💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Miss Anthropocene - Grimes (leak)

FrozenKookie

Featured Posts

RAMROD

It sounds like Grimes got mellowed out for this album? It could be her Joanne tbh. Sort of. Majority songs on the album are low-mid tempo. And not in the Genesis kind. There are 11 songs. Opened and closed with slow songs. So get ready. For some, the mood for this album might bummed you out. Save for 3-4 songs.

There is a song titled Black Swan Blues, and it is actually that, poppish Blues music. Rather happy blues music though. Think about happier Taylor Swift country songs..., or Sixpence Nine The Richer. Yes, you can actually hear strums of banjo. Not even kidding. I honestly so into it. I appreciate this song.

But I can see fans who seeks for bops will enjoy 4 AM tbh. Regardless it is just instrumental. Very minimum lyrics. It is literally 90s Electro Pop mixed with Bollywood. And fans might enjoy My Name Is Dark, which is very Ladytron-ish, and New Gods, as well. 

Last Call reminds me with Blur music, kind of. 
The closing track is very chill track. I may find listening to this driving in my car on some of late nights.

It is pretty solid album for what it is. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to it and I love it, however we should keep in mind that these tracks are still demos. It's not like the whole finished album just leaked.

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, nickkoko said:

I listened to it and I love it, however we should keep in mind that these tracks are still demos. It's not like the whole finished album just leaked.

Sure, but it can also always be Fergie case all over again. Remember that one? When her 2nd album leaked, (#tragic), and she and her team said it was demos but when finally it finally releases, it actually sounds the same. :shrug:

Tbh, it doesn't sounds like raw demo to me, more like need few final touch ups kind of demos. So I won't be surprised if final work are not far from what we heard on this leak. :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I only liked My Name is Dark and 4aem :bradley:

i had so much expectations for it :bradley:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

QueenMortuana

It’s a pretty good album and what I expected. She said it would be a darker concept and she delivered just that. I really love the use of guitar on these tracks. Last Call and My Name is Dark are the standouts so far.

It does suck though because these are pretty much the final versions of the songs. They just aren’t mastered and mixed like Violence and WAP so whatever is released officially wont be majorly different. 

• 3 weeks later...
UWontUseMyMind
On 10/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, RAMROD said:

But I can see fans who seeks for bops will enjoy 4 AM tbh. Regardless it is just instrumental. Very minimum lyrics.

The version of 4ÆM leaked along with the album is 100% not the final version. I have another version of the song more polished and with more lyrics  

Edit: and it’s a bop too!

• 2 weeks later...
Dominic

So the final version isnt that much different but it is definitely more polished. It's on par with Art Angels for me, I MAY even like it a bit more but we'll see how it holds up 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

not Chromatica
Just now, March34th said:

the Grimes discord has all the leaks ima just put that out there:sis:

I can't Discord. Too old for that sh!t.

youandi

I like it, but I wish she could have gone with her earlier idea of two releases, one EP with the focused on the more synthy ethereal stuff and then the album that was more based around We Appreciate Power's sound. Also I'm not sure the concept with each track embodying a different factor of the end of the world really shines through (although I'm not 100% sure on the lyrics) so I wonder if that got diluted when the album's sound changed maybe?

Wow, that's really shitty that the final album leaked THREE MONTHS in advance :( I wonder if they will move up the release date or something.

BleepBloop

I'm kinda disappointed with this project...doesn't compare to the likes of Flesh Without Blood and Oblivion.

Emigrante

Album is just amazing! Wow! 4AM, My name is dark and violence are my favorites.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

It's been leaked like 3 times at this point :saladga: can the ones that listen to all the leaks answer me if the songs are the same versions or are they different? :wtf:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Archived