Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Death of Pop Music (The Next Decade)

Daylight Jokers

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers

Stumbled upon this video and I personally disagree with some of his comments, especially with Gaga (on his sentiment regarding how Gaga's songs these past few years hadn't been that great), Bruno, and Selena. Any thoughts?

Gaga's at 7:42

Guest Blue Madonna

It's a very interesting video. I mean, to be honest, I agree that she won't be part of the 'next generation of music', I think her ASIB era has kind of accelerated her status towards being someone like Mariah or Madge, respected as one of the OG queens of pop. I think she'll still have success, possibly even really huge success, but she won't be seen as next gen, rather a legend who continues putting out quality music.

derpmonster

People have been saying stuff like this forever. Yawn.

art will GIF

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster

What people forget is that we only remember some things from classical music whereas we experience pop music in real time. I'm in classical music had some sh*t music too that we just don't care about anymore. In a few years, we'll find that only some pop music stands the test of time and will be remembered as some of the best. That's what we should focus on, the big picture.

Do y'all think the 70s didn't have trashy pop songs? Or the 80s? Y'all know people used to say jazz was not real music when it started becoming popular?

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Guest Blue Madonna

I do think the future of music is going towards slightly more edgy music that could possibly be seen as currently 'alt pop'. I think artists like Lana, Marina (although I don't think those two so much, but they're examples of what it could be like), Billie Eilish, Lorde, The Neighbourhood, Florence + The Machine, The 1975, BØRNS, artists like that. 

I'm predicting influence from the current 'sad trap soundcloud rapper' phase and the current indie rock scene but in a more poppy setting; I do think minimalistic pop combined with alt pop-rock will lead the way. 

Taylucifer

I basically agree with most of the video.

I think that Taylor should do a pop leaning rock album next - like WANEGBT on the 1989 tour.

I feel like that could fit with the 'edgier' sound and is what she should have done instead of Lover. Also she should bleach her hair again:vegas:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Archived