and ya'll ate it up because it was aliens. I think this looks great, I loved Tom hooper's version of Les Mis.

The whole “cat fur technology” or whatever the called it doesn’t really make me hesitant for this movie anymore. I’m passed the uncanny valley and I’m okay with their faces on the cat bodies. The hands I’m still getting used to, but the faces I’m okay with now :vegas:

I listened to Taylor Swift’s “Beautiful Ghosts” and that song actually got me excited for the movie also. 

Reality

I’m sorry, but I absolutely hate everything about this movie.

i still feel like it might do well though because I feel like a lot of people are just curious to see it 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Reality
23 minutes ago, Karl said:

Why are people acting completely repulsed by this when Avatar did the same thing and ya'll ate it up because it was aliens. I think this looks great, I loved Tom hooper's version of Les Mis.

Well, Avatar’s tech was considered ahead of its time; however, in a world where we have things like Avengers Endgame, this isn’t all that special. 

Plus, cats are creatures we are used to, so it’s weird to see them in this light. An alien can look any way, shape, or form without it being too “weird” or “unsettling” to look at. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

giskardsb

One of the best segments of the musical is the McCavity segment.  I just don't see any way that Taylor can pull it off as Bombalurina ( the second cat singing in this clip along Demeter).

StrawberryBlond

Now we're actually hearing more dialogue and it's even more horrendous than I thought:

"Let's dance!"

"I've got plenty of soul!"

"It's party time!"

"Cat got your tongue?"

"Don't mess with a crazy cat lady."

"That's not going to work is it? *hiss* That's what I say to you." *hiss*

Taylor Swift shimmying cat breasts. Rebel Wilson clonking herself in the face with a chain. A naked Idris Elba in cat form. Judi Dench playing this completely seriously. Cat-astrophic. Cats should not have spoken dialogue in it. Ever. Once again, who asked for this movie? Anyone? Because it sure as hell wasn't fans of the original musical.

Galactastica

I have been a huge Cats fan since I was a kid, for a good 25 years. I really, really love this book, musical, stage production; it's definitely one of my few favorites. With that said, I don't think this could look much worse. I am embarrassed that people will think *this* is what Cats is. 

One thing I've noticed is watching people watch Cats live or talking to people about it, rarely does anybody know what the **** it's about. Kind of sad, because although it's kind of crazy, the plot is immensely sad and depressing, even with the upbeat songs, etc. I like the darkness about it and the point of the whole gathering being so depressing. It's really beautiful. 

Whether it's the aesthetic, the plot, the sadness or happiness, this trailer doesn't reflect any of that to it's audience. The CG is terrible (then again I thought Avatar looks like a POS in the theater and was the most repeated trope of a plot there could be), they stripped the personality from the plot and made it a slapstick one liner aiming for the love of a plebeian pedestrian general public. How disappointing! 

No One:

Andrew Lloyd Webber: this beautiful love story/musical is too perfect. Make all the characters Cats. 

Daylight Jokers
23 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Now we're actually hearing more dialogue and it's even more horrendous than I thought:

"Let's dance!"

"I've got plenty of soul!"

"It's party time!"

"Cat got your tongue?"

"Don't mess with a crazy cat lady."

"That's not going to work is it? *hiss* That's what I say to you." *hiss*

Taylor Swift shimmying cat breasts. Rebel Wilson clonking herself in the face with a chain. A naked Idris Elba in cat form. Judi Dench playing this completely seriously. Cat-astrophic. Cats should not have spoken dialogue in it. Ever. Once again, who asked for this movie? Anyone? Because it sure as hell wasn't fans of the original musical.

I've always wanted to see a naked Idris...but not this way.

Archived