Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes branded ‘coward’ by Taylor's fans

Bambino

Featured Posts

joanoflark
1 minute ago, Doot said:

The person is probably referring to the fact that you've sort of seemed antagonistic over the discussion. 

We all recognize that everyone comes from different backgrounds and have different experiences and perspectives,  but telling people to mind their business and slinging barbs is not conducive to a productive and constructive conversation. 

I'm not trying to have this discussion anymore. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

It is kind of interesting that he hasn't said anything when she seems to be specifically looking for public support. I haven't been paying super close attention to him, but has Ed said anything? Or the Panic! dude? Lorde? Even outside of her circle, there's no one huge saying anything. I'm sure they're all busy people, but it's curious she's only getting support from close friends like Gigi, or from smaller scale artists. 

AmericanxDream

The homophobia! Shawn hasn't done anything wrong. The Swifties need to stop projecting their insecurities onto  other artists. 

JustinTrudeau

Wait, why does he get branded like this? Maybe he's helping her behind the scenes? A "helpful" tweet or lack of is not the whole story? :confused:

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

MurderLipstick

I’m not denying that violent, racist attacks take place toward minorities and other non-whites. It’s happened throughout history and it continues to happen to this very day. It’s an injustice that cannot and will not be tolerated, and I believe the majority of people, of all races, around the world agree. However,  any race, including whites, can be subjected to racism and racial stereotypes.

I myself am a straight white middle class male. I know many don’t believe I have a right to speak about this subject. That my opinions, thoughts, and feelings are not welcomed nor deserved because of who I am and how I identify. Personally, I have experienced racism directed toward me, in an encounter in the form of a demeaning slur regarding my pale skin tone and being described as white scum.

But please hear me out when I say that because I am a straight, white, middle class male, I acknowledge I have been privileged to have only experienced one account of racism in all my 28 years of life. What happened to me should not be tolerated, but when I put the situation into perspective, it’s because of how I identify that I get to go home on a normal basis without the fear of something or someone putting my life at risk, whereas countless minorities have been victims of senseless and brutal racist encounters and attacks for far too long. I put into perspective, that because of how I identify, I do not have fear when a cop pulls me over. I am not considered suspect when walking into a convenience store. I do not make others clutch their purses when I pass them by. I do not live life knowing that not even 60 years ago, my grandparents were hosed down, spit on, screamed at, and murdered in the streets for all to see. 

Although I disagree with others views and opinions regarding racism against whites, I don’t want to be seen as an enemy. I am not trying to portray myself as a victim of racially motivated attacks. And I am not saying my opinion matters more. I understand the opportunities I’ve been given, while others who deserve those same chances, are simply looked down upon and turned away. I don’t stand for it. I don’t condone it. And I realize that it exists.  Please come to understand that we can have different opinions and feelings and beliefs on various subject matter without feeling the need to tear each other down, diminishing our support and respect for one another in the process.

The truth is, for me, a straight white middle class male, I will always stand in support for any person (regardless of their sexual preferences, race, sex/gender, income class, religion, or political views) who deserves and demands equal rights, compassion, awareness, and acceptance. And please trust in me when I say there are many more of us out there who want to spread compassion for one another, not hate. 

Sorry for the lengthy post.  Just saw some comments that seemed very divisive rather than constructive. I believe it’s ok to disagree with others opinions and feelings, as long as we strive to present our objections in a civilized and professional manner. 

:heart::heart:

StrawberryBlond

It is kinda odd how the men closest to her aren't defending her. I thought Ed would totally have said something by now, but no. It's all very well supporting someone in private but when you're the kind of person who uses Twitter all the time to communicate and put your thoughts into the world, it's telling that you won't use it to defend someone. We're in an age where a tweet can go viral and yet the men in her life who are active on Twitter won't defend her through it. I'm not even a Taylor fan but even I can see this is a bit strange.

And about his status as a white straight male being brought up, it's ironic how being a white Hispanic can make you white or non-white depending on the situation. And how the way you were born can freely be used as an insult if it's the "default," "privileged" status within society.

59 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Yes! That was a typical western reply, I'm not even bothered to argue.. The whole history of RACISM is involved with White vs inferior races, and now people are neglecting that. 

57 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

So, what kind of prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism WHITES are facing? Name a few?

The same definition of racism should be be true all over the world, it shouldn't be about east vs. west. Us vs. them is what racism is. And you think the whole history of racism is about whites vs. every other race? You really need to brush up on history because every continent, culture and race has enslaved, imprisoned and killed its own people over anything that is perceived different about them. And this has been going on since the dawn of time, long before anyone has the means to travel to foreign lands to invade and colonise. Humans have been horrible to other humans, it's kinda what we do. You see you're Asian? Are you aware of all the current racism that goes on in Asia today towards all races, including their own? You are aware of the restrictions put on Korean-born people in Japan? And the caste system in India? Did you know that Asian countries like Jordan, India, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Vietnam, Indonesia and South Korea and were recently found to be the most racist when a poll discovered that between 30-40% of respondents said they wouldn't want to live next to those of another race?

And if you want to know any kind of prejudice, discrimination or antagonism whites are facing right now, research the white farmer killings in South Africa and what the white working class are currently going through under new government reform (in short, many are having their land and homes repossessed and even killed, it's thousands every year). It's so bad that some countries have considered taking them in as refugees. This stuff isn't widely covered by news for a reason because the concept of whites suffering racism is not the accepted narrative, even if it's true. This same thing is also present in Zimbabwe and will most likely spread across more African regions. In addition to this, Pakistani Muslim gangs operate all over the UK, routinely targeting underage white girls into sex slavery. For years, the police knew about it but did nothing because they were too afraid of being called racist. It was a huge scandal when it was found out and a documentary called Three Girls was even made about it. Unfortunately, it hasn't ended the problem and it still persists today.

Anveeroy
8 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It is kinda odd how the men closest to her aren't defending her. I thought Ed would totally have said something by now, but no. It's all very well supporting someone in private but when you're the kind of person who uses Twitter all the time to communicate and put your thoughts into the world, it's telling that you won't use it to defend someone. We're in an age where a tweet can go viral and yet the men in her life who are active on Twitter won't defend her through it. I'm not even a Taylor fan but even I can see this is a bit strange.

And about his status as a white straight male being brought up, it's ironic how being a white Hispanic can make you white or non-white depending on the situation. And how the way you were born can freely be used as an insult if it's the "default," "privileged" status within society.

The same definition of racism should be be true all over the world, it shouldn't be about east vs. west. Us vs. them is what racism is. And you think the whole history of racism is about whites vs. every other race? You really need to brush up on history because every continent, culture and race has enslaved, imprisoned and killed its own people over anything that is perceived different about them. And this has been going on since the dawn of time, long before anyone has the means to travel to foreign lands to invade and colonise. Humans have been horrible to other humans, it's kinda what we do. You see you're Asian? Are you aware of all the current racism that goes on in Asia today towards all races, including their own? You are aware of the restrictions put on Korean-born people in Japan? And the caste system in India? Did you know that Asian countries like Jordan, India, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Vietnam, Indonesia and South Korea and were recently found to be the most racist when a poll discovered that between 30-40% of respondents said they wouldn't want to live next to those of another race?

And if you want to know any kind of prejudice, discrimination or antagonism whites are facing right now, research the white farmer killings in South Africa and what the white working class are currently going through under new government reform (in short, many are having their land and homes repossessed and even killed, it's thousands every year). It's so bad that some countries have considered taking them in as refugees. This stuff isn't widely covered by news for a reason because the concept of whites suffering racism is not the accepted narrative, even if it's true. This same thing is also present in Zimbabwe and will most likely spread across more African regions. In addition to this, Pakistani Muslim gangs operate all over the UK, routinely targeting underage white girls into sex slavery. For years, the police knew about it but did nothing because they were too afraid of being called racist. It was a huge scandal when it was found out and a documentary called Three Girls was even made about it. Unfortunately, it hasn't ended the problem and it still persists today.

I really do not want to get lectured by a British person, the nation forcefully ruled us for two hundred years, created a catastrophic partition and  responsible for the chaos in South Asia. 

Have your forget how colonizers went to each and every east countries, invaded them and created chaos? HOW? The problems we are facing here, who caused it? Tell me?

Sorry, try again. Your one-sided, orientalist views won't work. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

TEANUS

The problem today is that everyone expects everyone to pick a side. If it’s their side, yay, if not, they’re trash and their opinion is invalid. Everyone is allowed to an opinion on any side or to choose to not have one at all. Celebrities have that right too and these fans sound like spoiled brats expecting something out of a fav that isn’t even their’s. Just because Taylor let him open for her and collab with her doesn’t mean he owes her anything. He has a very well off career on his own. She made those choices and he obviously accepted, that’s all it is. He has NOTHING to do with this and simply put...he doesn’t have to :shrug: If Taylor and/ or her fans expect everyone who’s ever worked with her to respond that’s their fault

And why you guys are making this about racism is beyond me :rip:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

I really do not want to get lectured by a British person, the nation forcefully ruled us for two hundred years, created a catastrophic partition and still responsible the chaos in South Asia. 

Wow. Wow. WOW.

It amazes me how I come at people with nothing but facts and they still refuse to listen to reason. And they have to nerve to insult me for my nationality into the bargain? So, you're against racism but are right on board for xenophobia now? Didn't anyone ever tell you that every country has a past, including yours? And that the past is history and we should judge people by their present? It's funny how every country with a non-white majority demands to be judged by its best moments and have its shameful past forgotten but white majority countries are deemed acceptable targets to judge by their worst moments and constantly bring up their past which is no longer relevant?

I have no more words. If that's the attitude you're going to have, you're going to annoy a lot more people in future. At least I'm being civil to you but don't expect everyone else to be so charitable.

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow. Wow. WOW.

It amazes me how I come at people with nothing but facts and they still refuse to listen to reason. And they have to nerve to insult me for my nationality into the bargain? So, you're against racism but are right on board for xenophobia now? Didn't anyone ever tell you that every country has a past, including yours? And that the past is history and we should judge people by their present? It's funny how every country with a non-white majority demands to be judged by its best moments and have its shameful past forgotten but white majority countries are deemed acceptable targets to judge by their worst moments and constantly bring up their past which is no longer relevant?

I have no more words. If that's the attitude you're going to have, you're going to annoy a lot more people in future. At least I'm being civil to you but don't expect everyone else to be so charitable.

The days of Madam and Sir are gone. 

StrawberryBlond
7 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

The days of Madam and Sir are gone. 

What the actual...? What century do you think we're living in? For the record, we still use Madam and Sir and we use it to apply to anyone, it's a standard title, as it is in most English speaking countries. I think it's time to say goodbye to you. Your response has shown me that we're not operating on the same planet, never mind the same thought process.

CautiousLurker
26 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

I really do not want to get lectured by a British person, the nation forcefully ruled us for two hundred years, created a catastrophic partition and  responsible for the chaos in South Asia. 

Have your forget how colonizers went to each and every east countries, invaded them and created chaos? HOW? The problems we are facing here, who caused it? Tell me?

Yes, screw her argument cuz... she's british - best refutation I've ever seen... Honestly, if you're british, you're automatically racist imo, prove me wrong :enigma:

OT: I mean, I didn't need more convincing that Taylor's fans are asinine, but this did the job :flower:

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

What the actual...? What century do you think we're living in? For the record, we still use Madam and Sir and we use it to apply to anyone, it's a standard title, as it is in most English speaking countries. I think it's time to say goodbye to you. Your response has shown me that we're not operating on the same planet, never mind the same thought process.

You didn't get the reference, don't you. Honestly, I am not surprised. Bye-Bye!

Archived