Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Kanye West - JESUS IS KING

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
1 hour ago, alextruper17 said:

The difference: We support Gaga not R Kelly. 

Can you imagine supporting R. Kelly? Just as awful as supporting Kanye West.

R. Kelly is a rapist and pedophile. 

Kanye just says dumb ****. 

It’s not the same AT ALL. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, alextruper17 said:

Good lord :rip: Please think before you speak. How disrespectful to R Kelly's victims.

Just had my first listen. Initial thoughts - vast improvement on ye which I've basically just ... forgotten about. It's definitely way more focused and isn't overly heavy on the gospel influence musically which I was a little afraid of. Hasn't overly grabbed me like his best albums, but it's pretty good.

One of my biggest issues that bugged me the whole way through is his vocals??? The mix is awful. What happened? It must be intentional because it's such an oversight otherwise - surely. And the backing vocals sound great. But Kanye's... he just sounds unmixed on most tracks. It struck me as soon as he appeared for the first time on Selah after the choir sounds wonderful on Every Hour.

Anyway, it's a decent album that I'll come back to for sure. Fav songs for now - Closed On Sunday, Follow God and Hands On.

3 hours ago, Thomas P said:

Religion can do good believe it or not. 
It’s the root of a lot of bad, but it’s helped me in a lot of ways 

I'm glad it's helped you. But I do feel like many more people's lives could be have been improved if religion did not exist. 

Nirvana

I liked it, I feel it's really solid album and I love how it's so soothing listen somehow. :kara: I love that Kanye has found peace of mind from his faith and that is a good thing even if I wasn't on the same page on an spiritual journey. Still I feel like it has unfinished feel, some tracks could easily be longer, but I think it's an artistic choice... Same with mixing, I couldn't point out what it was but after reading @Harry's comment I realised it. But I'm sure either it's intentional or this will be done the same as with TLOP.

Favourite tracks: Use this Gospel, Hands On, Follow God. :heart:

misunderstood
On 10/26/2019 at 10:04 AM, alextruper17 said:

Your fake activism is showing, work on that :(

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

alextruper17
5 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Your fake activism is showing, work on that :(

I'm not an activist

I dislike Kanye. That's what's showing :vegas:

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Morphine Prince

So after days of listening here are my thoughts: 

Definitely at the lower end of the ranks of his albums. But still highly enjoyable. 

I remain enjoying it more than Ye. 

The album is slaying on Spotify. 

StrawberryBlond

Not as reliant on pure gospel as initially anticipated, so that's what made it halfway listenable. I think Selah was the best, followed by Closed On Sunday, God Is and Hands On. Nowhere near his best but for an experimental idea, it could've been worse. At least it's way better than the meandering, forgettable Ye. And at least this is his first release in a while with lyrics that I understood and weren't wrapped up in too much veiled, pretentious lyricism. I don't know how long he's capable of maintaining this style, though, which is why I think it's so short. It's like when Snoop Dogg made a reggae album (which was actually pretty good, check it out) and called himself Snoop Lion. You just know this is going to be a short term phase.

Archived