Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga is receiving 3 Grammy nominations

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

ydnmnme
6 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Someone wrote that an artist who has 10 noms under their belt now has 9 on their site, which (if true) confirms that this whole thing is bulls*t, and honnestly I think it is… I'm scared that Gaga ends up with less noms than that though

Exactly. It better be those 3 noms or more. Because if it’s less, we all will regret having a meltdown in this thread.

𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I think 8 nominations is too much, it would be a shame if tomorrow the GRAMMYs announced that Lizzo actually "only" has one/two noms… I would feel terribly bad for her

2 minutes ago, ydnmnme said:

Exactly. It better be those 3 noms or more. Because if it’s less, we all will regret having a meltdown in this thread.

ASIB is gonna lose Compilation Soundtrack to TLK, I can feel it………. :saladga:

(and I was one of the only people who thought Joanne would win Pop Solo)

6 hours ago, Santa Stefani said:

AOTY, Vocal performance and Soundtrack are my guesses. I don’t think she’s getting song of the year with INLA or ARUTW

This 

fav song: lady haha — no floodz ft adele

Just now, GrigioGirl1 said:

I don't know what to believe. There is no way the Grammys can be this careless. But it seems legit...

let's just pray… 17 hours left

ferretti
3 hours ago, JustJames said:

I work in marketing and have developed/designed websites for 8 years for many large clients. One was a state tourism board, which while regulated, did not require oversight like mentioned above (having an auditor oversee the entire process) and a mistake like this would have caused our (at the time) entire firm to be fired almost immediately. The GRAMMYs no doubt have an Agency of Record who handles all of their marketing material and it being one of their larger clients, the publicity regarding the possible slashing of jobs to makeup for this huge error with potential legal ramifications would be EVERYWHERE.

Before ANY change is made to the live website, several tests are made to ensure that there will be no bugs or glitches on the final version. This is all done in a very typical, run-of-the-mill, QA environment that any developer knows their way around. They also:

1) would never have access to the ACTUAL information that will be populated; instead, they would use 'greek' copy or, in this case, characters that can be replicated in the live environment (in this case, numbers)

2) would never populate the test environment with the ACTUAL information even if they did have access to it FOR THIS VERY SCENARIO 

I cannot imagine a major agency ever making this mistake; can imagine even less that a major agency would have such lax protocols in place to prevent it; and imagine even less that heads would not be rolling if this mistake were to have been made.

This is all true, but honestly, I don't think the Grammys are that well run. Companies have shockingly inefficient tech departments and stacks all the time. Also, the nominations aren't as big of a deal as wins, so it makes more sense they might have some of this on the live site. Someone else pointed out a bunch of new pages were made for new nominees, which when worrying about caching and pushing so much live at the same time,  makes a lot of sense to have this data loaded and ready to go and not-live yet. Think the 403 pages are the most direct and obvious proof that these leaks are real and the info is ready to go.

I think these are real, and we should mourn the loss of the AOTY nom. 3 is pretty good, honestly. Lizzo and the other girls deserve, unless bey gets AOTY for Homecoming live, which does not deserve.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Sanne Godijn

Well atleast gaga has something thst these people dont not have and thats an oscar so im fine with whatever happens i dont need an award to show me that gaga:pawsup: is talented because i already know and so does the rest of the world period peace✌ out

5 minutes ago, ferretti said:

This is all true, but honestly, I don't think the Grammys are that well run. Companies have shockingly inefficient tech departments and stacks all the time. Also, the nominations aren't as big of a deal as wins, so it makes more sense they might have some of this on the live site. Someone else pointed out a bunch of new pages were made for new nominees, which when worrying about caching and pushing so much live at the same time,  makes a lot of sense to have this data loaded and ready to go and not-live yet. Think the 403 pages are the most direct and obvious proof that these leaks are real and the info is ready to go.

I think these are real, and we should mourn the loss of the AOTY nom. 3 is pretty good, honestly. Lizzo and the other girls deserve, unless bey gets AOTY for Homecoming live, which does not deserve.

but it happens every year and it's always fake

JustJames
16 minutes ago, ferretti said:

I am saying all of this with the acceptance that this very well may be the case and I am wrong. But, I have developed websites at marketing agencies with 80 people in Phoenix, AZ; and, 800+ people in New York City. Neither, or those in between, would have ever lived to see another day if their dev team allowed this to happen, which would - no matter how sloppy - take a massive amount of both stupidity and lack of oversight, a combination of which I just cannot see being possible unless planned. 

I see no issue with "caching" or the amount of content being published tomorrow to warrant the creation of LIVE pages with various 403/404/etc. errors being PURPOSEFULLY added to them. This is so beyond the realm of best practices that again, it would take willingful stupidity to do such a thing. *If* they were going to bother pushing these pages live in advance and take the resources and time and risk of "covering" them beforehand, they would NOT do it on a person-by-person or page-by-page basis which is required by this 404/403 system. That means so much more manual stupidity today and much more manual work tomorrow to undo it.

Instead, IF they were to push any new pages live and try to 'cover' them up, they would have just put up blanket error pages for new artists that matched the error pages of those without any entries or redirects. In this case, simply lift the error page/redirect for any new nominees tomorrow and you're all set. This STILL is so much more work and something I have NEVER seen done before in my career. There is NO benefit to this vs. having the /luke-nelson (example) page ready to go in QA and able to be pushed live tomorrow. 

These are simple, light-content, pages with the same template. The push will not be a difficult bearing on a server owned by an entity like the GRAMMYs. Entire websites are pushed at one time with complex eCommerce functionality and they work fine. This is no excuse to push pages live with some ridiculous scheme of 403/404 error process. This would be a total mess to manage!

As far as "caching," I don't know exactly what you mean here... caching reduces load times for individual users who have gone to a page before. Pushing the page live a day before with a 403 will not make it load any faster because, under this system, nobody was supposed to actually visit these pages and have them cached. If you meant caching for the purposes of Google crawling the content for search, 24 hours would not have much of an impact, plus the GRAMMY website has such high ranking authority that it wouldn't make a different anyway.

TL; DR:

There is NO logistical explanation for any of the happenings on the GRAMMY website. Every detail that is "exposed" only makes the situation seem more and more confusing. None of this follows best practices or can even be explained by mistakes I have prepared for in the dev process in my lifetime. If everything being catalogued is true, I have to assume that is being done purposefully to generate hype/hysteria. The other is that it is a series of nothings mixed with a few errors mixed with some spontaneous attempts at capturing the hype? 

JustJames

I hate to repeat myself 1000x at this point, but to those saying ASIB is undeserving of an AOTY nomination because of the timing of its release or its lack of followup hits after Shallow, please (genuinely asking here; not trying to be a jerk at all) answer:

1. Why is there an eligibility period if the most acclaimed album of that period is going to be penalized for being released at the start of it? Any piece of work released during this period should and likely is treated equally. ASIB may seem stale, but Ariana Grande is supposedly receiving 5 noms for work that peaked before or around the same time that Shallow did.

2. What were the Hot 100 figures for 3+ tracks from: Golden Hour, The Suburbs, Babel, Morning Phase, or Random Access Memories? ASIB has a #1 global smash in Shallow and an album of globally-acclaimed tracks that span multiple genres, including ARUTW that was an official (limited) U.S. single that peaked at #41 and was a full release in other countries, and INLA that peaked at #36 as a limited U.S. single and higher globally as a full release.

These are not valid reasons for it to be ignored or excluded. They are reasons why LG and her team failed to fully capitalize on the film and album's resonance worldwide by not promoting additional songs as hard as Shallow and preventing ARUTW, for example, from charting Top 10 and being a serious contender for SOTY/ROTY. But, they are non-starters for AOTY.

Again, LG should have 3 noms nailed down: AOTY, Song for Visual Media, and Compilation Soundtrack. Anything less is a blatant snub.

Doncho
47 minutes ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Well atleast gaga has something thst these people dont not have and thats an oscar so im fine with whatever happens i dont need an award to show me that gaga:pawsup: is talented because i already know and so does the rest of the world period peace✌ out

Yes! We need more people like you tbh :heart:

I was expecting 3 noms before this leak, so I hope thats what we get tomorrow. AOTY nom would be awesome though

Archived