Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Grudge - 2020 Film

Disnalex

Featured Posts

Disnalex

The trailer just dropped a few days ago for the new adaptation of The Grudge. It comes out in January. 

Will you see it?

The original gave me nightmares :cryga:

Gaga for Disney

ItWasntLaauv

I really hope it’s good, I love the franchise so much. :bradley:

Edit: I just watched the trailer, it could either be really good or really bad. I like that there’s a different approach being made, but I’m afraid that it might lose what made the predecessors what they were. I’m hopeful, but still have my reservations. Either way, I know I’ll watch it and try to have a spooky time!! :heart:

ANOTHER EDIT: I loved the Evil Dead remake a lot and the person who did that is producing this movie and i oop-!!!

moonboywow
Just now, Doot said:

It should given it takes place in America. 

Yes but considering it's a remake of a Japanese movie...why you gotta dilute the japanese vibe? American horror is just...not good. It's very loud and full of unnecessary jump scares. Watch the Japanese version and come back to me. 

3 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

Yes but considering it's a remake of a Japanese movie...why you gotta dilute the japanese vibe? American horror is just...not good. It's very loud and full of unnecessary jump scares. Watch the Japanese version and come back to me. 

I have seen every film in the franchise, this is a sequel to the American remake from 2004 which was set in Japan directed by the original Japanese director. 

moonboywow
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

I have seen every film in the franchise, this is a sequel to the American remake from 2004 which was set in Japan directed by the original Japanese director. 

And who is directing this?

Franch Toast

I really liked the original Ju On series, and I didn't even mind the Hollywood remake that much (much better than some of the other Hollywood remakes of Asian horror flicks). I like the series, I love John Cho, and I'm a huge horror buff, so I'll see it. 

She/Her/Hers

13 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

And who is directing this?

What does that matter though? The original creator of the story felt it fine to make an American remake which still retained all the Japanese imagery and vibes. He obviously would have had to sign off on this. Not to mention he also created The Grudge 2 American sequel, once again, set in America. This even has Kayako in it which is most likely there to set the bridge for how it was brought over from Japan.

And while I love Japanese horror, let's not for  a single second pretend that the Japanese series aside from the first two aren't terrible.  They have completely ran that franchise into the ground, especially with the latest installment:

sadako-kayako.jpg

Dominic

Buffy did it better. 

Ju-on was the superior film because it was creepier even though it was the same actress. The Hollywood version was just more glossy, as always. 

Still I prefer The Grudge, solely for SMG. 

The fight scene in that Sadako vs Kayako is a mess haha.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

1 minute ago, Dominic said:

Buffy did it better. 

Ju-on was the superior film because it was creepier even though it was the same actress. The Hollywood version was just more glossy, as always. 

Still I prefer The Grudge, solely for SMG. 

The fight scene in that Sadako vs Kayako is a mess haha.

I will say that the 2004 was definitely glossier. I still prefer it over the original, but it is not drastically different. It's practically shot for shot for many scenes. I do think they utilized the higher budget to make the ghosts seem a tad more...ghosty, which I liked.

But I agree. Sarah Michelle Gellar could star in anything and it immediately because holy.

KleinGa

Looks kind of boring and tired for me :huntyga:

Looks like it carries the same vibe as Lights Out especially with that one scene with the kid in his bedroom. 

Archived