💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Doctor Sleep (The Shining Sequel)

Villanelle

Featured Posts

Love Ewan and Mike Flanagan but I don't know if I'll watch that. The Shining is my favorite movie of all time.

Can. Not. Wait!

I am about 3/4 through the book, and I enjoy it even more than The Shining (novel). I am a huge fan of Flanagan, and I am so very happy he's presently it as a sequel to the original film. 

:woot:

djBuffoon

Seeing it tomorrow. Love King, love Kubrick, and Flanagan is undoubtedly one of America’s best horror directors. So excited!

"Randomly" saw it, and it was pretty good, will for sure satisfy any Stephen King and shinning fans! 

even tho the beginning is kinda long and the movie take some time to become interesting, it's worth it after

www.kalderone.com

Just left the theater...

Spoiler

Absolutely fantastic movie. The cinematography was stunning, as is typical with all of Flanagans works. The performances were top notch, and while at first, I thought the first 1\4 seemed to be rushing by, by the half way point, I recognized that it was a style choice, and I really dug it.

Having just finished both The Shining and Doctor Sleep novels just last week, he did a fantastic job not only adapting DS, but seamlessly blending Kubricks film and the original Shining novel. It was a damn TRIP walking back through the Overlook. Not one person in my theater made a single sound. The attention to detail was phenomenal. And the actors playing Jack and Wendy really pulled off their mannerisms perfectly.

While there were a few changes that were made, especially for Billy and how Rose dies, they made sense when moving from book to screen. Awesome movie, hopefully it ends up getting recognition it deserves.

(My only gripe was that they didn't include Rose and her giant single tooth which I was pretty excited to see.)

Archived