💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga talking about streaming

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

LilyLark
12 minutes ago, Jose P said:

But not everyone wants to hear the same trap and generic pop either. A lot of people like rock and punk and country, etc. It’s not like 99% of the population likes pop and hip hop. There are thousands of people who are fans of other genres as well. And quite frankly, it gets old listening to the same old sh*t on the radio.

Back in the 80s for example, you had both pop and rock topping the charts. And rock fans haven’t ceased to exist there are still A LOT. But radio now just ignores it. If they paid more attention to rock artists you would be pleasing those who like this genre. And keep on playing pop and hip hop as well to please those who like it. And so on. 

It’s wishful thinking ofc, but I get and support what she’s saying. I love how she just loves music in general regardless of the genre. I can relate to that.

Agree. Also, more traditional R & B  gets ignored, too, along with rock and punk. Streaming is more of an issue than radio, imo, as it suggests "related lists" and rarely deviates and the type of lists that are pushed (even on the front page of Amazon music, for example) are almost always the same type of music (generic pop and trap). Streaming then influences radio.... At least radio occasionally still mixes it up—not like it did several years ago, though.

But it's a messy topic to get into—I wrote a little about it earlier. So I get why singers often avoid talking about streaming....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived